Now that the 1 Week Is over..

Can we get less laggy race servers that lose sync / freeze up for 2 secs then when it catches up kill you instantly. Multiple times now this has killed me without any chance, or I quit and rejoin with 7hp(endless ledge). Character stops moving, monsters keep walking in their last animation, teleport and dead. Awesome.
Last edited by terrex on Feb 1, 2014, 8:30:23 PM
"
terrex wrote:
Can we get less laggy race servers that lose sync / freeze up for 2 secs then when it catches up kill you instantly. Multiple times now this has killed me without any chance, or I quit and rejoin with 7hp(endless ledge). Character stops moving, monsters keep walking in their last animation, teleport and dead. Awesome.

That's exactly what happened to me almost every race before I decided to quit. I don't know why this happens so frequently.

I shared this theory before, but I think race servers are just poop compared to the normal servers.

I'm secretly happy that more people experience that level of desync, because at times I felt like I was the only one consistently having such severe desync problems (I'm talking lag spikes up to 1000 ms, where nothing happens on screen).

I don't know if it's location based, but I think you are like mexican or something so no chance it's location based.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
I get these issues too, and only on race servers. If i do a dry run on the hc server, everythings smooth with instant item pickups, minimal desync and responsive attacks. Switch to a live race and it takes several tries to pick items up or open chests, theres much more desync and teleporting monsters and my spectral throws do no damage to half the targets they pass through. I also get stuttering and 2-3 second freezes in town due to players zoning in en masse or just because there are 30+ people already present when i enter.

Perhaps this is because the hc server is an empty wasteland with the cpu/bandwidth capacity of a full league, while the race servers are underpowered virtual boxes that end up extremely overloaded during events? I recall very similar past experiences in trash tier $1/slot public fps servers; the difference between them and a dedicated match server was night and day.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Feb 2, 2014, 12:01:26 AM
"
KoTao wrote:
I get these issues too, and only on race servers. If i do a dry run on the hc server, everythings smooth with instant item pickups, minimal desync and responsive attacks. Switch to a live race and it takes several tries to pick items up or open chests, theres much more desync and teleporting monsters and my spectral throws do no damage to half the targets they pass through. I also get stuttering and 2-3 second freezes in town due to players zoning in en masse or just because there are 30+ people already present when i enter.

Perhaps this is because the hc server is an empty wasteland with the cpu/bandwidth capacity of a full league, while the race servers are underpowered virtual boxes that end up extremely overloaded during events? I recall very similar past experiences in trash tier $1/slot public fps servers; the difference between them and a dedicated match server was night and day.

Pretty much. It honestly feels good to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this (I mean I complained about this alot in the past, in event threads, etc..). But I know for a fact that not everyone is experiencing the same level of lag, because when I watch some streams their game seems rather smooth compared to what "we" experience in races.

I also did some dry runs on hardcore and experienced no lag whatsoever, absolutely no lag/desync problems at all, but in actual races shit just went wild, items and chest took several seconds to open/pick up, attacks would constantly miss, mobs would desync constantly (I'm talking 2-3 times every 10 seconds).

It really made the game almost unplayable for me and like I said I think it's the race servers, but that doesn't explain why some people are barely affected by this, whereas others can't even play the game at all.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/766113/page/2

This, I think, is the race after which I decided it wasn't worth my time to keep racing, it was really just too much. Desync wasn't nearly as bad in s3, s4 or s5 for me as it was this season. Just read my post and you will know exactly what I mean.

I mean I remember the turbo signature races in season 4 and I almost never experienced desync in those races, but in the races I did in season 6 the desync was just absolutely insane(like I said up to 1000 ms lagspikes, monsters teleport every 5 seconds, /oos doesn't really do anything, all that jazz)
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Feb 2, 2014, 12:27:45 AM
"
SlixSC wrote:
I don't know if it's location based, but I think you are like mexican or something so no chance it's location based.

Canadian... :O

The lag I get in races is unheard of in maps / normal leagues. The one where you cant control your character is the absolute worst. You have only a couple options, logout instantly to prevent dying to desync and then lose your progress on say your quest route. Or wait for the server to catch back up and you will probably die from the enemies hitting you the entire time.
Last edited by terrex on Feb 2, 2014, 10:20:22 AM
So was the One Week really the reason I experienced horrible lag and desync over the last week ?
"
MajorMudfish wrote:
So was the One Week really the reason I experienced horrible lag and desync over the last week ?

We can only hope.. :D
Same problem here

Till now it was mostly turbo Brutus who killt me.

But last week it Brutus jumpt with me through his quarter.

And if i jump through the first two caves i see nothing and then the resurrect
button.

I think they have extremly problems with servers.

So i only make non turbo races and go slower so i die only with extrem desyncs.

Seems to be the issue for quiet some time now especially since the descent race it got really bad.

For those not knowing how it looks like.
Basically like that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfVorH4cpRg&feature=youtu.be

The server freezes for several seconds then catches up and you die or are almost dead.

In a Sig Race the Ripmessages were on par with a Blamt race.

Server freezes followed by:
2014/02/02 22:40:33 32089234 1e0 [INFO Client 206300] *: SpectralBoringThrow (Level 16) has died at position 36 on the ladder.
2014/02/02 22:41:04 32120293 1e0 [INFO Client 206300] *: azerzezezrz (Level 16) has died at position 24 on the ladder.
2014/02/02 22:41:08 32124365 1e0 [INFO Client 206300] *: CpT_TwitchTv_Angormus (Level 16) has died at position 29 on the ladder.
014/02/02 22:41:32 32148124 1e0 [INFO Client 206300] *: erererearearear (Level 16) has died at position 45 on the ladder.

Server freezes again:
2014/02/02 22:55:41 32997159 1e0 [INFO Client 206300] *: ddqwdqdwqdwqdqd (Level 19) has died at position 48 on the ladder.
2014/02/02 22:55:55 33011231 1e0 [INFO Client 206300] *: HybrisRithzCobalt (Level 21) has died at position 3 on the ladder.

And again:

2014/02/02 22:58:13 33148933 1e0 [INFO Client 206300] *: OmahaOmahaOmahaOmaha (Level 21) has died at position 9 on the ladder.
2014/02/02 22:58:44 33180507 1e0 [INFO Client 206300] *: DeeR_ForCe_ (Level 20) has died at position 19 on the ladder.

There were far more ripmessages but it was a normal race!

I am at the moment switching between server or abandon the race for good if the issues persist.

I suspect that due the decreasing amount of servers there are less and less servers available and the ones used are filled so they got this issues.

For example when I do Sarnruns and open instance the instance manager mentions Server: America, Singapore, Phillipines for no reason.

In Europe I connect to the dutch 37.58.89.?? and to 159.253.137.?? servers but sometimes in soloraces even without switching the server I end up on a 173.192.12.?? server.
So why does this happen. Party races sure not a big deal. But solo races when I am on Europe?

I know I played on US after a Descent Champion Race was so broken on EU Servers that I was forces to play extremly slow and switch on Inner Halls 2, when even Stormy Ledge and Diabolic Crypt already got me killed due freezes. But now US got the same issues.

The freezes are exactly the same as in D3 at launch, so I suspect GGG reduced the total amount of servers and now we all play on really few servers which are at their limit.

Unwanted doublepost delete it.
Last edited by Hilbert on Feb 3, 2014, 9:20:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info