Please help me in PvP. Im desperate

"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
Thats one ugly tree. Some of your links are a massive wtf. No offense, but you are proof of the fact having a million exalts doesn't automatically mean you are the best at the game.

dont pay attention to tha gear linked in the OP. I'm not even using LS in pvp right now, it was just linked at a wrong time
The way I link my gem is ugly, but that's what I got to work with, considering:
1/ I can't change the color on my weapon and shield
2/ I need blood magic on 1 piece to run an aura, people in pvp don't let me swap malachai. I chose gloves and the 4th link on gloves kinda lost because I Can't run a 2nd aura on BM. I guess I can try break the 4L and have a free slot for blood rage. It won't be any less ugly though
3/ I need to dedicate a whole slot for CWDT defensive skills. Rainbow got 3R 1B and I link Crit weakness/enduring cry/immortal call with CWDT there. Again, the gear in the OP might not reflect this fact.
4/ I don't even have a piece left for 2nd attack because helm is reserved for utility like totem, self cast curse and fire storm to break trap.
Although its ugly, please dont say that I'm stupid or relying on money to win. Please keep in mind that I mirrored my stuff long before taking part in pvp and the colors were chosen to match my pve needs.
"

Respec to this, more block and ES. A bit less dex, but thats ok, you have tons of accuracy. The str loss - make up from gear, you are rich. If you even need it for gems (Str with LS = useless, dont take iron grip)

Use Chayula or SOL where necessary

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABAcFfQW1BfkG6QkhDkgPxBB7ES8RUBGWFVAV8Ba_GjIa2xuXG60dFB4aHoEfAiT9J2EnqSgqKMUrCi0fMFQ2xTt8O-E94kcGSO5LjUw1TGBMs1FgVupW9VqmXvptGXBScFZwfXiue9d943_Gh9uIQo9Gj_qQG5fQmVeZmpoTmyado6Kjo4qmf6cIpyuplbGztMW1SLb3t9O4yrk-u9a-OsBRwQDBxcHzwuzDbc3q037VANfL2CTaPdsa227b1Nvn3Mfe9uL344TnVOjW62PsGO1B877z6vVL-WP60vyr_xz_kw==

Forget ghost reaver, sin trek / bloodless >>>

I did look at that tree before you posted it, but note the lack of US. Sacrificing amulet slot is easier said than done. With my limited investment in offensive nodes, my amulet weighs as much as 30% of my total damage now. Which means I do 50% more damage with it than without it. I do gain a lil more es and block this way but lose a massive a mount of dps.
"
Your fire and cold resists aren't even capped, let alone slightly overcapped

Your links on LS are hilarious, you are destroying the point of having a crit build with multistrike and lmp and mpd. MPD = lost on projectiles, just paper dps. You lose out on the physical and ele dmg like that, since the ele dmg is all converted, and hence shocks burn freeze etc = less chance to do so. Multistrike and lmp = bye bye damage per hit. They reduce your real damage to ~1/3, no joke. 3 projectiles are enough for pvp, and you cant shotgun with LS, its not a spell. You could keep multistrike and LMP if you want, since you do what you want after all, but FA and WED combo give much more dps anyway.

Multistrike --> WED
LMP --> FA
MPD --> Projectile physical damage

You aint running discipline? This isnt pvm, you need as much life / es as possible. I think auras priority should be disc - grace - hatred. Grace is really fantastic vs critters (lol ppl that crit ofc, sounds funny ^^). Haste is nice too, and anger and wrath scale crazy well with this build, but I dont think they would fit.

Right now I'm running discipline on BM, Hatred and tempest shield on mana. The gear linked is outdated. LS is absolutely horrible for pvp, I was just derping around with it playing CTF for a bit.
I can try using grace instead of hatred but the damage penalty in pvp is too severe. I think damage effectiveness in there is only 25%. To demonstrate:
I have about 48k damage per hit with flicker. Not many people have 48k damage per hit with flicker. You can see the guy in this link has 45k with a glass canon build running RF to snapshot the damage http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/733257. I can have 48k while having max block. All of this is to say that its an extraordinary number. But what can I do with it?
I can 1 shot people with less than 6k life/ES. But who good at pvp has 6k life or es and no defensive curse? When google used enfeeble on me, I can maybe 2 shot him with flicker and it only takes me about 5,6 tries to land a shot while he's hot on my tail and warding flasks run out in 2 games. I killed him a couple times but I was severely the underdog in all the matches. Someone having 10k life with Koam using RF makes the hit and run flicker strategy look like a joke as well. I'll never be able to wear them down with flicker because each shot take like 40% of ther health but their RF is so damn strong that I almost kill myself everytime I flicker. Once I whirl out and they flick on me, game over. Is it supposed to be the balance we need? I don't think so.
This is what I have for pvp right now
Spoiler

