Pvp queue system needs to be changed !

Problem with all of that is "queue". Aslong as theres a queue there will always be the problem of downtime/low population and repeat matchs with the only other guy who wants to sit in queue. Sitting in queue because everyone else has quit because queueing sucks and is tired of experiencing every shortcoming that comes with it. If there was a wp you could take to a FFA area you open up a no waiting no bs solution that will evolve on its own. There will tend to be the same people hanging together in the same instance. While other instances are wide open with new faces almost every time. Think of it like joining a duels game. Keep queueing, keep the current dueling/controlled pvp in place so theres more options for people with different preferences. Your right also lower skilled/leveled/geared players are always the first to team up in mass to jump you and that alone is a semi balance. Its harmless to implement this and hell maybe they already plan to just aren't letting us know. But point is it doesn't even need to be this giant drawn out league of its own or anything else outside of a low clutter landscape allowing 5-6 people to make shit happen.

Anything you wait in line for = slow = counter productive imo. But its not a good idea to remove such an option for those who want it because its still a great feature. Just doesn't have the "it" factor thats been proven to keep games alive way past their prime.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Dec 28, 2013, 12:27:57 AM
"
Tempallo I am a avid pvper and have been since the start closed beta/late alpha when it hardly existed. GGG is still young, they are still popular but I definitely agree with hauntworld and some of the other players...instead of bringing a bunch of whining to the forums constantly saying the same thing we need to take a break so they see the decrease in population and possibly narrow it down to why people arent playing.

I think anyone quitting around this point in the games existence isnt really quitting because they dont enjoy the games PvE but most likely because they are bored of grinding and have no Competitive mode that rewards a player vs player (and partially because desynch ; ). I think it is becomming more noticeable to GGG especially through lack of streamers on twitch, not saying there isnt any but, definitely less than open beta which is weird because there is now more content. Many people are acting like GGG didnt make this game for pvp and it will never work and actually talk smack to me in game because I promote it so much. I cant even tell anyone how annoying this is. PvP has been talked about in this game since alpha but has been so slow to come around... I think its because of diversity in tree, gems, and gear. There are many builds that can be made but the gear in this game is HARD to find because the range rolls are slightly against the player. Builds pop out of nowhere, people say something wont work because they have not seen the gear in action and then all of a sudden cry that its OP.

I think balancing is not really the problem but motivating players to play and grind for pvp is the problem. I have farmed so much in anticipation and for what? Its hard to say but I hope it was worth it. I imagine many other players stopped way before me because they sensed it was going to take too long for any pvp league promotion. End of rant and point of story, this game is worth checking back on but I wont blame any of you if you stop logging in and just chime in on the forums once in awhile in anticipation for the features we all care about so much.

p.s.
The most fun I have pvping in this game now is playing against myself. I farmed so many builds worth of gear that now I can make characters on other accounts and fight my best characters against eachother with the help of someone else commanding the other account. I get some INSANE fights which make me wish more people took it as serious as the few of us do.

sorry man, but i just cant understand your point.
let's say i work all day, i come home and before going out with friends i have 1-2 hours to spend playing. in your opinion instead of having fun, i should not play and lurk on the forums and posting when i have the occasion, to show to ggg that ppl is tired of this. this don't make sense to me. its not MY fault if things are bad for pvp atm, so I can't waste my time for other ppl's fault.
me and some other ppl are still logging because there are no alternatives, because we still haven't found other games and we hope that PoE pvp get fixed asap. i'm 100% sure that if meanwhile u dont log and lurk the forums you'll find another game that take your time and you enjoy, you will not go back to a game where MAYBE IN THE FUTURE pvp will get nice.
oh, and dont tell me that ggg is working on fixing pvp pls, because instead of spending time releasing crap unique items or thinking about new acts, they should fix already existing things before releasing new one.
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
Last edited by tempallo on Dec 28, 2013, 4:50:24 AM
"
tempallo wrote:
"
Tempallo I am a avid pvper and have been since the start closed beta/late alpha when it hardly existed. GGG is still young, they are still popular but I definitely agree with hauntworld and some of the other players...instead of bringing a bunch of whining to the forums constantly saying the same thing we need to take a break so they see the decrease in population and possibly narrow it down to why people arent playing.

I think anyone quitting around this point in the games existence isnt really quitting because they dont enjoy the games PvE but most likely because they are bored of grinding and have no Competitive mode that rewards a player vs player (and partially because desynch ; ). I think it is becomming more noticeable to GGG especially through lack of streamers on twitch, not saying there isnt any but, definitely less than open beta which is weird because there is now more content. Many people are acting like GGG didnt make this game for pvp and it will never work and actually talk smack to me in game because I promote it so much. I cant even tell anyone how annoying this is. PvP has been talked about in this game since alpha but has been so slow to come around... I think its because of diversity in tree, gems, and gear. There are many builds that can be made but the gear in this game is HARD to find because the range rolls are slightly against the player. Builds pop out of nowhere, people say something wont work because they have not seen the gear in action and then all of a sudden cry that its OP.

