Why does 1 hour turbo have the same level thresholds as a normal 1 hour?

"
koticgood wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/754856

I don't get why a turbo version of a race would have the same level reward thresholds. Not a single person reached level 23 in the above race.

because ggg either doesn't know how, or has not devoted enough time to properly scaling race rewards .

most people skip turbo for it being inefficient in the same way most people avoid 2 -3 hour races .

the only races that actually have proper rewards , are vanilla 1 hour races and descent champions.
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
boof wrote:
Because on a good run, you fly through content at a similar pace as you would in a normal race.

Does it really make sense to have level thresholds based on extreme scenarios such as someone having really, really godlike RNG?

you don't need really really godlike rng to have a good run
you don't even need really godlike rng to have a good run
why, you don't even need to have godlike rng to have a good run
you just need good rng
Last edited by boof on Jan 16, 2014, 10:12:49 AM
"
koticgood wrote:
"
boof wrote:
Because on a good run, you fly through content at a similar pace as you would in a normal race.

What doesn't make sense is that the level thresholds are the same for solo and party races.

I mean, can you really make that argument when not a single person hit level 23 in that race?

yup

in that race I didn't have any life gear, making progress slower
I didn't have any attack speed gear either, and my overall blues density made baby Jesus weep.
The only rng that was in my favour was a blacksmith whetstone in coves that let me make a jade chopper, on which I finished the race.
Oh and also surviving Merveil at 3 hp as I entered a tp.

I don't know what grindis had, but I'll wager it was nothing special.

edit: oh yeah, I also literally spent like a minute and a half, if not more, fighting Sawbones like an idiot dual wield cleaving with shit weapons.
Last edited by boof on Jan 16, 2014, 10:28:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info