Day 1 of many to come - Cheating in PoE.

"
Hassefar60 wrote:
Regarding his performance, whatever. He is doing fine. I actually thought he had improved but that may be a matter of opinion. He can defend himself if he wishes to but I don't think he is bothered by your silly accusation.

the silliness of my accusation is irrelevant, he is guilty until proven innocent. Until there is proof, he should be banned.
Last edited by SmallD on Nov 29, 2013, 11:20:41 AM
"
SmallD wrote:
the silliness of my accusation is irrelevant, he is guilty until proven innocent. Until there is proof, he should be banned.

And so should the rets of us.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Nov 29, 2013, 12:17:21 PM
"
Hassefar60 wrote:
"
SmallD wrote:

congrats, you realize how ridiculous the original quote is now.
"
SmallD wrote:
Spoiler
"
Hassefar60 wrote:
"
SmallD wrote:

congrats, you realize how ridiculous the original quote is now.

I assumed that everyone had "realised" that from the very beginning. However, it was not completely ridiculous as it beautifully expresses the problem with false positives.
I believe I've openly talked about the fact that you could use the /debug command to get the tile-set and then you could use that to get a general idea of where the boss\end\zone end was.

Of course this same ability to be able to look up the tile-set "in general" while appearing to be exploitative is the same ability 100% of the "professional" racers have to recognize certain layouts, or patterns, and know exactly that map. For someone with race experience this is a waste of time to tab out and look something up, when you can be 95% sure of the direction you're going, just not which branch of which arms are NOT dead ends. The /debug command did not help you with that.

Invalesco and I tested this extensively in CB, and of course reported it to GGG. It was changed within the next 1-2 patches which occurred far more frequently back then. There is a reason we're in the Alpha testing group, whatever your opinion might be of me personally.

People seem to forget that all races were fixed layouts for like... ever until they weren't, then you could /debug for like a week which was when races were 2-4 a week until they removed that even though it was not particularly effective.

New post going up.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Nobody will be banned GGG is even too lazy to ban proven RMTers.

Really the tool itself with the cheat is begging to be banned.
There is a reason why the creator of the tool says "For Single Player use only"
It's just a simple CreateRemoteThread to change code and that's the same as crying "ban plz".

In distant future PoE will redesign Minimaps and give the client map/render information once certain coordinate is passed just like in D3 and then it's fixed but without a ban.
That's the devpost you will receive after some time and that's it.

Also you got into Alpha because you applied. Literally everybody with some feedback postings or some characters still playing in November 2012 applying for Alpha got accepted. Don't pretend it's something special. There are several people including me refused to join Alpha because it's nothing but an early content access + stability testing.
Without a new contentpatch Alpha is a wasteland.

And since several Alpha members couldn't behave and leaked content, Alpha's receive new content much later or don't get it to test it at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info