Most Viable Shadow Build

"
aimlessgun wrote:
There's really a wide variety of stuff you can get to work, but here's a bit of info on some broad types.

CI Caster using Freezing Pulse or EK (or switching between the 2). This type of build generally will look something like this, dropping the elemental/cold stuff if you're EK (EK is better vs all the Aegis Aurora blockers so its likely the superior option). This build isn't really much in favor right now. You can also do a Pain Attunement version if you have a Shavs.

With melee, you can either do swords or daggers, and do either CI or HP. Daggers are more DPS in general, but swords have passives which allow you to bypass enemy block to some extent, and since block is so prevalent in PvP this is extremely valuable. CI makes you immune to Viper Strike which is very nice, plus if you can disengage combat long enough you can regen your ES. However you're very easy to chill, and since you can't Blood Magic your skills managing mana can be very tricky. HP lets you regen life all the time, do Blood Magic skills, and be resistant to stunning and status effects.

Rough CI dagger build.
Rough HP swords

Again you notice the investment in block. Any shadow build will want a lot of block, and having a Saffels Frame and/or Rathpith Globe to swap into will also let you block spells.

The good points about melee shadow are fairly high DPS, high mobility and chasing ability with Whirl/Leap and flicker, and decent survival. Your main attack will be Double Strike, with Puncture and/or Viper as an alternate attack. Doublestrike will have all the usual melee damage supports, and I highly recommend including multistrike whatever you do, as the autotargeting is very useful sometimes.

There's a huge amount of room to play around with here, but hopefully that's a start.

I notice you don't get IR. I feel like spending the ~13 points to get down to IR is huge for a crit CI shadow.
IGN Nellz
"
Vaux wrote:

I notice you don't get IR. I feel like spending the ~13 points to get down to IR is huge for a crit CI shadow.

Is IR worth the travel distance with the high mana cost of grace now?
IGN: _Firebitch
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
"
Vaux wrote:

Is IR worth the travel distance with the high mana cost of grace now?

Like I said, it's only something like 13 or 14 points, not to mention there are block nodes down there you can pick up as well. Also, the only auras you need to run on a crit CI shadow are grace/hatred which isn't hard to do.
IGN Nellz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info