Viable 2h Duelist build?

So I'm currently looking at creating a 2h duelist with the focus being on PvP. I've put together a rough build of what I think might work, going sword with all of the reduce block chance nodes and as many crit nodes as possible.

My question is this:

Have any of you either played against a 2h sword build or used a 2h sword build with success in PvP? I really prefer 2h to dual wield even though dual wield can get way more crit nodes and has blocking, I'm just not sure if it's viable.

If anyone has played against a certain build or knows of one I'd greatly appreciate it if you shared, thanks!
IGN Nellz
low level pvp or high level pvp?
ก็็็็็็็็็็IGN:Varanice(90 EA Marauder); Aura_Amoureux (8X LL Aurastack Cyclone Scion)
Softore Shop Thread #665265 -Uniques, Race Rewards, Gems, and more.
I also play LLD PvP in SC, and race as Witch or occasionally Scion.
www.twitch.tv/varanice
"
Varanice wrote:
low level pvp or high level pvp?

High level.
IGN Nellz
xdominus has used a 2h sword ranger for a while in PvP. Lordofgenocide is also a 2h sword guy. Both can dish out some serious damage (Lord does a crazy amount with a 700 dps sword). I don't know any build specifics but it is a thing that exists and can work.
I actually tried to steer Ranger Rick into specing Duelist rather then Ranger. Its in my opinion a stronger starting spot for a 2h sword build. Im LordOfGenocide by the way, this build works you just need the gear to compliment it and naturally the know how. If you can manage to get a 400dps 2h sword that would be plenty to win 99.9% of the duels you'll have if you play right.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Feb 17, 2014, 4:39:09 PM
Tree?
nah bro you wanna steer clear of 2h people might trash talk you for copying build
"
BlackDemonz wrote:
nah bro you wanna steer clear of 2h people might trash talk you for copying build

Ignore people like this kid. With their head up eachother's ass they have pretty poor reading comprehension. They know 0 of what really happens and only 50% of what they've been told. Plus feel the need to still troll threads when its old news. These guys are all in the same guild and if you play long enough you'll see a trend in its member base. So they all show up here trolling the threads trying to ruffle feathers when they have 0 arguement in the first place. I personally will just keep smacking down all the posers ingame, done wasting my time entertaining this here.

Duelist is a great starting point for 2h, it leaves you access to all the vital areas of the tree if you're going Hp based. This thread already pretty much has the answers from months ago though. You can clearly see 2h sword is popular right now. The other weapon types have fallen to the wayside because of block. You can piece a tree together yourself easily and through trial and error tweak it to your play style. The only item thats mandatory by default is a Kaoms be it legacy or new. I have almost 8k hp without Kaoms on. Meaning you can make this work with new Kaoms if its more budget friendly for you.

Edit.. Know what, this threads dead as fuck. This guy pm'd me months ago and I've already seen him trade and make this character. I don't know how well it worked out for him but he went 2h sword/legacy Kaoms.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Feb 15, 2014, 8:05:25 AM
"
MullaXul wrote:
You can clearly see 2h sword is popular right now.

2h sword too OP. Devs, please buff block please to balance. :p
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Feb 15, 2014, 8:36:48 AM
Sure, this 55% block reduce with sword is OP. They dont need to buff block for sure, but lower this reduce. Against really good 2H or 1h sword with shield (also full block) and perhaps crit I dont have any chance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info