Life buffs [and spectral throw] make early game easier

ST+LMP is OP, I just did a run to docks and it was absurd. So absurd in fact that I decided to record it. If you thought Cleave was OP, just wait for ST+LMP ranger destroying everything next season. I can't believe we wasted all this time discussing the viability of bow ranger, when ST+LMP is just absolutely broken. I killed Vaal with a lvl 8 longsword, no joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No-9izfUyvQ

Sorry for the bad quality, I don't usually "youtube" so I recorded this with xsplit, it's just for demonstrative purposes and not entertainment, though it is pretty funny how OP it is.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Oct 29, 2013, 7:32:07 PM
That's depressing... The aoe is just crazy. I don't think bow can compete. Your weapon while good is probably about average for what we can expect to get with the new 2hander mods.

Qarl, save us...
"
boof wrote:
That's depressing... The aoe is just crazy. I don't think bow can compete. Your weapon while good is probably about average for what we can expect to get with the new 2hander mods.

Qarl, save us...

Yeah it's a lvl 22 weapon with no quality on it. If someone found a lvl 30+ equivalent in a race they'd be one-shotting blues in docks. No joke.
Last edited by SlixSC on Oct 29, 2013, 8:09:59 PM
I'm doing my run now.

Gonna update the times here as I go for the lols.

No movement speed or quicksilvers, white primitive staff

29 minute Merveil kill at level 12.8

l
o
l

This is getting into decent duelist times.

52 minute Vaal Ruins on a 56 top end damage two handed sword. Just found 15% ms boots before entering.

1:12 Vaal. couldn't get G-G until level 20, and the Waterfall Cave maps gave me a big FU with their layouts. Level 22.75

2:00 Level 33.3

Weapons in order as I used them and relevant gear.

Spoiler
white gnarled branch, white primitive staff,

Complete insanity. Went to check exile stats for what the 2 hour records are, but I think those are well out of date. Otherwise every record got smashed on a sloppy, shit weapon run.
If you get some decent life on hit, you are basically immortal.

Highlight drop

Last edited by boof on Nov 15, 2013, 2:50:23 AM
2h Solo record is lvl 31. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/523671

So you basically just beat everyone by 2 levels on your first run. LOL

Last edited by SlixSC on Oct 29, 2013, 11:24:09 PM

Hope everyone is ready for Season Spectral Throw.

One last thing I want to test is the 1hr. Gonna see if the ~5 min lead you can probably make in your act2 time over bow is enough to overcome crappy farm speed of ST in sins.
Might do that tomorrow.

edit: We have to keep in mind that docks density has been buffed considerably at release, and would probably at least partly account for the records easily being beaten. ST still ridic
Last edited by boof on Oct 30, 2013, 2:44:50 AM
So Spectral Throw is even better than expected. I thought it would be good for a little while but it would peter out. I guess muling it to another class fixes the problem. I bet all the classes which have a dex component could use it, but Duelist doesn't get LMP and Shadow doesn't have useful passives for it. Ranger seems best option. Already one of the strongest classes ever since the passive redesign, now she's stronger than ever.
You could probably just dual wield st with shadow and if one of your weapons ever gets a lot better than the other just take the worse one out. You get a lot of one handed, dual wield, projectile damage nodes right beside each other plus the claw nodes. With the claw's life on hit you can probably just face tank almost everything. Probably be better than cleave.

Edit: that claw node is insane, +18% phys damage, 8% attack speed, +25 life.
Last edited by Granger_Guildmage on Oct 30, 2013, 1:31:47 PM
Scions will be the best racers this season! :(
Last edited by Rithz on Oct 31, 2013, 1:55:58 AM
Really hoping a dev reads through this thread and appropriate action is taken, though what action that would be I don't rightly know. I don't want spectral throw nerfed, but it's about to make racing into a bigger joke than cleave ever did.
Last edited by boof on Oct 31, 2013, 6:50:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info