I have 10+ more flasks with evasion, heat, grounding, etc... but you get the picture.
I can easily cap cold res when I face cold caster by replacing a ring with dream fragment. I can also divine my glove to max fire res, but my resistances are not that bad and certainly not the reason I lose so horribly.
so keypoints:
I've already tried to squeeze a semi-optimal link setup out of my gear set which have 2 fixed color piece
I need US because the damage penalty on using Eye is too big for me. 65% crit multiplier = 4 nodes, 22% es = 3 nodes, 35% crit chance = 2 nodes, 384 accuracy = 2 nodes, flat phys damage = maybe 3 nodes. The witch-templar route offers too little to compensate this.
I'm not the only one with big investment on gear who thinks that pvp need some major overhaul.
Standard IGN: WTFNamesAllTaken.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.
Last edited by Bumblebutt on Jan 22, 2014, 10:35:07 AM
When you have grace on and pop jade flask, with acrobatics too, and a shield, other non RT builds can suck it

US detroys this, so its up to you

I need US because the damage penalty on using Eye is too big for me. 65% crit multiplier = 4 nodes, 22% es = 3 nodes, 35% crit chance = 2 nodes, 384 accuracy = 2 nodes, flat phys damage = maybe 3 nodes. The witch-templar route offers too little to compensate this. --> The only thing that really matters here is the crit multi, the %es can be done with since i improved your tree, you have tons of accurracy on other gear, flat phys dmg is no biggie with thgat insane dagger (compare the x-x on amu to the one on dagger, its what %??) , and 35cc is really not that much. But sometimes sacrifices gotta be made, remember you have something like 600 crit multi at the very least, still. Shit should melt. What were you using as main attack if not LS? Flicker does CRAZY dmg when it connects and crits, you were having no success at all?

I didnt mean to call you dumb or rmter at all, really
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Jan 22, 2014, 10:59:41 AM
acrobatic = 50% less es. My es would be 3500 if I take acrobatic
The biggest challenge I face is vs max block RT sword builds. Actually they're about the strongest of melee builds out there so evasion doesn't get to play here.
By picking apart individual rolls of my amulet, you can make it sound like a trivial sacrifice. 50% more damage is not an exaggeration. To beat a 30% decrease in damage, one must, in theory, acquire a 50% increase in defense which your tree doesn't provide. It has
12% more spell block
1100 more ES with my gear
I currently have 7100 ES so thats about 18% increase defense for me.
30% less damage for 18% defense? You can hardly make a case here.
Although my damage is huge, you must not forget my skill of choice which is flicker. It's not a sustainable attack so I need as much damage as I can squeeze out to make it worth every strike. When you have to fight end game trappers, everytime you strike is a chance to have yourself killed. You don't want to leave them running with 30% life left. With my damage I can barely kill mediocre trappers, let alone better ones.
Why flicker? Because my build is not made for tanking. No evasion/armor on gear and I have to spend a lot of travel points for key nodes like unwavering stance. You can see that I've spent a minimal amount of points into offense, yet my defense is still not up to par.
EDIT: in theory, 48k damage per flicker should 1 shot anyone and everyone. But I've found the damage effectiveness in pvp is only about 25%, so my flicker does about 12k damage, 6k5 Phys, 5k5 ele damage. Ele damage can be severely reduced via resistance. So for a well gear character, I can do about 6k damage with crit per flick. If they have more, they won't die. if they have defensive curse, they won't die. If desync happens which it does all the time, most of the time I'll die. If they're marauder, that number comes down to about 4000 life per flicker because of 2 reduced crit damage nodes.
Granted, I've not yet fought a non sword, block build with double strike, aka tanking build to test if I can overpower them with my superior damage. However, flicker does seem to have its major advantage, especially now that 4 out of 5 people in pvp are either sword wielder, trappers or RFer.
"
No offense, but you are proof of the fact having a million exalts doesn't automatically mean you are the best at the game.

