The Real True Behind PVP devlopment that nobody see (IMO)

this is by far, ONE OF THE MOST COMPLEX GAME ONLINE... that traduces for me in infinite fun but going straigh to the point this is NOT THE TIME FOR TOURNEYS....

This is How i see it:

They are anticipating what the POE universe will end up bringing up, and how everything will end up stacking, they're total mechanics, skills, etc, and even anticipating (Which might be really hard) Synergies between all the whole items around.

Just Imagine for a second the massive amount of ppl that will enter in pvp when tourneys represent an option to win something for the game... and the amount of crazy synergies and op shits that will get to see the light, put in top of that the constant creation of new game content that needs to be keep getting out of devs, cause the game (surely) is merely a portion of what they have in mind and paper for it.

In RESUME: If tourneys come live tommorrow they will HAVE to stop working on any new thing, cause every single new change to the game, (new item additions, skills, change in the tree) will give them surely an unbalance situation on the PVP enviroment (this will require time to analyze, foresee, planning for the code)... it will be a total chaos, tons and tons of players getting mad, tons of economy prices getting crazy... etc... etc... Simply beacause pvp is a lack in this kind of games nowdays... and if they make it official it will bring more attention that what they might be able to get up with it.

SO WHAT THEY´RE DOING AND ONLY FEW PPL GET IT is giving you all the tools to organize your events. Poearena.com have proven to be really on board. Players organizing unofficial things that will give a lil of anticipated data to the devs and will bring still some fun to themselves.

I can anticipate the next phase of pvp as, making duels with a bet mechanic, which willl let the player to actually gamble they're currency while they're test they're skills, this will end up enouraging even more ppl without making anything official, giving them more of the valuable data to balance PVP before official release, and then after a lot of the new content is out, and a plenty of ideas have been devlopped to ensure the fun of PVP (some kind of RULES, RESTRICTIONS, MODES, and the FUN FACTOR EXPLOTION (like pvp filters, "silver" league which only allows magic items to be used by players... RNG leagues when you have to create chars from scratch with few seconds to fight with it... PLANES SWAPPING like in the middle of a pvp encounter ppl press a switch somewhere and the instance randomize his affixes, ETC.)) They have all this kind of stuffs surely in mind, cause they're inspired by mtg, and tourneys full of many one-two-three shots circunstances it's not at all what they would like to PRONOUNCE for this great devlopped game.

And we have to mention the actual traffic that might require a change in they're servers (not totally sure about this one)

So For real all pvpers better start organizing indie tourneys and stuffs and wait for the game to end up his propper devlopment... THIS IS A DIFFERENT GAME... THIS ARE DIFFERENT DEVS,they care about the quality, likewise they're not a company that only see the numbers and will end up throwing official tourneys just to get a really high number of new players and end up stucking themselves and those players in a wild enviroment...
what you say does not makes sense.
1st they will never see what is broken and what is not until A LOT of ppl start pvping, and without tournaments this will never happen. so its like a dog trying to bite his own tail.
2nd every day there are less and less ppl playing, so they are waiting to release tournaments so the only 3 remain person playing this game can partecipate?
they just dont care and cant handle pvp cause they have no experience about it, thats it.
they just ruined what could have been one of the best games.
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
Okay i'm sorry I will use all caps on you guys:

THEY ARE NOT TOURNAMENTS. GGG WILL NOT RELEASE "TOURNAMENTS". STOP CALLING THEM TOURNAMENTS!

They are events where ppl queue up in town for half an hour or an hour and the game tracks your wins/losses and gives you a ranking (i dont know what formula they will use) and just like racing, you will have a live ladder and i suppose when you win you gain more points. At the end of the event, just like racing, you can win some kind of demi if your first and the rest of the ppl only get points towards their pvp season rewards just like racing. GGG will NEVER have an events page with organized tournaments because it would be a nightmare if 10k ppl started playing pvp when they do.

I had to rage for a second there because ppl are mistakenly thinking they are waiting for tournaments. You may find GGG's events fun, i know i will; but they arent going to be anything like a tournament. Some of you may even get mad about how unfair the events will be. They arnt meant to determine the best, but rather be fun and gain alt art gear.
IGN: @GreenDude
"
GreenDude wrote:

THEY ARE NOT TOURNAMENTS. GGG WILL NOT RELEASE "TOURNAMENTS". STOP CALLING THEM TOURNAMENTS!

