Armour scaling

I wonder if anyone is up to the task of Immortal Calling the crit and counterattacking.
Seems incredibly hard, but there's 45% buff duration nearby, so .29s of invulnerability without endurance charges and quite a bit more with endurance charges. (EDIT: Not counting a level on the skill gem, quality, or increased duration support.)

How defensive is the 3k crit build?
Last edited by pneuma on Nov 15, 2012, 5:18:14 AM
"
pneuma wrote:
I wonder if anyone is up to the task of Immortal Calling the crit and counterattacking.
Seems incredibly hard, but there's 45% buff duration nearby, so .29s of invulnerability without endurance charges and quite a bit more with endurance charges. (EDIT: Not counting a level on the skill gem, quality, or increased duration support.)

Its very glass cannonish, 4k ES and 50% block (Also CI); but it doesn't need hp or defense at all, it just whirls all over the place flickering when it can, eventually you WILL die. Also because of the stupendous mobility granted by whirling blades/leap slam, its child's play to avoid damage long enough to get ES to regen to full.
Last edited by EpsiIon on Nov 16, 2012, 11:47:38 AM
"
EpsiIon wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:

Its very glass cannonish, 4k ES and 50% block (Also CI); but it doesn't need hp or defense at all, it just whirls all over the place flickering when it can, eventually you WILL die. Also because of the stupendous mobility granted by flicker, its child's play to avoid damage long enough to get ES to regen to full.

I assume you meant whirling blades?
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
"
taekvideo wrote:
"
EpsiIon wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:

Its very glass cannonish, 4k ES and 50% block (Also CI); but it doesn't need hp or defense at all, it just whirls all over the place flickering when it can, eventually you WILL die. Also because of the stupendous mobility granted by flicker, its child's play to avoid damage long enough to get ES to regen to full.

I assume you meant whirling blades?

Sure did, though flicker doesn't hurt either :P
"
Ows wrote:

why are there so many critical strike chance nodes if you can just skip them all to get only critical dmg boost? I suggest to remove these flasks to balance pvp..
Crit flasks are easily mitigated by the fact that they can miss and be blocked, and if you aren't getting a kill each use, they refill stupendously slowly, and you also, at that point, lose the ability to remove curses.
I made my own flicker shadow after pvping a flicker witch on another character. With crit weakness I have 87% crit chance on my flicker strike, and it crits people for over 5k in pvp without phase run. My whirling blades has 72% crit chance with crit weakness, and it crits for 3.2k. I don't use diamond flasks.

I can just whirl into people, and then whirl away from them and they usually die. Or I can flicker strike them, which one shots most people. Or I can dual strike them, I have no idea how hard that hits because it one shots everyone I've fought so far. I don't think any of this is OP though.

I think what people don't realize is that armour is supposed to be effective against small hits, while evasion is supposed to be effective against large hits. Since evasion isn't popular in pve at the moment there isn't anyone using it in pvp, and it's hard to see if it counters crit builds or not. It's probably really effective with blind, enfeeble, phase acrobatics and some block chance.

Eventually, even an evasion character will die in one hit, but a decently built character should be able to do enough damage before that happens to win.

Armour isn't supposed to do anything against large hits, crit builds counter armour builds. I don't see anything wrong with that.
"
Danos wrote:
I made my own flicker shadow after pvping a flicker witch on another character. With crit weakness I have 87% crit chance on my flicker strike, and it crits people for over 5k in pvp without phase run. My whirling blades has 72% crit chance with crit weakness, and it crits for 3.2k. I don't use diamond flasks.

I can just whirl into people, and then whirl away from them and they usually die. Or I can flicker strike them, which one shots most people. Or I can dual strike them, I have no idea how hard that hits because it one shots everyone I've fought so far. I don't think any of this is OP though.

I think what people don't realize is that armour is supposed to be effective against small hits, while evasion is supposed to be effective against large hits. Since evasion isn't popular in pve at the moment there isn't anyone using it in pvp, and it's hard to see if it counters crit builds or not. It's probably really effective with blind, enfeeble, phase acrobatics and some block chance.

Eventually, even an evasion character will die in one hit, but a decently built character should be able to do enough damage before that happens to win.

Armour isn't supposed to do anything against large hits, crit builds counter armour builds. I don't see anything wrong with that.

The issue with that is how you define small hits in accordance to the armor integer.

To mitigate a 5k single phys packet, you would likely need 2-500k armor. For characters that can't use evasion, that means moar HP.

The issue is evasion alone doesn't really even mitigate high crits, as 1.1k is more then enough acc to hit most evasion user pretty regularly. Combine that with the fact that combined with whirling, there is no real way to hit or achieve damage on the whirler in a consolidated way. Meaning in the end, the build itself has absolutely no downside. It has alot to do with the godly nature of mobility granted by leapslam and whirling at the moment, as you CANNOT stop them.

As to armor, the issue is, armor itself mitigates nothing, but half of the mitigation equation really, is endurance charges, and at the moment, armor is built around these. For the same reason summoners are shitty, armor users are, as there is no way to reliably upkeep and/or build said end charges in pvp. Meaning in pvp specifically and extremely, armor needs a way to passively mitigate this damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info