Open world PVP

Well, Runescape is an a way quite a good example. There are a few aspects which could be paid attention to:
1. In runescape wildereness has levels. The higher the wilderness level, the higher the level difference among the player who fight can be. That prevents high level players from ganking lowbies at the entrance.
2. Multi - pvp and normal pvp zones. Multi - pvp means a group of players can attack a single target, normal pvp allows only 1 on 1 duels. These areas are scattered around the map and an icon at the corner of the screen shows when you enter multi - pvp zone. That again prevent the group camping at the entrance as there's a higher chance to withstand an attack of one player than an attack of a group of players.
3. There can be any other clever mechanics to such thing.

All in all, I like the concept of higher risk pvp areas with higher rewards. Any problems of it can be dealth with by using creativity in implementation of mechanics :)
sounds like fun
I agree, but I need the feel of D2 pvp that is what made the game so good. PoE is amazing so far for PVE and love for them to stay on track with that. However the PVP needs to get some love.
(Deleted Spam)
sounds good
It's totally a stupidity the chance to drop equipment . I don't agree with this.Also i'm sure in the near future items will be soulbounded , since player database will grow and there will be the possibility of stealing account . I thing loosing gold (which in game are those scrolls and other things) is enough . Even so there's a problem, thing that player might let his scrolls into stash in town.

this idea should be discussed more...

and by the way thing that there are more fun players then hardcore , i guess dropping equipment should be allowed only on hard difficulty .

Edit: Instead of loosing items there should be as reward for each player killed some points , pvp points or something similar. with this points you can buy some scrolls or something for you're equipment.
Last edited by Otto on Jan 11, 2013, 1:28:31 PM
"
Otto wrote:
It's totally a stupidity the chance to drop equipment . I don't agree with this.Also i'm sure in the near future items will be soulbounded , since player database will grow and there will be the possibility of stealing account . I thing loosing gold (which in game are those scrolls and other things) is enough . Even so there's a problem, thing that player might let his scrolls into stash in town.

this idea should be discussed more...

and by the way thing that there are more fun players then hardcore , i guess dropping equipment should be allowed only on hard difficulty .

Edit: Instead of loosing items there should be as reward for each player killed some points , pvp points or something similar. with this points you can buy some scrolls or something for you're equipment.

That's a terrible idea, then friends will just farm friends and get free points/loot.

I would definitely love if there was something similar to what the OP describes.

Heck, I'll settle for full-time cut throat league.
One thing they will need to put in if they implement open pvp correctly is a hit timer. You can't pop a portal and hide back in town if you've taken damage from another player recently.

Make it like a 2 seconds timer or something to give the player a shot at getting away but also gives the other player a fair shot at chasing them down

Just a thought

it would this game soo fun with an open world pvp!
Sounds very good to me!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info