Why would Templar need a nerf?

Leap slam isn't affected by movement speed.
"

It probably is, in a world where best duelist cleave players take leather and steel :d
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus

Posted by Chris on February 4, 2014 1:51 AM
"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"
"
Hilbert wrote:

"
Templars will be strong if you groundslam/spectral throw now I think..

Spectralthrow is quiet the same as Lightningstrike with less damage and LS isn't a skill you use during short races.

Sorry bro I disagree with both your leather of steel comment and this one.
OK, after playing 1.0 for a bit, here are my predictions for normal races:
-Templar, Duelist will be in decline
-Witch, Marauder won't change much
-Ranger very tough call because bows got better and other options got worse. I will guess no change if she gets early access to Reave (didn't check) because the Cleave to Reave drop will be compensated by the bow boost. If no Reave then a significant drop.
-Shadow probably improves a little bit. The new class to beat?
-Scion will be good in races that are either very short or very long, but not medium length ones. She starts out strong with good passives for a few levels, but then gets stuck having to choose between attribute points to equip gear or progress toward notable. Her skill gems are nice and she can equip anything so she can adapt to whatever drops. But after the first couple of notables are taken there's not a lot left for her in the passives.

What do you guys think?
"

The time you are in the air is. The travel speed!
The main reason for this decision was "We don't want to have a skill like teleport in D2"
Read more threads!

"
It probably is, in a world where best duelist cleave players take leather and steel :d

Compare Truncators results to the usual Duelist ones.

"
Sorry bro I disagree with both your leather of steel comment and this one.

How should templars be strong?
They don't get added fire at merv.
They don't get lmp.
They got no projectile damage nodes.
There are no AS nodes.

Melee nodes to nothing!

@PolarisOrbit
Mara/Witch no change
Templar will do worse.
Rangers will go back to the RoA builds, which can be as fast as cleave, slightly worse.
Shadows will do worse because of the cleave nerf.

Duelist still will be on Top due high Attackspeed+ Leapslam Travelspeed with QS Flask leap.
Scion will dominate races over 90min.

The scion can elimate issues such as mana/resist really fast. Of course players will go melee and look at the paths you can take: 40% regen and 12% aoe. Expect those AOE nodes to be connected with shaper after the next tree change.
18% resis nodes right next to the Melee node. Expect those to be connected with Sentinel and switched with the block nodes.

The only issue with the Scion are poor sin gems, you have to consider that you can only use gems on paths you take or need luck with inventory.

"
PolarisOrbit wrote:

-Ranger very tough call because bows got better and other options got worse. I will guess no change if she gets early access to Reave (didn't check) because the Cleave to Reave drop will be compensated by the bow boost. If no Reave then a significant drop.

Reave!? Bro, are you ok?
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Some top ranger players name their characters like: ReaveSoOP, ReavingRanger etc. so they must be using reave ;D

Even better they show EQ on race threads they could reave mit axes and bows!
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:

Reave!? Bro, are you ok?

Well after Cleave got nerfed so much I figured Reave might be better than it now.
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:

Reave!? Bro, are you ok?

Well after Cleave got nerfed so much I figured Reave might be better than it now.

They are both trash.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
Hilbert wrote:
"

The time you are in the air is. The travel speed!
The main reason for this decision was "We don't want to have a skill like teleport in D2"
Read more threads!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info