s8 signature

Predicted they make this crappy race mode Signature but what else do you expect....

As long those people responsible for the raceshedule are there we will see 12 minute races becoming signatures....
The only thing they are good at is pissing players off.

"We aim for a RNG free Signature"

Season 9 Signature: Endless ledge

Season 10 Signature: 15 min burst.

s10 sig: first to town with first to hillock reward. Most class balanced and fair race Kappa
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
KoTao wrote:
Ive got doubts about a 45 minute anything being competitive, as theres just too little time to smooth out rng.

What's the breakpoint though? Is 60 min ok, but 45 min is not?
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
"
unsane wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:
Ive got doubts about a 45 minute anything being competitive, as theres just too little time to smooth out rng.

What's the breakpoint though? Is 60 min ok, but 45 min is not?

Its a sliding scale, where modes cross the dividing line between non competitive and competitive as the event length increases, with certain modes becoming competitive earlier than others due to differences in their skill:rng ratios.

A 30 minute fixed everything (zero rng) would be perfectly competitive, while blamt events arent going to be competitive at any time length. Everything else is somewhere inbetween.
IGN: KoTao
The only reason i did this race in the first place was cuz I wanted some race rewards but have little time to race, and this race gave large amount of points.

I'm also happy that the race is 45 minutes though, hopefully it means less of backtracking in halls 1 2 3 to make sure u killed every mob and makes progressing faster more significant.
"
jstq wrote:
s10 sig: first to town with first to hillock reward. Most class balanced and fair race Kappa

You are actually right.

1 min fixed seed signature!

I haven't been more disappointed in a GGG decision, and I've been playing since CB. It makes me worried that they have no clue what parts of the race system do and do not work well for competitive play. I'll be sitting this season out and hoping for a less terrible season 9.
"
solistus wrote:
I haven't been more disappointed in a GGG decision, and I've been playing since CB. It makes me worried that they have no clue what parts of the race system do and do not work well for competitive play. I'll be sitting this season out and hoping for a less terrible season 9.

Throughout all the racing seasons I've participated in I have very little to no complaints. I've always found racing very fun so its interesting how much negative feedback there always seems to be around here -- although this stuff happens for any sort of competitive environment. However one big thing I didn't enjoy was having Decent as a signature race way back when and now I have to agree with some of the other people that I'm very skeptical of a 40 minute DC race as this season's signature.

Signature races are very competitive because of the ability to one practice and two manage randomness/RNG. RNG is fine in races as long as there are ways to reduce the variance such as enough time, vendor recipes, fixed seed, etc. So far a 40 minute DC seems to be lacking both of these.

I've never played Decent Champions before so perhaps I'm wrong here. I hope I am. Maybe a 12 or 24 hour Decent Champs race will happen so I, and probably other racers, can catch up.
Last edited by Throzz on May 29, 2014, 3:44:12 AM
My biggest concern is how much shorter the race is.

I was personally pushing for a 45 minute or ideally 50 minute race.

As for the topics Throzz addressed, I agree 100%. DC is a different type of race, and while its not ideal in the classic sense, of what racing has been, as a test of those skills, it does have it's own skill set that can be practiced and perfected.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
Morsexier wrote:
As for the topics Throzz addressed, I agree 100%. DC is a different type of race, and while its not ideal in the classic sense, of what racing has been, as a test of those skills, it does have it's own skill set that can be practiced and perfected.

http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus

Posted by Chris on February 4, 2014 1:51 AM
"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info