New zone layouts and why that's bad.

As some of you may have noticed some zone layouts were changed with this patch or had new templates added to them (most obvious in sins 3).

I think adding new zone layouts at this point in time is a really, really bad idea. Given the fact that seemingly nothing is being done about maphacking and zoomhacking, this just makes the game harder for legit players, who will have to learn new layouts and memorize all of them.... whereas maphackers couldn't care less about new layouts.

This to me seems like a problem, because it further incentivizes cheating in races.

Not only do new zone layouts inherently increase the risk of legit players getting lost in zones, they also make it that much easier for maphackers in terms of effort required to learn the game, given that they don't have to memorize these new layouts.

So all I'm asking is for GGG to not add more new layouts or replace layouts, until they have maphacking and zoomhacking under control.

#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Well Vaal Zones are the new gargabe cans.

i think so too
I think every race should be fixed seed with monster radar on the minimap as long as they insist on sending the entire map seed to the client.

Not kidding btw.
IGN: KoTao
"
KoTao wrote:
I think every race should be fixed seed with monster radar on the minimap as long as they insist on sending the entire map seed to the client.

Not kidding btw.

That seriously just defeats the purpose of racing. There would be literally no skill left in it.
This is why endless ledge is so good

/half sarcasm
Endless Ledge would be good if it contained most chests and the randomness wouldn't butcher your character in the 2nd or 3rd Zone.
As someone who has absolutely no interest in racing (and is therefore unaffected by hacks): I love that those new chunks were added. Makes those zones seem much more varied and encourage exploring much more.

Just saying. There's two sides to most things, and I for one love the added random factor. In fact, it's half the reason I play PoE over other ARPGs.
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
Every second wasted looking for exit costs you a second of docks farm :/ Sometimes I can spend 15 minutes in sins 3 looking where is this troll boss location entrance is.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
Avireyn wrote:
As someone who has absolutely no interest in racing (and is therefore unaffected by hacks): I love that those new chunks were added. Makes those zones seem much more varied and encourage exploring much more.

Just saying. There's two sides to most things, and I for one love the added random factor. In fact, it's half the reason I play PoE over other ARPGs.

I race a lot, far more than i play the regular game, and i nevertheless prefer more varied maps. If i wanted static content, i'd go play RPGs with static maps and static items and etc. Of course, i'd prefer if both were possible: varied maps, and no maphack advantage.

Note that you/non-racers are affected by maphack though, through the economy.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
Last edited by unsane on Mar 10, 2014, 11:54:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info