Why does 1 hour turbo have the same level thresholds as a normal 1 hour?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/754856

I don't get why a turbo version of a race would have the same level reward thresholds. Not a single person reached level 23 in the above race.
ign: aan_allein_daishan
Last edited by koticgood on Jan 16, 2014, 2:05:59 AM
Too busy scheduling 1 week races.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Because on a good run, you fly through content at a similar pace as you would in a normal race.

What doesn't make sense is that the level thresholds are the same for solo and party races.
because ggg doesnt care about racing community
"
boof wrote:
Because on a good run, you fly through content at a similar pace as you would in a normal race.

Does it really make sense to have level thresholds based on extreme scenarios such as someone having really, really godlike RNG?
Last edited by SlixSC on Jan 16, 2014, 6:24:31 AM
Maybe not, but the level bracket awards another three points instead of the usual step of 1 additional point per bracket. Therefore, a requirement that is not necessarily met by anyone in some races is OK in my opinion. Whether it is too high in this particular case.. well, maybe yeah, since no one (judging from my short search) has ever reached levle 23 in a 1 hour solo turbo).
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Jan 16, 2014, 5:43:02 AM
Atleast they lowered them for Lethal/BLAMT :D
"
boof wrote:

What doesn't make sense is that the level thresholds are the same for solo and party races.

I mean, can you really make that argument when not a single person hit level 23 in that race? The last non-turbo 1 hour had 11 people hit 23 (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/754857), so I can't see how you can say that good runs will have a similar pace.
ign: aan_allein_daishan
Last edited by koticgood on Jan 16, 2014, 8:46:11 AM
Some turbo events allow for higher levels than their non turbo equivalents. A player with strong gear should get better xp grinding sarn (or crossings, if we had 45 min turbo solos) due to monsters being able to keep up as you quicksilver.

I cant think of any major roadblocks to getting there with said strong gear either- all the bosses will die just as fast in turbo as they do in non turbo.
IGN: KoTao
You guys are essentially saying that the only way to get the 10 point reward in a 1h turbo solo race should be setting a world record.

Yeah, I think that's taking it a bit too far.
Last edited by SlixSC on Jan 16, 2014, 8:23:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info