Wager System

1. Every time you accept a duel or are about to start an Arena match, a Wager screen would pop up.
crude photoshop
Note that both players can immediately confirm to wager nothing, or one player can wager something and another player can wager nothing.

Upon confirmation, the wagered items would be held in escrow; when the match ends, the winner of the match receives both wagers.

2. A new set of chat channels would be introduced for PvP. (I don't think ! is used as a chat prefix, and is suitable for the PvP theme.) You could also include wager offers in this chat channel; for example, "WTW 60 Ex for 5L Shav's" might be an acceptable offer for an extremely high-stakes wager, and "WTW 1 Alch for 60 Wisdom" might be an acceptable offer for a low-stakes wager.

Note that this would offer players a chance to get items without following conventional trading schemes; instead of just passively accepting deals, they'd actually fight for their items.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 31, 2014, 4:16:42 PM
+1

I think a "wager" system like this would be a very cool addition to pvp, as long as the "wager" screen acted like escrow. It would probably also need a restriction like not allowing items to be removed from the wager screen without returning all items to all participants (or cancelling the match, or similar).

The chat channel would be a pretty nice icing on the cake. Even if a wager system didn't get implemented, it would be nice for players into PvP to have a place to congregate / look for challengers in-game.
http://www.twitch.tv/exhortatory
Last edited by exhortatory on May 31, 2014, 7:02:15 AM
"
exhortatory wrote:
I think a "wager" system like this would be a very cool addition to pvp, as long as the "wager" screen acted like escrow.
I meant that; I'll clarify the OP.

In terms of changing wagers, it would use the same system as the Trade window, which means any change would require re-confirmation from the other player before becoming final.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Love this idea. super well thought out
"
oakdale63 wrote:
Love this idea. super well thought out
Thanks. :) Also bump.
^
+1

+1

Great ideas!
This is awesome.

What happens in case of a disconnect by a user?
Great idea, but I feel like desynch is a pretty big deterrent to high stakes wagers :(
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

"
Bhaisabh wrote:
Great idea, but I feel like desynch is a pretty big deterrent to high stakes wagers :(

Not at all, it's rarely an issue. And a lot of it ca be minimised by play style.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info