why does the race system seem to do everything to be unattractive?

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
I think dead players should get points for level bracket and other 'achievements', but not for ranking scores. It should always be the top X 'alive players' who get points for that. I think this should happen in 'void league' races too like descent.

Playing to stay alive is great, and it's stupid that in the last minute or two you can just go crazy and take risks to earn a bit more exp, and not care if you die.

indeed , because the competitive side of racing is kind of a joke to everyone but like ... maybe 8 people in the entire game .

no point in trying to finish a race when grindis (good for them though) or one of the twitch guys are around , because they always get first place , and they always get it by a margin so preposterously vast its funny.
like they level 25 -26 when everyone else is 23.. not even close.

that is why there is no need to take away what little pittance the races would give normal people when they die.

no one goes into races these days expecting to get top 10 or top 20.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Dec 20, 2013, 2:35:33 PM
There are 140 'top 20' spots if you count the class top 20s.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
While the HC purist in me likes that the races are all HC, i have to admit given HC is in the vast minority, it doesn't make sense anymore. Dying slows you down anyway, so it comes with an inherent penalty. The best runs would automatically be "HC".

Anyone know why they switched to all HC back in the day?
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
Last edited by unsane on Dec 21, 2013, 5:56:16 PM
sc races would be complete joke, i dont think i would keep up racing if this ever happene

edit: dying would also mean nothing if you already reached farm place and it had wp to it (sarn/docks etc)
Last edited by janimauk on Dec 21, 2013, 7:07:18 PM
"
janimauk wrote:
sc races would be complete joke, i dont think i would keep up racing if this ever happene

edit: dying would also mean nothing if you already reached farm place and it had wp to it (sarn/docks etc)

Nobody's asking for SC races. Percentage/tiered rewards for people who survived a 3-hour race only to be killed by desync at the last second would be a welcome change.

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
its tragic really, ill still probably hit my target goal, but at this point i might have to resort to cheese tactics .

like stopping at level thresholds and playing as many descent champions events as i can.

That's what my friends and I had decided to do...

EXCEPT THAT THERE ARE NO DESCENT RACES DURING HUMAN HOURS.
Last edited by feyith on Dec 21, 2013, 8:15:08 PM
"
feyith wrote:
"
janimauk wrote:

Nobody's asking for SC races. Percentage/tiered rewards for people who survived a 3-hour race only to be killed by desync at the last second would be a welcome change.

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
its tragic really, ill still probably hit my target goal, but at this point i might have to resort to cheese tactics .

like stopping at level thresholds and playing as many descent champions events as i can.

That's what my friends and I had decided to do...

EXCEPT THAT THERE ARE NO DESCENT RACES DURING HUMAN HOURS.

i got up at 5:50 to get my descent champions in , the amount of points you can get out of it , is worth it

(ps I hit my target , yay me ... time to go play rust or something)
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Dec 23, 2013, 8:47:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info