Are we gonna pretend that...

"
Lyralei wrote:

So why have rules? Don't need them right. Why even have the word competitive. Lets rename it.

We'll call it..

Descent: Cheaters 2 - Electric Boogaloo

I'm not saying dont have rules. You don't know if he is breaking any rules. Im all for descent cheaters 2 electric boogaloo as the sig for next season it cant be any worse than it is right now.
Oh it can get worse.

15 min Bust or EL signature.

"
renruB wrote:
"
Lyralei wrote:

So why have rules? Don't need them right. Why even have the word competitive. Lets rename it.

We'll call it..

Descent: Cheaters 2 - Electric Boogaloo

I'm not saying dont have rules. You don't know if he is breaking any rules.

And you don't know if he isn't. And as I have already demonstrated, a presumption of innocence doesn't make sense in an environment like Path of Exile.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
SlixSC wrote:
And you don't know if he isn't. And as I have already demonstrated, a presumption of innocence doesn't make sense in an environment like Path of Exile.

So what you are saying is that everyone that doesnt stream that is good at racing is cheating?
"
renruB wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

So what you are saying is that everyone that doesnt stream that is good at racing is cheating?

No, are you dense? I already explained this in my previous post.
"
SlixSC wrote:

So let me strap on my helmet and floaties and see if I can grasp what you said. You used alot of big words. So what your are saying is that we shouldnt make forum posts calling ppl cheaters?
Do you want some real answers or just a place to vent ? If the former you should probably post this to reddit
"
renruB wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

So let me strap on my helmet and floaties and see if I can grasp what you said. You used alot of big words. So what your are saying is that we shouldnt make forum posts calling ppl cheaters?

No, what I'm saying is that in an environment like Path of Exile it is just as valid to presume someone's guilt as it is to presume someone's innocence.
"
renruB wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

All it takes is for someone to create a macro to download the CSV every time the race page updates and graph the results to show you that his EXP gains have been nothing but blue packs at a consistent rate.

That should be enough data to prove that he is hacking. A regular experienced racer should never have such even EXP gains. It will be full of spikes accounting for when they get packs and when they don't.

A maphacker's graph will always be even because of consistent EXP because they play the race as if it was fixed seed, and more recently with the ability to know where packs are, you can plot optimal routes to each pack without wasting time.

Are you telling me that a player with no prior experience is able to perfectly run every zone without missing the blue packs, avoiding the corrupted zones (for burst) and making it to the next before anyone else?

There is enough data to infer when someone is hacking because not even players who have been playing since 2011 know all the zone layouts.

Don't kid yourself.

I've selected some racers and gathered some data from exilestats. Blue colour in columns highlights the people who were mostly competing with villain in his main class for the selected race type (witch/templar for DC and vanilla, shadow for bursts).

Surely one can show out of nowhere and start beating people that have been racing for 4+ seasons. I mean that's how it works in real life too, right? Also notice the difference in winrate between his two accounts.

P.S. Didn't calculate avg level for Goratha because he has done 9762137 races this season and my eyes are bleeding already.

P.S.2 I mean 64% win rate in DC for the two classes that everyone plays and results are mostly dictated by density, SIXTY FOUR FUCKING PERCENT!!
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus

Posted by Chris on February 4, 2014 1:51 AM
"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"
Last edited by cwu on Jul 10, 2014, 2:06:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info