Client-server Action Synchronisation

And I was just teleported into the group of mobs when I am kiting, without any warning. No it's not my fault, I reacted well quickly enough.

This is real hardcore mechanics.
And I just realized why GGG says it's because of lightspeed.

I just noticed even my ping is 25ms (YES PING!!!), when I try to pick up an item, it takes a lot more than that, more like a very noticeable half a second.

So it all boils down to LOCATION OF SERVERS. Because GGG doesn't have the resources to put servers close to players worldwide, they have to disguise their ping with a "gateway" server, and actually come up with this "you-are-the-character" excuse so that you cannot see the half-second delay of click->action.

Now it makes sense. It's not because of lightspeed, but because of lightspeed having to travelling the entire distance of the entire planet.

...I guess GGG have done a great job hiding this fact and make the game smooth. But it doesn't take mean the whole desync is justifiable becuase, why don't you put a battle server across the globe to minimize ping, if ping is the ultimate reason?
Maybe GGG just doesn't play melee characters. I barely notice desync playing a bow build but when I play infernal blow melee splash I can desync by half a screen.
IGN: IgnitedWafflez
I saw a group of monsters, next scene I'm dead. How can you react to that?
Other games don't have desync and is smooth, just do the same and don't reinvent the wheel

the desync is killing my character literally

It just killed me again. I was running. Then I rubberbanded into the middle of a group of mobs and got TRAPPED.
"
Leeway wrote:
Maybe GGG just doesn't play melee characters.
They do. See molten strike BotW.
The only question is on what servers do they play it. It seems like on some dedicated servers + dedicated GW also. With no network delays, zero ping and on and on and on :)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
Leeway wrote:
Maybe GGG just doesn't play melee characters.
They do. See molten strike BotW.
The only question is on what servers do they play it. It seems like on some dedicated servers + dedicated GW also. With no network delays, zero ping and on and on and on :)

Probably..

This is so sad.. I love this game, but the desyncs has gotten to me :( I stopped playing because of them.. please fix GGG <3
Above content may contain traces of nonsense.

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
let me explain how it is working for some skills:
Cyclone:
0 ms your clicking on a monster on the top of you,your client is starting to animate a cyclone
50 ms your click was recieved by the server its out of recources to calculate anything so its just sending nothing back
100 ms your client is keping sending informations to the server which is ignoring those by gab of resources
1000 ms your realizing that you are not going to hit the monster
2000 ms your are realizing that your in trouble and your trying to leave the map
5000 ms after some tries to log out your getting a messege that your char is dead and you can start to play a softcore league if you want......

so guys its impossible to handle with the desync in this game, thats what chris was trying to tell us with hes post ;)
Check our recruitment thread if curious

Twitch: PoE_Vincam
You argument is bad and you should feel bad.

Digital Extremes, the guys behind Warframe, fully trust their players with client-sided calculations and gameplay. That's a hell of a lot better than anything you fools can say.

Natural Selection 2 has instantaneous response time and, based on my knowledge and experience, has some form of action prediction. Yes, there is rubberbanding, but it only occurs when the ping skyrockets for some reason, as do most online games. Otherwise, gameplay is smooth, consistent, and trustworthy.

I have never played any game in my life with such horrible network design. You should feel very, very ashamed for what you have done. You let your entire playerbase suffer for the sins of a small minority. The end did not remotely justify the means in any existing respect.

If this game was 20-25$, allowed offline, lag-free gameplay, and had no micro-transaction shop, then Path Of Exile would have utterly demolished Diablo 3. But guess what? It didn't. All because you failed to trust people.

Congratulations, Path Of Exile has just won most disappointing game of the decade. Thank you for continuing to prove how abysmal always-online gameplay will always be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info