Please fix / redesign (Turbo-) Brutus

In my experience, the Turbo Leagues are frustrating to play due to desync, even whith /oos on keybind. (S06/C015, S06/C024, S06/C31)

When it comes to Brutus, things just get crazy (client side).
There is no way of knowing what is actually happening in that fight, let alone reacting propperly. Invisible Hooks an Ground Slams, getting hit in meelee while standing half a screen away, a teleport now and then... thats how it looks on my screen. From where I stand, this fight does neither check skill nor gear, it just comes down to luck.

To sum it up, The Brute appears to be broken, please do something obout it, even if it means redesigning the fight.

If you use 2x coral rings + a leather belt, save up portal scrolls, stand on him facetanking with a portal up, use it when you drop to like 30-50%.. Repeat and he will die in a few portals. Have done this every turbo race and it works. Wear evasion gear too.
"
terrex wrote:
If you use 2x coral rings + a leather belt, save up portal scrolls, stand on him facetanking with a portal up, use it when you drop to like 30-50%.. Repeat and he will die in a few portals. Have done this every turbo race and it works. Wear evasion gear too.

this + preferably try to update your gear to be as good as possible when you fight him.
"

Am I the only one doing brutus with 1 coral 1 iron and a rustic sash?
level 6 Armor or level 8 Arm/Ev

And if I go ranged I would just exploit the poor AI on the stairs.

In fact you can be happy there is no 2h DC Turbo.

I did brutus like maximize life too. But that was back when you got less life each level, brutus had less life and more damage.

Back then Brutus crit slam would have one shot you.

That strategy worked back then but it heavily backfired at merv.
Earlier bosses had less life but did more damage and you did less damage.

There was no way I would have fought merv with 169 HP back then but now 169-2xx hp are normal.

"
There is no way of knowing what is actually happening in that fight, let alone reacting propperly. Invisible Hooks an Ground Slams, getting hit in meelee while standing half a screen away, a teleport now and then... thats how it looks on my screen

The issue is the client predicts his movements instead of received action/movement updates.

This can be quiet easily seen in party turbo races if you compare some streams of non 1p hp abusers. You will see that on one client he is hooking + slam animation while on another stream he was just slamming.

In turbo there are 3 ways to handle Turbo brutus:
1. Rush to him with a melee and pot after the first hit and run in circles behind a wall after a big hit.
2. Use the stairs to trick his AI on ranged characters(in party races one might also run in half circles around him turning behind pillars while others fire)
3. Use the Whirling Blades/Shieldcharge bug.(Works on Brutus, Merv, partially on Piety and Vaal(Submerge and lightning warp undoes it) and possibly dominus 2nd form too.

Thank you all for your advice. Guess I will try to facetank him next time.
"
somesayso wrote:
Guess I will try to facetank him next time.

rip
I agree the desync on Brutus in general is about the worst aside from Vaal's slam move. But something needs to be done just with Brutus in general the desync is miserable in general, it just magnifies in steroid Brutus mode.
IGN NihaloUndead
I like Turbo Brutus, it means I only have to put aside 15 minutes for tonight's race.
I do think that turbo Brutus doesn't put this game in a good light. He's a showcase of the worst aspect of the game. Don't know what desync is? Here you go, we made this guy just for you. RIP!

The problem is that they can't fix turbo Brutus without either nerfing him in the actual game, or removing turbo-like affixes entirely from the game.

The latter isn't really possible, since it would make maps and such a lot less interesting. Not to mention Turbo is really interesting/fun/etc. for all but this one enemy type.

The former (nerf), i guess they don't want to do either, since they could have done it a long long long time ago. They likely keep him as is so that the confrontation is epic the first time you face it, at the expense of turbo races and maps.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
Its a race mode that everyone has to deal with.

The game was never designed to be played in turbo, and then the caps were removed.

Just don't do those race events in that case.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info