Why Signature Races should award Demigods.

There is also a reddit(what else) and look at the posting of the Diamond or Eternal supporter.

I'm torn on this issue.

On one hand yes it'd be nice to get demis for the race so a non-record run doesn't feel like a waste of time, but on another hand it encourages pigeonholed, one trick wonder class play and would discourage people from exploring other classes and styles of play.

I'd much rather they do something like Jay Wilson the amount of solo competitive races.
"
boof wrote:
I'm torn on this issue.

On one hand yes it'd be nice to get demis for the race so a non-record run doesn't feel like a waste of time, but on another hand it encourages pigeonholed, one trick wonder class play and would discourage people from exploring other classes and styles of play.

I'd much rather they do something like Jay Wilson the amount of solo competitive races.

Can you explain what you mean a bit? Im not sure that I follow exactly.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
If there's a demi riding on the race, a player is more inclined to always play the one class and build they think they are best at.
Without the demi riding on it, one is more free to explore builds and off-class.

I suggest doubling the amount of other solo competitive races instead, or halving the amount of sigs if they decide to have them award demis, though that may present other problems.

Last edited by boof on Dec 10, 2013, 8:28:07 PM
"
boof wrote:
If there's a demi riding on the race, a player is more inclined to always play the one class and build they think they are best at.
Without the demi riding on it, one is more free to explore builds and off-class.

I suggest doubling the amount of other solo competitive races instead, or halving the amount of sigs if they decide to have them award demis, though that may present other problems.

Oh I see. Perhaps, though I think a lot of racers out there with a legitimate chance to set a record want to win a Demi in every class, every season if they could. Racing is far more competitive for this particular season but will likely drop to 2-3 players per class with a large chance to set the record by next season.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Bumped for some visibility.

I don't have a Marauder record through stupidity\luck\schedule and having to grind out those Sig races once over a 1000 points with nothing to show for it unless I make two great weapons... really burns you out.
races ... are about as fun and competitive as RNG wants it to be , if rng says "fuck you!"

then you are fucked.
"
"Morsexier wrote:
Awarding the Demigod lets racers continue to play with a real sense of accomplishing something in a race they know they will not set a record in after only a short period of time in the race.

"
"Morsexier wrote:
As often happens in those situations, people double down on their solutions. You split races as discussed earlier, AND you also removed Demigods from Signature Races.

I think Mors (and replies from some other posters) explained quite well why demigods were removed from signature races, and why they perhaps should not have been.

I also would like to see demis return to signature races in subsequent seasons.

"
"boof wrote:

I believe this is a valid point boof, and worth some consideration, though perhaps it does not apply to me personally. When there are players such as yourself, cwu and grindis (and I am sure there are a couple others, sorry if I didn't name you), who perform very strongly across multiple classes, and consistently beat me when I play ranger almost exclusively, well then I feel I need to keep practicing ranger before trying out other classes (regardless of whether I am competing for individual race demis).

At the time of this post I have a #3 ranger sig record, so if any other racer beats me I get knocked off the list. So until I am at least #2 I will keep trying to improve my ranger record even though I am not winning individual race demis. Even if this change was made, and if I had #1 ranger record, I would only try other classes if I thought I had a realistic shot at setting another sig record in another class (because I want to improve and maintain that #1 ranger spot regardless of individual race demis). However, if I did have a realistic shot at a sig record on another class then I would have a good chance at getting individual demis in that other class too anyway.
"
cobaIt wrote:
However, if I did have a realistic shot at a sig record on another class then I would have a good chance at getting individual demis in that other class too anyway.

The most important argument. Your chances at individual race demis would probably go somewhat hand in hand with your chances of setting signature records.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info