We need some Open pvp Zone ( not Arena with que sht )

I'v been playing for a week and I have finished normal mode, just started cruel and realised....what am I doing? Running the game all over again so I can get better itens for...runing the game over again? There are maps for end-game, that is briliant, but hey ain't that the same as the whole game? Farmin itens to be able to farm better itens and when you're done, you start another char with a diff build.

This is "Hero Simulation" more than anything else, for me grinding for gear always had the same goal, play against other ppl....I really fail to understand what motivates ppl on playing this game. Everything is well balanced and just "good", but no matter what league you play, merciless hardcore invasion.....you're still in vanilla swimming with arm floaters in my book.

Please dont get fancy, please don't reinvent the well, 1 big FFA map acessible at all times for everyone. Got geared up? Got bored of fighting computer controlled gado? Go chill in the pvp map, talk with other pvp'ers, jump ppl from behind, get jumped, run stupid repeatable quests while ppl try to kill you and steal your loot....

I understand the game engine cannot handle all this very well, many ppl on the same map and stuff like that but hey, just a heads up, when ppl get bored of killing scripted computer controlled pixels they eventualy will look somewhere they can get some action.

Yeah I am not native english speaker...
"
ustrucx wrote:
I'v been playing for a week and I have finished normal mode, just started cruel and realised....what am I doing? Running the game all over again so I can get better itens for...runing the game over again? There are maps for end-game, that is briliant, but hey ain't that the same as the whole game? Farmin itens to be able to farm better itens and when you're done, you start another char with a diff build.

This is "Hero Simulation" more than anything else, for me grinding for gear always had the same goal, play against other ppl....I really fail to understand what motivates ppl on playing this game. Everything is well balanced and just "good", but no matter what league you play, merciless hardcore invasion.....you're still in vanilla swimming with arm floaters in my book.

Please dont get fancy, please don't reinvent the well, 1 big FFA map acessible at all times for everyone. Got geared up? Got bored of fighting computer controlled gado? Go chill in the pvp map, talk with other pvp'ers, jump ppl from behind, get jumped, run stupid repeatable quests while ppl try to kill you and steal your loot....

I understand the game engine cannot handle all this very well, many ppl on the same map and stuff like that but hey, just a heads up, when ppl get bored of killing scripted computer controlled pixels they eventualy will look somewhere they can get some action.

Yeah I am not native english speaker...

We have that now.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Yes, this is only thing I am missing in PoE.

Arenas are boring. With hostile monsters around its way more interesting. It just adds a lot of dynamics. What was fun in Diablo 2.
The Sarn Arena alone isn't good enough. The core complaint is that PvP wasn't social enough and the Sarn Arena doesn't fix that.

The best idea mentioned in this thread thus far is a "Lobby" feature. Create Lobby's, not just for PvP, but well, anything to attract people to their purpose.

For instance, you log into your character selection screen and to the left [Beside the races, events etc] there is a list of public player created Lobby's. One might say "Duels", another might say "Trades", or one might say "XP Run".

Either way, it will help players better socially interact with eachother and to meet other players who want to enjoy the same aspects of the game.

Most people on Diablo II wouldn't join a PvP game to trade, because well, no one in a PvP game wants to trade, they're there to PvP. The same applies vice versa.

Without something of that effect, PvP will never be practical in PoE.
Last edited by Blockinlick on Mar 21, 2014, 7:35:01 AM
"
Blockinlick wrote:
The Sarn Arena alone isn't good enough. The core complaint is that PvP wasn't social enough and the Sarn Arena doesn't fix that.

The best idea mentioned in this thread thus far is a "Lobby" feature. Create Lobby's, not just for PvP, but well, anything to attract people to their purpose.

For instance, you log into your character selection screen and to the left [Beside the races, events etc] there is a list of public player created Lobby's. One might say "Duels", another might say "Trades", or one might say "XP Run".

Either way, it will help players better socially interact with eachother and to meet other players who want to enjoy the same aspects of the game.

Most people on Diablo II wouldn't join a PvP game to trade, because well, no one in a PvP game wants to trade, they're there to PvP. The same applies vice versa.

Without something of that effect, PvP will never be practical in PoE.

Agreed :)

I wrote this thread calling attention to that fact. Feel free to bump it.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/814454
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
i Agree, an open pvp zone would be awesome.
@Joorix

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info