Please remove shrines in competitive races please.

"
Morsexier wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Um, if the signature race is a Fixed Seed this season, why would it matter? Apparently everyone would be getting the same shrines.

Not trying to detract from the point regarding non-Fixed races, but I feel the sigs are the one place it's kind of okay to leave them in.
I do not believe that is how it would work. The layout tiles are the same, but the monster spawns (which shrines seem to just be a particular type of spawn) are randomized.
Meh. Guess I don't really know. But if Shrines are fixed, then I don't see a problem. If they aren't fixed, then... well, you guys are the real racers here, I'll just defer to you. ;)
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 28, 2014, 2:38:39 AM
No shrines aren't fixed.

They are random as a rare or a blue pack.

"
Morsexier wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Um, if the signature race is a Fixed Seed this season, why would it matter? Apparently everyone would be getting the same shrines.

Not trying to detract from the point regarding non-Fixed races, but I feel the sigs are the one place it's kind of okay to leave them in.

I do not believe that is how it would work. The layout tiles are the same, but the monster spawns (which shrines seem to just be a particular type of spawn) are randomized.

Ya I mean if shrines weren't random like monsters then in the fixed races people would just keep going back to the same shrine to assist their farming lol
are they actually fixed? i guess i just got killed offscreen by nasty champ pack at hailrake... oh well
Last edited by Dahrak on Mar 28, 2014, 6:34:35 PM
Looks like shrines are fixed so I guess its legit.
"
Hilbert wrote:
No shrines aren't fixed.

They are random as a rare or a blue pack.

Gee, guess i can't argue with facts
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
anyone know if the corrupted zones are worth farming? theres one in sarn
My Invasion Scion with 75% cold almost got killed before they increased the trapping of the Neglected Cellar boss.

The answer is obviously a no.

Ok you also had a firestormshrine in upper prison?
Acceleration shrine right on the way to Tidal Island?
Ice Nova shrine just up from the entrance in The Riverways?
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
From my two races so far I honestly hope GGG reconsiders shrines in races.. They are extreme RNG carries in so many cases. It will allow better players to get further ahead or other players get to spots they normally wouldn't just by being insane lucky.. That is a bad call for races in my opinion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info