What's the point in losing points for dying when desync happens all the time?

"
KoTao wrote:
Consider that they could potentially have a million simultaneous players wanting 10+ full updates per second worth of bandwidth being used, with less than 1% of those customers actually paying for it. Plenty of possibility for their financial situation to take a swift southward turn there.

That sounds like it's not even compatible with non-f2p models. Is there any game that does this?
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
"
unsane wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:
Consider that they could potentially have a million simultaneous players wanting 10+ full updates per second worth of bandwidth being used, with less than 1% of those customers actually paying for it. Plenty of possibility for their financial situation to take a swift southward turn there.

That sounds like it's not even compatible with non-f2p models. Is there any game that does this?

Its wasnt uncommon to run competitive fps servers at 60-100 updates per second back in the day, and they could be set to not trust the client with much of anything.

No idea if any online arpgs or mmos do this. Considering most are plagued with obvious cheating that never really gets rectified, probably not. And since most players seem willing to keep playing even if a games loaded with netcode issues and cheating (d2 online is a great example of this), theres not much incentive for a gaming company to incur the (potentially significant) added server load and bandwidth costs.
IGN: KoTao
I was testing something last night for races, and I did the same exact thing in hardcore through docks level 30.

Today in the 2 hour sig at 9 pm EST I had what felt like a five to ten fold increase in desync issues.

Seems like the worst possible server is where racing is held.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
More likely that its just that nobody plays hardcore, so those servers aren't heavily loaded.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
I desync alot more in races than in the normal games aswell. I don't know if it's because I play more risky or if it's, like Mors said, the server.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info