Day 3

Given that some of these end of season rewards sell for a lot of real money(in game currency which = a certain amount of money on the RMT market).... there is high incentive to cheat.

One option is to make all season rewards account bound. Not that this would curb cheating but it would hinder the main reason a lot of people might be tempted, the financial one.

This could also mean that we would have a system where the item is skin xferable to any league and you would not permanently lose the item if your character dies. Sort of silly to have items worth an incalculable amount of money and yet not be able to wear them because I choose to play in Hardcore.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
Morsexier wrote:
One option is to make all season rewards account bound. Not that this would curb cheating but it would hinder the main reason a lot of people might be tempted, the financial one.
I believed that I was against every form of account-bound itemization.

Turns out I'm not. Doing this with race rewards is a good idea.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
You already knew you weren't, because micro-transactions are already account bound, and you weren't against those.

-----
Anyway, race reward items should not be a thing. Instead, the race rewards should be microtransaction skins for that base item type. That way, you can access them in any league, and switch them between different items without wasting a skin transfer. Also, you don't get any in-game benefit from doing the races, but you get a better sense of accomplishment from doing well in them.

Even if bots were not a thing, there are still players who think it's worth starting a new race account just to get the race rewards for this season.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Then instead of players selling race rewards, players would be selling their accounts.

The answer is for GGG to fix their map seed code.
IGN: KoTao
Haha, so you're really doing one of these every day!

Anybody wanna take a pool on how long till an orange response? I'll set the over-under at 7.5 days. And I'm betting "over."
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:

Anybody wanna take a pool on how long till an orange response? I'll set the over-under at 7.5 days. And I'm betting "over."

Of course it'll be over. I'd be surprised if anyone from the team has been in this subforum in the last month, let alone posted something.
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:

over. ggg wont pay much attention to someone who himself cheated at races when the opportunity presented itself, regardless of if he gave them $1000 or not.
"
SmallD wrote:
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:

over. ggg wont pay much attention to someone who himself cheated at races when the opportunity presented itself, regardless of if he gave them $1000 or not.

Does Kripp know you're out trolling about? You know we can see what guild you're in right?

You're either someone I've accused of hacking in that guild, or some groupie... i guess.

Or you're Byr aka Dave from your character name, in which case you RMT.

Next
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Last edited by Morsexier on Dec 1, 2013, 4:55:21 PM
"
Morsexier wrote:

They should definetly do this.
ITT: other people are beating me at races; they must certainly be cheating! Also I don't care to trade my race rewards, so make them account bound plz.

And you're surprised that the devs aren't tripping over themselves to respond to you promptly?

You are vastly overestimating the demand for race rewards based on a couple of outlier trades, along with most of the people attempting to sell their race rewards in Nemesis.
Last edited by Karcaroth on Dec 2, 2013, 7:16:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info