Too much orbs/gear in Descent Champs?

"
boof wrote:
I agree, but for a level 1 skill, there is no argument that ST is ridiculous. With a 15 or 19 level requirement slapped on it, it would become reasonable, imo.

but boof, what would ranger do in 2h solo races then? bows? I certainly wouldn't wanna be dependant on bows unless I got a shit ton of currency to roll them. Which is the only reason I like the old descent so much more than the normal races. Can't really fall victim to shitty bow rng there.

I mean playing RoA is alot of fun, unless you do practise runs and end up using a white composite bow all the way through act 2. That's just complete bullshit. That's part of the reason ST is so much better than RoA, because with ST there are so many different base weapons you can use... maces, axes, swords... RoA is only limited to 1 base weapon at all times and the chance of finding an upgrade is still low as hell outside of descent where you are guaranteed upgrades periodically.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Dec 2, 2013, 11:59:35 PM
I've spent the last 4 2 hour races gritting my teeth as a Templar using god awful weapons.
I don't think bow using characters are in a much less favourable position than any other class that needs to roll a good weapon. The flat physical mods bows can roll now widens the selection of bows you can roll/get from drops, as a large flat phys, especially combined with ipd, can bring even a short bow up to say a bone/royal bow standard. Granted you have to get lucky and hit those rolls, but that's the case for everything.
Last edited by boof on Dec 2, 2013, 11:33:15 PM
"
boof wrote:
I've spent the last 4 2 hour races gritting my teeth as a Templar using god awful weapons.
I don't think bow using characters are in a much less favourable position than any other class that needs to roll a good weapon. The flat physical mods bows can roll now widens the selection of bows you can roll/get from drops, as a large flat phys, especially combined with ipd, can bring even a short bow up to say a bone/royal bow standard. Granted you have to get lucky and hit those rolls, but that's the case for everything.

Right, I agree that Templar and Bow Ranger are both very weapon dependant. GS and RoA are both some of the most weapon dependant skills with very few possible upgrades(limited to maces + staves to some extent and bows respectively).

I also agree that ST is too powerful and safe, however I think it's a step in the right direction from a weapon RNG perspective because it is less weapon and RNG dependant than some of these other skills.

Maybe we don't share the same perspective in this, but there is nothing more frustrating to me than having to do a race with mainly white weapons. Unless you get incredibly lucky and find an alch or a rare bow and hit the exact damage rolls you need it is just an absolute pain in the ass.

I don't see why that's supposedly better than having races be less weapon and RNG dependant with more potential upgrades.

I think ST could easily be balanced by (significantly) downscaling it's damage at lower levels, I think basically removing the skill as a race option is taking it a step too far.

It's certainly better than cleave pre-nerf, but cleave got nerfed so hard it's basically trash now for racing, I don't want to see more skills being made useless or not accesible for racing, especially a skill like spectral throw which really helps players overcome shitty weapon rng by giving them more potential upgrades. I wish that was the case for all skills, not just spectral throw.

So I guess what I'm saying is.. why not buff other skills to make them as powerful and rng-independent as ST... why swing the nerfhammer and why so hard?

I personally want racing to be less rng-dependant in the future, not more.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Dec 2, 2013, 11:46:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info