I think balancing is not really the problem but motivating players to play and grind for pvp is the problem. I have farmed so much in anticipation and for what? Its hard to say but I hope it was worth it. I imagine many other players stopped way before me because they sensed it was going to take too long for any pvp league promotion. End of rant and point of story, this game is worth checking back on but I wont blame any of you if you stop logging in and just chime in on the forums once in awhile in anticipation for the features we all care about so much.

p.s.
The most fun I have pvping in this game now is playing against myself. I farmed so many builds worth of gear that now I can make characters on other accounts and fight my best characters against eachother with the help of someone else commanding the other account. I get some INSANE fights which make me wish more people took it as serious as the few of us do.

sorry man, but i just cant understand your point.
let's say i work all day, i come home and before going out with friends i have 1-2 hours to spend playing. in your opinion instead of having fun, i should not play and lurk on the forums and posting when i have the occasion, to show to ggg that ppl is tired of this. this don't make sense to me. its not MY fault if things are bad for pvp atm, so I can't waste my time for other ppl's fault.
me and some other ppl are still logging because there are no alternatives, because we still haven't found other games and we hope that PoE pvp get fixed asap. i'm 100% sure that if meanwhile u dont log and lurk the forums you'll find another game that take your time and you enjoy, you will not go back to a game where MAYBE IN THE FUTURE pvp will get nice.
oh, and dont tell me that ggg is working on fixing pvp pls, because instead of spending time releasing crap unique items or thinking about new acts, they should fix already existing things before releasing new one.

bro when u have farmed for over 1.5k hours for lvl 28 items it gets boring. Thats just farming thats not even the time I spend theory crafting and dueling and creating trees for the rest of my guild. I have been doing this for awhile and I do take breaks and come back. I will not sit around anymore dreaming so eager to play pvp and then just trash talk it because its frustrating and not the way I want. What I am suggesting is still supporting the evolution of pvp through the forums while not stressing out because you are still pvping and its angering you. If you are having fun then why complain about it? If you arent having fun then somethings not right and thats when u take a break. The feedback on this forum is for constructive feedback and way too many people are use to these forums being the wild west where u can come in and say "F**K you GGG RF is G*Y, I wont spend another penny until you make my build beat everyone!", which imo is not going to get anything fixed. If you are saying u dont understand my point of not playing then u are having too much fun to take a break is what I mean. If you were like me, I am past all this its too far and too long overdue. I will stick around on the forums and hop on once in awhile when guildies pm me on steam and want to spar or trade but you will not see my multiboxing and farming as fast as I possibly can anymore.

edit: I do agree that too many micro arts are comming out and working on the new act is not going to keep the audience forever. A good game drives sales, look at league of legends( I dont like it) but they are making bank off of skins and shit that dont matter because the competition between everyone is so high. People wanna separate themselves and look iconic. MY guildies and I specifically bought skin transfers and micro art to role play our characters in the arena. If I knew pvp was going to take this long I definitely would have waited to spend my hard earned cash, but meh I still like to support GGG because I think their future decisions will be intelligent especially while reflecting off of their decisions to shape dueling the way it is. I think tourneys are taking so long because they are adding a better infrastructure. Atleast I hope. Add a high lvl of competition and nice pvp and people will probably buy more micro skins than ever. Atleast I hope so man, I want this game to last 10 years like d2 did for me.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Dec 28, 2013, 5:37:58 AM
You are right man, but ive seen/ did good criticism, and noone of those things even received ab answer, then we have just to dream about an implementation. What i was saying is that i already dont have fun, and if i will find another game to spend my time, ill just uninstall poe because it makes bo sense at all HOPING that MAYBE one day there will be nice pvp. Dunno if i explained it well.
PvP Team Omniscient

"
tempallo wrote:
You are right man, but ive seen/ did good criticism, and noone of those things even received ab answer, then we have just to dream about an implementation. What i was saying is that i already dont have fun, and if i will find another game to spend my time, ill just uninstall poe because it makes bo sense at all HOPING that MAYBE one day there will be nice pvp. Dunno if i explained it well.

I totally feel you man. I have been so hyped multiple times for pvp patches that I literally checked the forums 30 times a day waiting for any patch notes are dev response. I quit diablo 3 after no pvp and bullshit auction house and I had so much time wrapped in that game. PoE has not really dont anything to upset me to that degree and I still talk nice about them. I brag about the game all the time and still get excited for patch notes. As for playing the game, maybe a couple hours a week now down from like 40 a week. There is nothing like this game on the market atm, grimdawn, torchlight 2, and diablo 3 really dont capture the feel that I want and have seen in PoE. This is a good and a bad thing. Its good because I will keep updated on PoE but bad because it has a monopoly on the style of multiplayer game I wanna play.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
"
"
tempallo wrote:

I totally feel you man. I have been so hyped multiple times for pvp patches that I literally checked the forums 30 times a day waiting for any patch notes are dev response. I quit diablo 3 after no pvp and bullshit auction house and I had so much time wrapped in that game. PoE has not really dont anything to upset me to that degree and I still talk nice about them. I brag about the game all the time and still get excited for patch notes. As for playing the game, maybe a couple hours a week now down from like 40 a week. There is nothing like this game on the market atm, grimdawn, torchlight 2, and diablo 3 really dont capture the feel that I want and have seen in PoE. This is a good and a bad thing. Its good because I will keep updated on PoE but bad because it has a monopoly on the style of multiplayer game I wanna play.

exactly this. imo ggg is lucky because if there was another valid althernative on the market, there were less and less ppl playing this game.
PvP Team Omniscient

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info