What's with the 7 point reward

My point here is that saying one thing or advertising one thing and then giving some one a reduced version of it is not going contribute to people wanting to actually participate. Even if the fine print says that is what they are going to do.

Very similar to that time in at the fair where you finally knock the bottles over and the dude gives you a microscopic squinter pistol instead of the giant water pistol on the wall behind him and a sign that says knock the bottles over and win a water pistol in giant writing and a little black squiggle that under a magnifying glass says "displayed item is not a prize". Everyone that knows about it thinks it's obvious and everyone that doesn't know feels hard done by.

This has nothing to do with anything other than feedback that I was irritated that what was displayed was not what I won. Which is such an easy thing to avoid. Considering the main point of these rewards is the artwork, why are the stats even shown.

GGG should consider reviewing how these are shown. Even an unidentified flag would be better than they way it is now.
Having the race rewards un-IDed is the perfect solution. +1 to that idea.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Having the race rewards un-IDed is the perfect solution. +1 to that idea.

Not a bad idea. However, there are 'drawbacks':

1: It does not 'hide' implicit mods.

2: For base items that have more than one unique item, you have no chance to guess which one it is. You cannot recognize them because the rewards have alternative art. Whether this is good or bad, you can decide yourself.
Just show 1 socket(1/3rd red/green/blue) and and low end rolls and those threads won't happen again.
"
Ozsmeg wrote:
Events pages says that the 7 point is +20 str.

The reward is a unique item with unique artwork (some will later have unique 3d models as well).

The stats are not guaranteed.

PoE has very few guaranteed item drops from quests, so the race rewards are welcome. You can also use them on any league character (after first 2 weeks of a new league).

If the "example" Koam's sign had +14 strength, would you post that the race reward was better than advertised and ask GGG to replace it with a lesser ring?

Why is it people whine over the dumbest things? You received a kaom's sign which is pretty worthless in itself regardless of the roll and you want one exactly as the posted? I do believe nowhere does it guarantee any specific stats and I agree with Rose_of_haste in saying that if you received a better than posted item, you wouldn't have made this post in the first place.
I don't really see the need to bash the OP. It might be a really minor issue but it's also something that could be easily fixed to avoid any confusion. Maybe just add red text under the season rewards saying that the received rewards are randomly rolled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info