Swords are now back to 97% block penetration, really GGG ?

"
pianokingx3 wrote:
I like the nodes on the tree but 100% is kind of over the top. Having it at capped 70-80% would be balanced

55% tree or gem...thats the only balance. I prefer gem, remove the tree nodes. Cut out the fat and let people sacrifice a gem and think about what they build instead of connecting the dots. I know im just that bias sword user guy that wants mai swordz 2 be opz!
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:
"
pianokingx3 wrote:
I like the nodes on the tree but 100% is kind of over the top. Having it at capped 70-80% would be balanced

55% tree or gem...thats the only balance. I prefer gem, remove the tree nodes. Cut out the fat and let people sacrifice a gem and think about what they build instead of connecting the dots. I know im just that bias sword user guy that wants mai swordz 2 be opz!

Max block + tempest + aegis builds are pretty stupid honestly. Similar to RF as melee's kill themselves. Yet, I dont hear the amount of QQ for block as I did for RF. Why is that?
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
"
pianokingx3 wrote:
"
MullaXul wrote:
"
pianokingx3 wrote:

Max block + tempest + aegis builds are pretty stupid honestly. Similar to RF as melee's kill themselves. Yet, I dont hear the amount of QQ for block as I did for RF. Why is that?

Oh I know, in the back of my mind anytime block and reduction are brought up. All I think about is Tempest shield and how fucking moronic it is. Add Aegis and Anvil to the mix and it gets hard to concider any option but mass block reduction. Gotta go with what I know is right though and hope they address the other issues in time. Gem or 55%...just how it should be if shit like Tempest was looked into.
"
pianokingx3 wrote:
80% block reduction of 75% capped max block is not balanced. It would bring a max block character to 15% block chance completely destroying the build.

"
MullaXul wrote:

what this man said.... remove passive nodes and keep the gem or nerf the gem and passive nodes to maximum 40-50% block reduction.

IGN: ___I_Fink_U_Freeky___

Last edited by Klimentiy on Apr 14, 2014, 4:37:42 AM
"
sherkhan wrote:
Such whining.

RT is one node that completely negates evasion. One node. And you're complaining about a gem + passive setup that kills your build.

I too have a legacy aegis max block build, but I think that mechanic makes PvP boring.

Stop bitching. Iterate.

100% agree
RT comes with a trade off. A pretty sizable one concidering how strong criticals are in this game. No one needs 100% block reduction, if you do...you're ass.
Nice lag today.. double posted
Last edited by MullaXul on Apr 14, 2014, 5:28:35 PM
When i think about it again it's so unrealistic, i hope they make changes or this just makes no sense. Imagine being able to go tru 100% someone's shield in real life with a sword, lol writing that doesnt even make sense in the first place. When someone is using a shield against you he should ALWAYS have a remaining chance to block against any attack or any spell, not only this destroys block builds but is super unrealistic and imba at the same time and it creates a bandwagon of builds because it's the most easiest and rewarding build that you can make, why the hell would a new player build something else than melee sword if with 3-4 nodes and a gem + a weapon he can kill half the builds out there at no drawback what so ever.

Everyone should be able to counter block builds on the same level as others and thats with the gem.

Comon grinding gear, its obvious. fix this bs
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Apr 16, 2014, 2:39:01 PM
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
When i think about it again it's so unrealistic,

So shooting blue pulses out of your hands or balls of fire or calling down lightning is realistic? xD
"
pianokingx3 wrote:
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
When i think about it again it's so unrealistic,

So shooting blue pulses out of your hands or balls of fire or calling down lightning is realistic? xD

Completely.

Also on a semi-related note, how RT is 1 node that destroys the concept of evasion (while dodge still works).

How about 1 mechanic that makes ALL of my nodes mean nothing? I.e criticals with huge multipliers. 1 hit is 1 hit, nothings going to change it. Not levels not gear not my tree and sure as fuck not my hp pool. We have a game here, that differs from the shitfest that is Diablo3. People remained here that like to think,theorycraft,diversify and min-max the most successful builds. While none of that number crunching, time on poebuilder,grinding means dick...because you're just going to die 1hit to a critical. Thats the problem around here, always has been and will likely remain this way til the entire pvp population moves on to other things. The market for games like this has targetted instant gratification,minimal effort, item showers (loot2.0) and stupidly inflated stats numbers. This game didn't target that demographic, though criticals with easily attainable and absurd multiplier does.

I don't even waste my time pvping anymore because its pointless aslong as I keep getting 1hit with my level of gear/hp pool.
Last edited by MullaXul on Apr 17, 2014, 7:41:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info