Castle & Keep [PvP Game Mode]

I didn't grow up with MMO games, I played Diablo, half life and a few other FPshooters. Even I find the current PVP system dull and lifeless.
Need free guild/clan hosting?
Check us out at http://Es-Gamers.com
"
"
nice idea man. I like the objective based pvp modes that gives builds without dps a chance, then its not always about who is the richest player. But pianoking is right, so hard to get people to pvp since theres no incentive atm. They need to add pvp titles, ranks, or rewards and pvp would boom.

Some interaction from GGG with their players would be a huge step forward, it just seems to me that they don't care at all when it comes to pvp...
The fact that they stay silent on every post on the pvp feedback forum makes me feel this way.

I just have to agree to this, the lack of interaction from GGG and players is the reason why PvP is so stagnant. Things wont improve as long as they dont cross this line, we never get any response or comments from the devs and that's in every thread we do. I posted a shitton of threads with good informations and good replies from players, sent shitton of emails explaining a shitton of shit, never had any real comment or response from an actual dev. When you email them about PvP it always end by them replying with '' Thank you for sending us this precious information, we will forward this to the appropriate team'' You dont actually get an answer from the ''team''.

Everyone is talking about how the endgame content is bad in pvp, reason is simply because pvp is not optimized enough to attract players. I dont want to play this game to do maps 24/7 endgame and Watch my fucking gear in my inventory mouth wide open at how gg it is, i want to use it to kill and dominate in pvp. Take a look at diablo2, this game wouldnt have been so succesfull if it wasnt for pvp, people would actually keep playing for pvp once they beat the pve and it is jsut not happening in path of exile due to lack of extensivity and balancement in pvp.

We need more than just sarn arena, we need ladders, more areas, game modes and much more balancement, the glacial hammer nerf is just a concrete imagine at how GGG has limited knowledge at what they are doing when it comes to pvp because they do not talk to pvpers at all. Why the hell would you nerf glacial hammer, first of all no one uses it in high lvl pvp because it's bad compared to other attack skills, then you nerf it making it even worse no one will use it thats obvious now and last they nerf it without even caring at how it affects high end pvp. The only thing they had in mind was the little cutthroat event.

Look im sorry this post seems discouraging, but it is what it is, GGG please focus on pvp already, trust me that if you do this you will build a solid community and long term player base.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Apr 20, 2014, 9:25:44 PM
Its no secret that pvp is the motivation that keeps people playing games like this. The pvm keeps some but they never last as long as the devs would like to think they do. Their approach to balance is pretty uhm...lost 9 out of 10 attempts. We have Path of dagger 1hits atm in pvp, with 0 acknowledgement regarding this or the block gem balance. Their target audience is no lifer pvm'ers that jizz over consistent 6links and poverty pvm builds. No wonder we never see the balance pvp needs, when you have dudes taking 5000000000000 fucken hits to down a boss with Ethereal Knives for example on the pvm streamer side of things.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
The only time I've ever gotten a reply from them is when I've emailed Chris directly, asking about the progress of pvp tournaments. Messaging various GGG people through the site got no reply at all for any pvp subject (though they're quick to get back to us about bugs/mechanics/support...), ever. Maybe it would be a good idea for more people to do this, to remind them we exist.
Last edited by MrEnzyme on Apr 20, 2014, 10:42:54 PM
This mode didn't even work in Shooters.

I remember Wheel of Time had some tiny RPG elements and had a "Defend the Castle Mode"

In the end it was all reduced to one floor and Balefirespamming.
That's really disheartening to hear that the Devs ignore a whole section of the game that could potentially really be great...
Need free guild/clan hosting?
Check us out at http://Es-Gamers.com
"
MassAsster wrote:
That's really disheartening to hear that the Devs ignore a whole section of the game that could potentially really be great...

We all share the same feelings. Games still in infancy as far as im concerned, maybe we'll eventually get everything we've asked for. By then we're all likely to have moved onto other games though.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info