I'm not gonna complain. Because my stats are one of the best out there in PvE, for which my gear originally designed for. I can have a massive amount of defense vs bosses and crazy damage to burst them down in seconds.
Although 1 might argue that I may need different gear for pvp, but how much difference can there be? I stacked resist, es, damage, crit, attack speed, and accuracy as much as I could so I can't really improve it even if I want to. By improving I mean staying at low life crit dagger and have better results. When GGG advertised their PvP system, its is only natural to think that they'd attempt to balance the game around PvP, is it not? But what have they done? I'm still waiting to find out.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.
Last edited by Bumblebutt on Jan 22, 2014, 11:37:40 AM
"
Bumblebutt wrote:
acrobatic = 50% less es. My es would be 3500 if I take acrobatic
The biggest challenge I face is vs max block RT sword builds. Actually they're about the strongest of melee builds out there so evasion doesn't get to play here.
By picking apart individual rolls of my amulet, you can make it sound like a trivial sacrifice. 50% more damage is not an exaggeration. To beat a 30% decrease in damage, one must, in theory, acquire a 50% increase in defense which your tree doesn't provide. It has
12% more spell block
1100 more ES with my gear
I currently have 7100 ES so thats about 18% increase defense for me.
30% less damage for 18% defense? You can hardly make a case here.
Although my damage is huge, you must not forget my skill of choice which is flicker. It's not a sustainable attack so I need as much damage as I can squeeze out to make it worth every strike. When you have to fight end game trappers, everytime you strike is a chance to have yourself killed. You don't want to leave them running with 30% life left. With my damage I can barely kill mediocre trappers, let alone better ones.
Why flicker? Because my build is not made for tanking. No evasion/armor on gear and I have to spend a lot of travel points for key nodes like unwavering stance. You can see that I've spent a minimal amount of points into offense, yet my defense is still not up to par.
EDIT: in theory, 48k damage per flicker should 1 shot anyone and everyone. But I've found the damage effectiveness in pvp is only about 25%, so my flicker does about 12k damage, 6k5 Phys, 5k5 ele damage. Ele damage can be severely reduced via resistance. So for a well gear character, I can do about 6k damage with crit per flick. If they have more, they won't die. if they have defensive curse, they won't die. If desync happens which it does all the time, most of the time I'll die. If they're marauder, that number comes down to about 4000 life per flicker because of 2 reduced crit damage nodes.
Granted, I've not yet fought a non sword, block build with double strike, aka tanking build to test if I can overpower them with my superior damage. However, flicker does seem to have its major advantage, especially now that 4 out of 5 people in pvp are either sword wielder, trappers or RFer.
"
No offense, but you are proof of the fact having a million exalts doesn't automatically mean you are the best at the game.

I'm not gonna complain. Because my stats are one of the best out there in PvE, for which my gear originally designed for. I can have a massive amount of defense vs bosses and crazy damage to burst them down in seconds.
Although 1 might argue that I may need different gear for pvp, but how much difference can there be? I stacked resist, es, damage, crit, attack speed, and accuracy as much as I could so I can't really improve it even if I want to. By improving I mean staying at low life crit dagger and have better results. When GGG advertised their PvP system, its is only natural to think that they'd attempt to balance the game around PvP, is it not? But what have they done? I'm still waiting to find out.

oh yeah acro not on your build ofc, i meant in general

you arent getting 50% more dmg from that amu, what are you talking about? i read what you wrote, you lose 30% ... i find it hard to believe, could be the accuracy tho. and forget abt screen dps, a flicker crit is a flicker crit. make sure you have the right links on flicker. Flicker - MS - mpd - mdofl - added fire - crit multi + hatred aura ... you need the last 3 very much because of retarded fucking Immortal call and gay cwdt. If you cant recolor your links, well then thats a crutch and you are stuck from making any progress.

plus that amu is a rare, you might have never gotten those stats in the first place.

SOL will give you way more gains than you lose vs spellcasters, and if you dont wanna use chayula, then yeah go US if you dont have issues vs non-RT builds.

RT max block users will be difficult always because they always hit and you dont, compounded by the fact they have block fucking with your hit chance even more and you cant reduce it because of dagger, not sword. You pray for a lucky crit and thats it lol, really. Or cheese with traps mines ek molten etc

Thats flicker strike for you, a pvm build doesnt always adapt well to pvp
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Jan 22, 2014, 11:53:23 AM
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYB_5MeGjBUmVcoKrVIsbPtQaZ_h9sWv_PqcFJw1cBR44TrY5matvcRL2ND8uHC7EcGX2oegUuN_xy0xSsKwQDbGhB79Uu-OpfQVvW5PttufeMOSBGWf8aio3C7naP8q1bqBX0PxNzHO3xaprjK2RMvb8HFiEJ-Waxm2HYs4Y6KkBtwVpoT29Re-o_6e9cFtY2_UUczDP4rGdX_3j7Pveb5YxrbTGAk_edU1QAEsZVm18u30z3iSO4bre4OVvr8xbcXOJbdDVuvTioppRjbdPEhYECg704otWCIYVJWBIZgOlI26AHnzerrFJ_L

i dnno much bout end game pvp
maybe this is more suited for pve
but this is the tree i came up with zz
-Official creator of the Low Level PvP Thread
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/261543
-Unofficial Path of Exile PvP site
Temporary: http://z13.invisionfree.com/poepvp/index.php?act=idx
Official: http://www.poepvp.dwpu.net/poepvp.html (Not completed)
"
Bumblebutt wrote:
EDIT: in theory, 48k damage per flicker should 1 shot anyone and everyone.

