Life Leech, Bloodless & CI Problem In PvP

It seems there is a unexpected problem concerning the life leech mechanic in 1v1 and 3v3 PVP. The problem lies in which life leech is the following. The following sentence is copied and pasted from the path of exile wiki

"The rate of life gained from life leech is 20% of MAXIMUM LIFE per second."

This causes a few problems because of the following.

1- Life leech in pvp can only be effective vs builds that prioritize in life.

2- Life leech in PvP can not be leeched from characters with the trait "bloodless" <-- However this is expected of course.

3- Life leech in PvP is pretty much non existent to players who spec into Chaos Inoculation. And obviously since the players max life becomes 1 then the amount leeched is next to nothing because a percentage of 1 is obviously not even worth mentioning. Therefore people who spec CI are getting the trait "bloodless" without even realizing it.

My fix and or suggestion for this would be the following.

"The rate of life gained from life leech is 20% of Maximum life OR Energy Shield per second. Whichever is higher."

Please let me know what you think. Personally I believe its a good fix because it just simply leeches life from the correct pool based off the build.

BringYourFriends
You arent really leeching another players life, you are converting the damage done to them as life for you, so you can still leech life from someone who has CI, as long as you are life based or GR, and they dont have bloodless.
Hi,

did you test this?

I am curious because your reasoning makes no sense whatsoever. First of all, the wiki quote you are using is incorrect. Check here:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Life_leech#Life_Leech

"
The regeneration rate of life gained from life leech is a set rate equal to 20% of maximum life per second

Obviously "20% of maximum life" refers to YOUR maximum life as the attacker who is leeching. That means, you cannot regenrate more than 20% of your maximum life by leeching.
Get it? Lech is a regeneration over time... and this regen/time is capped at one fifth of your maximum life. Has nothing to do with your opponent.

Next, leeching life does not equal a mechanic where you take life from your opponent and add it to your lifepool. As mvm199 pointed out you are converting damage to life-regenration.

There is nothing to fix, because nothing is broken. I rather think you are over-analyzing and making it too complex, no offence.

best regards
Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel
I'm confused because I have no idea if we are playing the same game. Have you heard of the somewhat popular ghost reaver keystone?
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
Moosifer wrote:
I'm confused because I have no idea if we are playing the same game. Have you heard of the somewhat popular ghost reaver keystone?

I don't see how you guys don't understand what the OP is trying to say, he's saying that right now CI works as if you have bloodless, so others cannot leech life from us if we are indeed CI.

He has ghost reaver and he knows you can only leech 20% of your OWN max life per hit, the thing is when we were testing it, we are both CI and we both do not leech life from eachother, we both have life leech % and ghost reaver however if he places a totem down and I hit it, I leech back my life simply because a totem is life based and not ES based. Right now the mechanic is not taking into account what type of "life" you are damaging.

TL;DR Right now CI has a birthgiven right of being bloodless without taking the node or using Sin treks due to the Life leech mechanic not registering ES as Life
IGN: DamagePerSecond
"
youmadyo wrote:
"
Moosifer wrote:

I don't see how you guys don't understand what the OP is trying to say, he's saying that right now CI works as if you have bloodless, so others cannot leech life from us if we are indeed CI.

He has ghost reaver and he knows you can only leech 20% of your OWN max life per hit, the thing is when we were testing it, we are both CI and we both do not leech life from eachother, we both have life leech % and ghost reaver however if he places a totem down and I hit it, I leech back my life simply because a totem is life based and not ES based. Right now the mechanic is not taking into account what type of "life" you are damaging.

TL;DR Right now CI has a birthgiven right of being bloodless without taking the node or using Sin treks due to the Life leech mechanic not registering ES as Life

All dayyyyyy!
IGN_ Rightarm
i was always thought that meant the damage you dealt can heal a maximum of 20% of "your" life per second not 20% of your opponent, although i havnt tested it yet but that seems kinda rediculous if it was taken according to your opponents life....
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
Last edited by oowarpigoo on Oct 22, 2013, 1:50:07 AM
"
youmadyo wrote:
"
Moosifer wrote:

Yes, now I see my problem, sorry I just woke up when I wrote that. Skimmed too quickly and gave a dumb reply.

Anywho, this MIGHT be intended. I mean when you go CI you are essentially bloodless so it sort of makes sense. Although it could very well be an oversight as well.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
youmadyo wrote:
"
Moosifer wrote:

Well, my bad. I got what he said, but I could simply not believe it. It sounded too weird to me. Apologies.

best regards
Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel
"
Moosifer wrote:
"
youmadyo wrote:
"
Moosifer wrote:

Yes, now I see my problem, sorry I just woke up when I wrote that. Skimmed too quickly and gave a dumb reply.

Anywho, this MIGHT be intended. I mean when you go CI you are essentially bloodless so it sort of makes sense. Although it could very well be an oversight as well.

It very well could be but were really just looking for an answer since nobody really knows why it happens, so if it's intended, great then we know but if it's an oversight and not intended then it would be nice to bring it to the devs attention.
IGN: DamagePerSecond

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info