Too much orbs/gear in Descent Champs?

It seems like we get loaded up with so many crafting orbs and stuff that we're always at the top of the gear curve the whole way through this mode (and still have Alch Orbs left over!). Which means we clear each zone super fast. And the number of zones is pretty doable within the time limit.

Should this mode be harder in some way to compensate for the massive supply of orbs? Like, +20% to all enemy stats or something. Just feels like mowing down wheat with how OP our chars are in this mode.
Yup, its too ez and short.
If only there were a race mode where it was possible to not see a single orb drop through the entire first act.

But seriously, orbs are one of the things DC got right. You also have to remember that you need 135% fire res to max vs the final boss, which generally lets you put all those alchs, scours and chaos to good use.

The main thing DC could use is more zones, or just one final insanely hard zone after the last boss.
IGN: KoTao
they can keep DC as it is and just make the duration 45minutes :)
"
Kerkrom wrote:
they can keep DC as it is and just make the duration 45minutes :)

I like idea a lot! +1 for you!
Gearing up unless you are scion with spectral throw is not as easy as you might think. I've done a good amount of these now and if you end up with an alch in the end you really are doing it wrong. If I had another 5 alchs I would use them all!

The length of the entire race is something where I would agree that it could see some improvement another boss + 3 lvls and it would be quite good. As longs as we have the same amount of XP to never get below the threshold.

I find this mode very enjoyable because for once I feel like im in control and I have to pick for how long I stay to maximize the run.
twitch.tv/nugiyen (Live almost everyday from 15.00 +1 GMT)
follow @nugiyen on twitter
www.youtube.com/nugiyen
"
nugiyen wrote:
Gearing up unless you are scion with spectral throw

Maybe there is something that could be done about that then because I play a Scion with Spectral Throw. Why do others need more orbs than me, it's the same number of gear slots unless you dual wield?
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
"
nugiyen wrote:
Gearing up unless you are scion with spectral throw

Maybe there is something that could be done about that then because I play a Scion with Spectral Throw. Why do others need more orbs than me, it's the same number of gear slots unless you dual wield?

The clue is in the skill. Spectral throw.

Did you not notice the ever so slight discrepancy between the efficiency/safety of spectral throw when compared to other skills?
Don't hate the skill, that's what killed Cleave =D

We need more skills that are good, not less!
I agree, but for a level 1 skill, there is no argument that ST is ridiculous. With a 15 or 19 level requirement slapped on it, it would become reasonable, imo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info