They are events where ppl queue up in town for half an hour or an hour and the game tracks your wins/losses and gives you a ranking (i dont know what formula they will use) and just like racing, you will have a live ladder and i suppose when you win you gain more points. At the end of the event, just like racing, you can win some kind of demi if your first and the rest of the ppl only get points towards their pvp season rewards just like racing. GGG will NEVER have an events page with organized tournaments because it would be a nightmare if 10k ppl started playing pvp when they do.

I had to rage for a second there because ppl are mistakenly thinking they are waiting for tournaments. You may find GGG's events fun, i know i will; but they arent going to be anything like a tournament. Some of you may even get mad about how unfair the events will be. They arnt meant to determine the best, but rather be fun and gain alt art gear.

at last could be a very good thing for now to bring more ppl to pvp. but i doubt they will do anything like that
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
I've really been out of the actual in-game pvp but i've been passing from time to time by the forums, and well yes i saw some ppl complaining about the lack of dev's posts, but actually that can't be totally translated as they completely disappeared...

And well in the case of events i'm sure there will be many "modes" and no one will miss like the big tourneys ideas. Just for a mere comparison but i see a lot of ppl enjoying Hearthstone and it only has the "Period League" and the "constant Arena". So maybe a couple of good events will bee great and they will surely keep innovating, i myself have some ideas that could make a draft alike experience that fit perfect with this game, i'm sure they will do something like it.

PVP events will be enjoyable, they just need more time... Thx and sorry for my ignorance G. Dude!
"
GreenDude wrote:

sorry greendude you are wrong. Look in the pvp stats and it even says PvP tournaments start soon. Maybe they arent the same kind of tournaments poearena.com uses but the Devs have definitely called them tournaments in the past. They are suppose to be like "speed Chess" win as many games as you can the fastest and who even wins the most gets the most "points" and "alt art pieces of gear". The rest of what you have said is accurate though and I will enjoy the events and also I agree, the events aren't about who's best but more about brawling.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
1. There isn't ALOT of people that will pvp anymore. They drug their feet far too long.

2. They aren't waiting for the game to evolve anymore before they try to balance/introduce pvp. Thats asinine and would of been much easier to just do it as they implemented new crap.

3. You're wrong, you must of just started playing this game.

4. Everyone left that pvp's is ass.
IGN: LordAsutarosu
"
"
GreenDude wrote:

sorry greendude you are wrong. Look in the pvp stats and it even says PvP tournaments start soon. Maybe they arent the same kind of tournaments poearena.com uses but the Devs have definitely called them tournaments in the past. They are suppose to be like "speed Chess" win as many games as you can the fastest and who even wins the most gets the most "points" and "alt art pieces of gear". The rest of what you have said is accurate though and I will enjoy the events and also I agree, the events aren't about who's best but more about brawling.

Well we both agree about what the events rly are; just a bunch of random ppl queueing up and trying to get as much wins as fast as they can.
This by definition is NOT a tournament. If GGG used the term "Tournaments" then they are wrong themselves. They are events but not a tournament. You could literally just queue up into a bunch of level 24s who just want to try it and see what its like and in the mean time the best pvpers are facing off against good pvpers but you beat them all because you got newbs. It's a disgrace to call this type of event a tournament.

I am excited for these events too because alt art gear is awesome! But i just wanted to make sure no one is waiting for "tournaments" because you WILL be dissapointed.
Last edited by GreenDude on Jun 20, 2014, 10:04:14 PM
"
Last_Key wrote:
i see a lot of ppl enjoying Hearthstone and it only has the "Period League" and the "constant Arena".

Actually this sounds like a viable way to do it. They could have rankings like hearthstone that appear on your profile page. You can play matches whenever you want, and you can increase or decrease your ranking by winning or losing just like hearthstone. This could happen in a one week period (like a one week race) and during that week theres always ppl queueing up trying to get to the top rank for more points.

Great idea. I know for a fact that this is not how they planned to do their event but I think this is a good way to do it because having scheduled events like racing is going to be crowded.
"
VladDracul wrote:
1. There isn't ALOT of people that will pvp anymore. They drug their feet far too long.

2. They aren't waiting for the game to evolve anymore before they try to balance/introduce pvp. Thats asinine and would of been much easier to just do it as they implemented new crap.

3. You're wrong, you must of just started playing this game.

4. Everyone left that pvp's is ass.

i don't have much time just like a year and a half, i guess that's why i have more patience than a lot of guys who might be here since beta, but i'm pretty sure most ppl complaining around are pissed off cause they feel "ignored" rather than they recognize the pvp it is a failure. They gotta remenber just a month ago they were complaing a lot and they got answers, when the block gem entered in the game and RF was changed. Two proper actions that will be followed by more actions, they are pursuing they're concept properly, and that gonna require more time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info