Spell echo LLD

If it is not too disruptive I think spell echo (new support gem) should have a required level of at least 28. Spell casters in low level dueling are at a huge disadvantage compared to melee and puncture. I think spell echo might be able to raise spell casters to be equal in tier if it had a level requirement of at least 28.
IGN: Beardedwizzard
yes I agree. Echo is the equivalent of Multistrike. We dont have faster casting so atleast echo sort of acts like it.

Last time we saw a picture of it though, it was lvl 31. We'll see if they change their mind.
IGN: @GreenDude
While I agree that spellcasters are underpowered compared to melee builds right now, I don't see Echo being available at 19 or 24. Obviously GGG designs gems for the purpose of PvE, and I would guess that they've found Echo to be too powerful for lower levels, even if there was a damage penalty placed on it. I guess we'll see, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
I would definitely agree on this point, though we'd have to wait and see further if +1 corruption on items suddenly became more accessible. That is THE main barrier for spellcasting at the moment though.

And please if it's allowed in LLD DO NOT LET ECHO WORK WITH TRAPS FOR GOD'S SAKE.
To put the effect into perspective, imagine puncture traps shooting twice. But ALSO having better access to clever construction.
"
I would definitely agree on this point, though we'd have to wait and see further if +1 corruption on items suddenly became more accessible. That is THE main barrier for spellcasting at the moment though.

And please if it's allowed in LLD DO NOT LET ECHO WORK WITH TRAPS FOR GOD'S SAKE.
To put the effect into perspective, imagine puncture traps shooting twice. But ALSO having better access to clever construction.

Puncture is not a spell.
IGN: Beardedwizzard
"
mrmagikboy wrote:
"

Puncture is not a spell.

Well but traps are spells...even if they're casting projectile attacks, right? Idk
"

The Echo Support Gem will only work if you hardcast spells yourself. :)
"
"
mrmagikboy wrote:
"

Puncture is not a spell.

Well but traps are spells...even if they're casting projectile attacks, right? Idk

Traps are spells if they're casting spells. Which is what I'm worried about.
Last edited by AleronDescends on Jun 27, 2014, 1:57:41 PM
Not all traps have the tag "spell" and are thus affected by things like spell dmg (Bear trap for example). So I'm almost certain that Puncture + trap won't work with Spell Echo.
I never said anything about puncture traps. I used it as an IDEA to put spell echo traps in perspective

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info