Suggestion: Have Two different Signature races per season

Just wanted to start a discussion on this. Not gonna lie, fixed seed is getting boring. Same repetitive maps, same strategy, I believe a lot of people start losing interest in the signature too at the half way mark and start playing again when it gets closer to the end of the season anyway.

I love the competition the signature race provides to the high end racers but, It would be awesome to divide the season in a first half and second half. After the first half is over introduce a new signature race type. It keeps things diverse, Gives people a chance to figure out new strategys and I'm sure it will keep a lot more racers interested.

TLDR: new sig at the half way mark of the season just to keep things more diverse.
Last edited by Rithz on Feb 2, 2014, 3:38:47 PM
Fixed is nice to help make it more equal against maphackers, though they still have other tools for more / bigger advantages.

I agree though, more race variants would be nice especially alternative play throughs. Tbh I think other races need fixed, like fixed descent champs. This would leave it up to the player even more what route to take to maximize XP / efficiency in clearing. All the backtracking is crucial time and maphackers just get further ahead.

Back on topic though, there was a post and a GGG member did say that most likely more variants would be coming up in the later seasons. Just gotta be patient. A lot of other races are giving out demigod's this season. Signature just holds the top 3 class records, maybe we could see that for other races as well.
i like the idea of two signatures per season.
+1 for more variety
Inb4 we get a second signature and its a rogue turbo ancestral ground effects endless ledge
IGN: KoTao
Yeah i like fixed seed though i understand why players might not like it.
But im happy GGG at least tried it this season.

As for double sig on a season, i kinda like the idea.
"
tagpt wrote:
Yeah i like fixed seed though i understand why players might not like it.
But im happy GGG at least tried it this season.

As for double sig on a season, i kinda like the idea.

Its a fun race but its to the point for me anyway that if I really wanted a spectral throw record I'd have to get 10% MS boots off the vendor, a quicksilver before brutus, and weapons that are better than the rustic whetstone recipe to really set the overall record, oh and also frequent blue packs!

Honestly if I don't get a quicksilver or MS by brutus I just don't even feel like continuing the race.

The race literally seems almost the same rng dependent as endless ledge is to me.
Last edited by Rithz on Feb 3, 2014, 3:04:49 AM
The issue why Sigs become boring is that there are way too many signature races.

I would prefer an open slot time trial version with an open time slot, where also the number of attempts counts.

After the mid of Season you need a race with following factors:
Ms boots+ 2h Weapon by Hillock.
2-3 QS Flask drops.
Shiversting/Limbsplit at Merv.
2 Alchs which result in good rolls.

I liked the shedule setup of Season 2 but it had too many "same event weekends" or promotion such as Fixed, Blamt....
In terms of variation this season is just horrible.

Bursts, EL, DC and Sigs everywhere.

A solo CT as sig would at last allow you to interact with the enviroment and you could just kick the same class players being higher than you grinding certain spots out.
With a small difference in level protection this would be an interesting race even without setting records.

"
Rithz wrote:
Its a fun race but its to the point for me anyway that if I really wanted a spectral throw record I'd have to get 10% MS boots off the vendor, a quicksilver before brutus, and weapons that are better than the rustic whetstone recipe to really set the overall record, oh and also frequent blue packs!

Honestly if I don't get a quicksilver or MS by brutus I just don't even feel like continuing the race.

The race literally seems almost the same rng dependent as endless ledge is to me.

I mentioned that itd come down to this when the ipd recipe came out:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/720722/page/1

Didnt see many agreeing with me at the time, but thats how its turned out. Ive stopped using alchs on rustics at this point since a 22-23 (or even 18 and 22-23) wicked weapon almost certainly wont break records unless i get perfect move item rng, which is rare as ever. Instead i hit good candidates with chances or alchs and just fall back to serrated weapons if i get junk rolls.

Anyway the problem with the current signature setup is that records are basically set from midseason on unless you get godly rng from start to finish. As long as GGG insists on rng being a major part of signatures, sigs would be better off as an always-open time attack league so players could restart junk runs and smooth out rng over multiple attempts. The current limited schedule allows very few players to do this.

The fixed seed part is fine under the current system, mitigating maphack as it does. I think it would cease to be necessary with a time attack format, though id personally prefer to see it stay until maphack is fixed.

Id also like to see a no-rng signature at some point (not holding my breath).
IGN: KoTao
No RNG sig means:
Only white max linked white socketed items.
No blue mobs
Fixed Map and Mob seed.

The only alternative would be max white links 20% quality only interesting max rolls, 5 QS flasks.

This would make a difference if you want Vaal kills in around 40 min or if they would be around 1h 30min.(I think that's pretty much the best time you can get with white items)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info