race schedule for season 7

There was no EL or Descent/Champions in season 2. Many people started racing when those were added. A ton of vanilla 1hr/2hr races is boring, and I wouldn't play them. Since we have no other way to play endless ledge or champions, it's a bit different.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Last edited by reboticon on Jan 28, 2014, 5:11:43 PM
"
reboticon wrote:
There was no EL or Descent/Champions in season 2. Many people started racing when those were added. A ton of vanilla 1hr/2hr races is boring, and I wouldn't play them. Since we have no other way to play endless ledge or champions, it's a bit different.

Lol your opinion does not represent the majority of the racers community. There's no other way to play Blamt, fixed seed, lethal, immolation, ancestral, and hybrid mod races either but they were introduced in season 2.

Yes Endless Ledge, descent races are more popular but no one knew wtf they were back then and people that wanted to race did race until people burnt out.
"
Rithz wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:

Lol your opinion does not represent the majority of the racers community. There's no other way to play Blamt, fixed seed, lethal, immolation, ancestral, and hybrid mod races either but they were introduced in season 2.

Yes Endless Ledge, descent races are more popular but no one knew wtf they were back then and people that wanted to race did race until people burnt out.

No, but my opinion represents the majority of the people who race "casually" and those are the people making up the extreme difference in numbers between season 2 and now. I'm saying that is the reason for number differences in participation between season 2 and now.

Look at the facts you gave. 100 minute seed race = 1300 players. EL race = 3,000 players. The difference is race "casuals" not 1700 hardcore racers that came out of the woodwork, yeah?
My wishes:

-evening races for EU
-disregard ongoing 1 week races, don't schedule less races because of them
-make sure that there are races for each timezone on sunday evenings.
"
Rithz wrote:
I'm not defending anyone or anything but race participation was at an all time low for a lot of races during season 2.

It's normal for overall partipation to go down season to season, after introducing something very new/exciting (s1 = races, s3 = descent, s5 = release). Also natural that race participation appeared to be "at an all time low", given that there were 2.4x more races. Individual races had less participation because players were more spread out.

A better comparison would be total number of racers. Since only GGG have that info, the best we can measure from is total number of accounts gaining points:

s1 109 18370 Open beta
s2 260 13835 Massive schedule introduced
s3 161 22330 Descent introduced
s4 163 12690 Endless Ledge introduced
s5 173 65558 Release; Descent: Champions
s6 177 27500 half-season estimated, based on s5 having 83% of final participation at the midpoint

"
Rithz wrote:
- First race in season 2 had 1300 characters made
- Random Middle races I chose had roughly 200~300 characters made
- Today's last race's Endless ledge had 3000. Normal Fixed seed race has 1300. I expect

You can't compare s2 with post-release much imo. Very different environment.

"
Rithz wrote:
Granted there has been more popularity since release but that sudden drop from 1300 to 200 shows a lot more than just "few" people were annoyed.

See above stats, overall seasonal participation was only mildly down.

Note that the stats above only say so much, many important stats are hidden. E.g., avg hours raced per account.

"
Rithz wrote:
Now there are a lot more people playing the game now. I hope they do try that experiment again by adding a shit ton of races

Agreed. I coincidentally took season 2 off to avoid burning out by playing back to back to back seasons forevermore. I'd love to see a large schedule so no one can complain there are no races in their timezone.

Edit: God fucking damnit son of a bitch why you eat my monster post, forum software? Edited a rough version of the 2nd half back in. Don't use square fucking brackets, it will eat the rest of the post with no warning.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
Last edited by unsane on Feb 2, 2014, 11:14:02 AM
"
Look at the facts you gave. 100 minute seed race = 1300 players. EL race = 3,000 players. The difference is race "casuals" not 1700 hardcore racers that came out of the woodwork, yeah?

You can hardly compare them

Descent and EL have way higher rip rates than the regular races.
In the 12h EL I died like 4 times in within 2-4th area because nasty mobs doing elemental damage or shield charge desync.