Wanted to post again to tell you: FUCK screen dps. The per hit dmg on the tooltip is amalgamate of various things, and an avergae ... its not real raw dmg. You are capable of doing more than that in *raw physical* dmg alone on a crit, with that gear and tree. You should be close to 60k physical and 45k ele fire / cold on a max roll crit. What links do you have right now? Flicker - crit multi - mpd - melee on full life - added fire and multistrike?

Anyway, another option for you. Respec to CI and get ES chest and helm, IR and leech are useless in pvp btw. This tree gets you 1-3k more es depending on what helm and chest you invest in. Also take mind drinker node. You get 100% more crit damage from the extra crit multi.

Run discipline with reduced mana, can also try hatred, since you wont be flickering 24/7 like in pvp, you can see if you can sustain it like that.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAecFfQW1DkgPxBB7ES8RlhUgFdcWvxfYGdUa2xzcHhohAyT9KCoqTSsKLL8s4SzpMFQzDDQKNug3Zjt8Ps8_J0cGSshMYFFHVmNW6lb1VvpYr1qmXvpl8W6qcFJwVnDVeA15SH3jfll_xoauh9uIQo2_joqP-pAbkyeX0JlXmZqaE52jn8uio6Z_qW6sZrGztAy0xbVItfK297jKuT65fLt8vea-OsBRwQDBxcLszerQOdUA14bYdtsa227b1Nvn3MfdDeOE51Tp_usU62PtQe4O8-r1S_lj_Kv8xf4r_5P_3g==
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Jan 23, 2014, 6:39:43 AM
right now i have crit chance - crit damage - melee phys - MS - added fire, using COE for 30% more damage. My CC is about 85% so the screen damage per hit is very close to my average crit roll. My max crit roll should be somewhere around 70k.
Respecing to CI on my to-do list. For flicker is actually one of the few skills that would benefit from CI instead of low life. I'd gain more physical but lose some damage in ele department. Defense would go up dramatically though.
"
Bumblebutt wrote:
right now i have crit chance - crit damage - melee phys - MS - added fire, using COE for 30% more damage. My CC is about 85% so the screen damage per hit is very close to my average crit roll. My max crit roll should be somewhere around 70k.
Respecing to CI on my to-do list. For flicker is actually one of the few skills that would benefit from CI instead of low life. I'd gain more physical but lose some damage in ele department. Defense would go up dramatically though.

i dnno how good the passive tree i made is, but cud i get some feedback :3
-Official creator of the Low Level PvP Thread
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/261543
-Unofficial Path of Exile PvP site
Temporary: http://z13.invisionfree.com/poepvp/index.php?act=idx
Official: http://www.poepvp.dwpu.net/poepvp.html (Not completed)
"
Bumblebutt wrote:

OK your links explain a LOT

Forget crit chance, you NEED a 6 link with 2 x melee physical now that you go CI, you lose 30% more but gain 49% more ... so gain 19% more overall actually!

Forget low life / COE / PA, it isnt well adapted to pvp as CI. You gain both tons of dmg and survival overall with CI

This is the best pvp CI flicker link: Flicker - crit multi - MPD - melee on full - added fire - multistrike. You could also try without multistrike and stay either 5 link or 6 link with FA or WED then. SInce again, you will not be spam flickering like in pvm. Multistrike = less damage per hit.

And no way you are at 70k, heck I said almost 60k and I forgot you aint CI so you couldnt even use melee on full life.

Right now you have on a max damage roll ... physical ... ~500 (dagger and jewelry max ranges) x 1.25 flicker x 1.3 PA x 1.49 MPD x 0.64 MStrike x ~8.2 crit multi x ~5 (almost 400% increases) = 31766 max physical crit roll

More crit damage and melee on full and 100% more increases from tree (if possible) = 31766 / 1.3 / 8.2 / 5 x 1.49 x 9.5 x 6 = 50617 max physical crit roll

Without multistrike = 78k, you will tell me your attack speed will suffer but you cant really chain flicker in pvp anyway. Multistrike = 3 free hits and mana friendly though.
70k is total damage per hit which include 40-45% ele. My mid damage roll is about 63% of max damage roll so at 48k average crit damage, I came up with 75k max. But I'm never that optimistic, screen says 48k I'll work with 48k only.
Rolling 5 off color on a CI chest will be a nightmare I reckon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info