Fixed seed again

It would be somewhat interesting to see how accurate GGG's servers are at determining exactly when a progression based race would be finished. With the achievement tracking, we can see that they can see who comes 1st/2nd/3rd etc, and with the carrion queen bug deaths, we can see that they have some idea of how people have died. It seems to suggest that they would also have time stamps associated with those to make it easier to find when event x occured. If this time stamp could be changed specifically for race leagues to be exact to the second, progression based races, where the achievement is earned by killing Piety for example, should be feasible.

Or maybe all this is just baseless assumption and I'm wrong. It just feels the infrastructure is in place to at least try a progression based race, where new strategies would be found because of the act 3 questline progression being forced, on top of powerful new gems (aka searing bond) being available from those quests. My guess is that a good solo time to kill Piety would be in the 100 minute region? Dominus times would be higher, probably closer to 2 hours.

Progression would also have the added benefit of shaking up which class comes out on top overall, particularly in Act 3 progression. I am legitimately unsure which class would take 1st overall in this race- although it's basically 100% certain Shadow will be last.

In terms of points being more difficult to award, or the length of time being arbitrary- these could be solved by putting an upper time limit (say, 3 hours), and awarding points for boss kills a la Descent Champions. As an example, 2 points for Brutus, 2 points for Merveil, 2 points for Fidelitas, 2 points for Weaver, 2 points for Vaal, 2 points for Piety in Crema, 2 points for Piety in Lunaris, 2 points for Dominus would total 16 points for anyone who finishes the race (close enough to the 20 points possible for top level bracket/1st in class), and people who don't want to go through all that can still farm 4 points without that much trouble.
Last edited by Kheffin on Mar 25, 2014, 4:03:13 PM
The only use for this areas is to show your name for everyone if you are not #1 in the ladder. Same as entering broken bridge and fellshrine at 27 minute. Maybe this is interesting for chris?
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
As someone who is not a particularly good racer, I like them because it is easy to follow my improvements throughout the season, but I can see where they would be mindnumbingly boring to people who have raced for many seasons.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
I quit early last season because I was so bored of fixed seed, and now it is the signature again. And do they seriously think anyone will do the vaal zones? Honestly? ugh.
IGN: Hybris_the_StormHerald - Nemesis
Season 3 - #3 Marauder - #15 overall points
Season 4 - #2 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #9 overall points
Season 5 - #1 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #20 overall points
Don't worry, they'll give an extra +2 points per Vaal zone cleared, thus legitimizing their existence in races. /puke

And don't worry, they'll add an abundance of Descent Champions to offset the monotony of fixed seed.
Don't give them dumb ideas favouring maphackers even more in non fixed seed races.

Regular players are already getting banned for running Sarn with Quicksilverflasks to look for neglected cellar.

"
boof wrote:
Don't worry, they'll give an extra +2 points per Vaal zone cleared, thus legitimizing their existence in races. /puke

And don't worry, they'll add an abundance of Descent Champions to offset the monotony of fixed seed.

[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info