DC got 3 nasty areas at the beginning doing them slow instead of Skipping is also a big mistake, which might kill you.

"
s2 260 13835 Massive schedule introduced
s3 161 22330 Descent introduced
s4 163 12690 Endless Ledge introduced

There wasn't a single challenge league and Standard/HC became wastelands.
Season 4 shows the same devolopment after Anarchy and Onslaught died.

"
s5 173 65558 Release; Descent: Champions
s6 177 27500 half-season estimated, based on s5 having 83% of final participation at the midpoint

Release and many 135 PT rerollers.

"
Agreed. I coincidentally took season 2 off to avoid burning out by playing back to back to back seasons forevermore. I'd love to see a large schedule so no one can complain there are no races in their timezone.

Yeah I liked the S2 shedule but I wished it would add more variance.
The creativity would result in something like 1h EL followed by 2h EL by 3h EL.

For example The NPMP Race is really interesting but I had no luck and died at some point.
There isn't another one with the same setting.

But if I fail in a Sig, EL, Burst, DC or a regular no Mod race-->IDC there are so many of them.

I want to value many different race modes.

I liked Solo CTs but there were only like 2-3 solo CTs in the entire lifetime of the game.
All other CTs were party gangbanging wp camping CT.

bump...
I see races like non-stop events with short brakes, with only best result counts after some amount of events you participate.

So for example, if I got one bad sig race where I got to lvl 25 and got 10 pts. And one good where I got to lvl 30 and did crab, fairgraves and den for total 19 pts. And max possible amount is for example 30 (10+10+5x combination of first to kill or full clear rewards. Theoretically it is possible). So in my profile I got results for this 2 sig races - 10/30 = 33.33% and 19/30 = 63.33%. Average is 48.33%. And then I did third race where i got 15 pts, so lowest result will be overwritten - 15/30 = 50%. Now I got 50+63.33% signature results to form average of 56.67%.
Then similarly I did two el races and got 5 and 12 pts. Max pts is 20, so i got 25% and 60% results. Average is 42.5%. Then I did third race where I got insane rng and got 17 pts. Lowest result will be overwritten with new 17/20 = 85%, and average will be (60+85)/2 = 72.5%

This two best results can be extend to ten, and if there is for example 10 different types of races, you need to do 10 different races 10 times to fill all fields, and then all your next races will be only replacing lowest result you got for this race.

Overall rating is simple average value through all races. UPD: much better if overall value is calculated as average for your best 5 race types. Perfect overall is 100%. You get 1000 pts reward for reaching 70..80% on average. After you get that 70 or 80% average and received your ultimate season reward, you get some alt art item for every extra 2%, and you get second ultimate when reach 90..100% average.

Example of this ranking
Spoiler

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmgpyRvzaxdmdEJGaDNraWl6WnVrMUVFOExaenFxZXc&usp=sharing

This system allows:
1) play races at any time you want to play them
2) ability to train - you doesn't forced to do your best every race like now if you want points, you can try something new after you reach some point, which for your favorite race will happen soon (races will be non-stop with short 10-15 min brakes)
3) devs can even do multiple races at same time - some one wants to play 3 hour party, they will play it. Some one wants to play bursts at the same time - he is free to do this.
4) imo, more skill-related rankings. Now me for example got lots of points but i am total noob. With this rankings i will at bottom of ladder where I deserve to be :D And some people who much more skilled but don't have much time now they are lower in ladder, but they will be at the top.
Im done
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Last edited by jstq on Feb 4, 2014, 11:46:42 AM
gz with another dumbster season schedule
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Last edited by jstq on Mar 26, 2014, 12:27:37 AM
I predict race participation will decrease dramatically as all the rewards sans the 1,000 point one are dumpster level and can not be removed for 4 weeks into next league.
What do you expect if the same 2 highly talented devs are responsible for the shedule.

You receive only the best shedule you could imagine.

Al Bundy:"This is so false"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info