bye bye caster, hallo crit dagger

Anyone who runs multi strike with flicker strike won't be able to stop themselves from attacking guardians. The curses are for when the Flickr player is able to avoid the guardian and hits your character instead.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
Anyone who runs multi strike with flicker strike won't be able to stop themselves from attacking guardians. The curses are for when the Flickr player is able to avoid the guardian and hits your character instead.

very few flickers run MS on it in PVP for several reasons, one of which are guardians. Curses like pun and vouln are not a great combo imo, since the reflected dmg is far less than the dmg dealt. Even if the flickerer dies from reflected dmg, if he killed you with the hit he will gain a point first, so this tactic is viable only in 3v3 or arena. Again I must stress that I have never noticed dying from hitting another player while cursed. I do die often to guardians in FFA but in 1 v 1 is quite seldom. Altho I am saying all this from the perspective of my flicker build which is not the current mainstream flicker build I come against.
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Jul 21, 2014, 4:51:40 AM
ok my genious anti dagger didnt work at all, (light ball with knockback nodes+gem) anyway, flicker dagger too cookie cutter for me, is 2hand sword viable? lvling a duelist to check it out now
"
boye wrote:
ok my genious anti dagger didnt work at all, (light ball with knockback nodes+gem) anyway, flicker dagger too cookie cutter for me, is 2hand sword viable? lvling a duelist to check it out now

Yes it is viable. Also may be worth checking out 1h sword (crit or RT) with max block. Kudos on trying something different :P
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

Last edited by Bhai on Aug 5, 2014, 8:19:27 PM
i just want to add

imo people who think pure flicker crit dagger is op in pvp really need to play some more people

there are many hard counters:

blind
smoke mine
molten

I'm sure there are more
Shop:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/242144

IGN: phatdood
Would hardly call any of those "hard counters". Smoke mine as a get away thing is not really useful if you are getting killed in one unblocked flicker (I mean how would you have time to activate it?), blind sure would be nice but applying it before getting flickered? Maybe if I would convert a bunch of other players with the trap and we all spam dual blind flame totems all over the map. But solo I would maybe consider it a soft counter. Molten sure can be a hard counter against some flicker strike users but fairly easy to deal with if you (like most dagger users) have something like a spectral throw as back up. And there are also some that in some way just do not trigger molten (I am not sure if they have to much phys dmg for my moltens armour to block enough of it or if they are dealing elemental damage) and then flicker strikers also tend to have fairly decent block/dodge making that molen very unlikely to do anything at all even if it does detonate in your face.

The only hard counter I have seen is the reflect guardian and as people already said just don't use multi strike and you are fine against that too.

I am seeing it from a getting flickered point of view so I guess I might be a little biased but still..
Last edited by Grildrak on Aug 6, 2014, 5:41:14 AM
I played flicker for quite some time, my build is/was top tier

What build are you playing?

A few things:

- If you're trying to stack block to counter flicker, you're gonna have problems.

- Multistrike is very good as long as you don't bounce off anything. You won't have a chance of 1 shot with flicker without multistrike.

- I wouldn't consider bramble guardian as being a counter, guardian dies very fast. This only really works in arena because the guardian constantly respawns. I wonder if this is intended or a bug

- Your counters to molten are quite low dps. What happens if the molten user warps on you and casts EK?

- What build are you playing? TBH flicker totally wrecks any non optimized pvp build, but really falls short against dedicated pvp builds.
Shop:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/242144

IGN: phatdood

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info