Wager System

"
JoSo_UK wrote:
"
Bhaisabh wrote:
Great idea, but I feel like desynch is a pretty big deterrent to high stakes wagers :(

Not at all, it's rarely an issue.

This made me laugh. I don't know how much pvp you've been doing but some match-ups are desyncy as hell. Try going up against a knockback flasks cycloner while not wearing Cannot Be Knockedback Boots. Enjoy being teleported from one side of the arena to the other and then back.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Jun 28, 2014, 3:22:57 PM
"
GreenDude wrote:
"
JoSo_UK wrote:
"
Bhaisabh wrote:
Great idea, but I feel like desynch is a pretty big deterrent to high stakes wagers :(

Not at all, it's rarely an issue.

This made me laugh. I don't know how much pvp you've been doing but some match-ups are laggy as hell. Try going up against a knockback flasks cycloner while not wearing Cannot Be Knockedback Boots. Enjoy being teleported from one side of the arena to the other and then back.

Laggy =/= desync.
And of course there are things in this game that are affected by it.

I just get fed up of people bringing it up at every possible opportunity and using it as a reason against things. If you'd never played the game and simply read the forums you'd think the game was completely unplayable by the number of topics where desync is brought up as a major / game-breaking issue.
Wow i wrote laggy but i meant desync. You knew that cause i said you get teleported around. Now your just being silly.

And it does make a point: Sometimes desync plays such a big roll that it loses you a match. In tournament play, you play in a best of 5 as to avoid that. But in a wager, you'd lose your game and your bids.

Anyway your last reply makes me want to ignore your next posts. If your gonna use stuff like "laggy =/= desync" as a counter argument than this conversation isnt worth anyone's time. You have one LLDer in Ambush and you say stuff like "Not at all, it's rarely an issue."

How many games do you really have under your belt? I think you haven't faced enough match-ups to see what its like to lose to builds that cause heavy desync.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Jun 28, 2014, 8:29:30 PM
"
GreenDude wrote:
Wow i wrote laggy but i meant desync. You knew that cause i said you get teleported around. Now your just being silly.

And it does make a point: Sometimes desync plays such a big roll that it loses you a match. In tournament play, you play in a best of 5 as to avoid that. But in a wager, you'd lose your game and your bids.

Anyway your last reply makes me want to ignore your next posts. If your gonna use stuff like "laggy =/= desync" as a counter argument than this conversion isnt worth anyone's time. You have one LLDer in Ambush and you say stuff like "Not at all, it's rarely an issue."

How many games do you really have under your belt? I think you haven't faced enough match-ups to see what its like to lose to builds that cause heavy desync.

I wasn't using laggy =/= desync as a counter argument, I was simply stating the difference. I assumed you meant that too but many people don't and you know as well as I do that lag is a completely different issue.

Also notice that I acknowledged that it has an effect and then explained my reasoning behind my short and abrupt response to the initial point. I'm not trying to argue against your point that it has an effect.
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
This is awesome.

What happens in case of a disconnect by a user?
In the event of a player outage, the disconnecting player would be seen as defeated and would lose the items. This would prevent players from disconnecting themselves purely to save their items.

In the event of a server outage, it would be considered a draw and no items would change hands.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 28, 2014, 5:28:42 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
This is awesome.

In the event of a player outage, the disconnecting player would be seen as defeated and would lose the items. This would prevent players from disconnecting themselves purely to save their items.

In the event of a server outage, it would be considered a draw and no items would change hands.

Thanks for the answer, had something like that in mind. Will probably generate some unfortunate rage threads but at least it is less abusable this way, I agree.

+1 to the suggestion, it's an awesome addition for the PvP Community for sure.

@peoples discussing desync: lol, git gud.
People rage because of desync fights, wager system or not.
If you really have a problem with desync continously, you don't wager.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jun 29, 2014, 5:51:37 AM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
This is awesome.

Thanks for the answer, had something like that in mind. Will probably generate some unfortunate rage threads but at least it is less abusable this way, I agree.
Yeah, should probably add some kind of warning text to the Wager box, making it clear that disconnection during the fight will result in forfeiture, similar to the Act 2 bandit warning. Warning in the box means less player rage afterwards.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 30, 2014, 1:09:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info