More than just 1v1 Tourneys, GGG will you clarify some bewilderments?

I follow anything pvp related in this game. I know I am not the only one that does this. A few others and myself feel a little upset about some information that has risen.

"2) The tournament events have their own ladders within that tournament. I think they're all 1v1 currently. This will be expanded over time"

To me this hurts alot. 1v1 Has been the only successfully random pvp instance and it didnt survive for long. 3v3s in HC and SC were far and few between especially when the more enthusiastic forum users took their own time to organize them. I feel like the quote coming from chris during the raptr Q&A makes this patch feel less like a step forward and more like a step back.

GGG has already admitted a plan to reward players for PvP. They will try to make PvP races similar to the current Season races with alternate art unique items. They really plan to start tournaments, with rewards to motivate the populous, by making 1 vs 1 fights the focal point? The only way to make this more fun than stressful is by creating a community. People willing to work together to overthrows others who have great knowledge of the game mechanics, and as well as others more heavily geared than the rest. 1 vs 1 May boon in the beginning but if you aren't quick to tighten the pvp community people are going to seriously lose momentum. Don't get me wrong, I will 1 vs 1 my ass off but, I do crave team compilation and some objective or diversity in opponents I fight.

Starting with 1 vs 1's might be easiest for you, but I think it could scare players away too early. It will however reward the most active 1v1'ers quite a bit, which I would like ; ). If team compilation is focused on in the beginning of tournaments, it will be a similar super smash with the beginning learning curve. All these people are trying to find whats viable. Meanwhile veterans have already discovered builds considered viable and strong, and will dominate those without experience.

Please GGG enlighten us with something that lets PvPers know when to come back and Farm, create builds, and collect the community. Many of us lose so many hours of sleep to trying to nail that godly drop for pvp. When can we expect group pvp, and will cross league pvp be available at full release or even further passed tournaments availability? I think GGG already knows that which we want to know but like all genius companies, they choose silence rather than misleading announcements that never come to fruition.

The Link below is the raptr Q&A for path of exile, hit ctrl + F and type pvp and click the next button to easily scroll through the pvp topics spoken about.

http://raptr.com/Chris_GGG/news/52534c6e77938e0e81/raptr-q-a-path-of-exile
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Oct 12, 2013, 1:22:21 AM
from raptr Q&A

1) what will the levelcap be for "arena" and capture the flag?
2) will there be ladder for 1v1 and another one for 3v3 and so on.... ?
3) how exactly will the laddersystem work ? like in world of warcraft where you gain a rating? 4) will there be any rewards for pvp players?
4) will there be any rewards for pvp players?

Answer:

1) Currently undecided, sorry.

why...undecided? Simply keep lvl 28 and high pvp!

2) The tournament events have their own ladders within that tournament. I think they're all 1v1 currently. This will be expanded over time

Only a small step but we can hope for more.

3) I believe that in the tournaments you get score for kills and then the overall placing determines who wins PvP points

nothing clear answered..

4) Yeah, alternate art unique items

very nice!
=Licht ist Leben=
Last edited by Hruthgard on Oct 11, 2013, 9:58:46 PM
I am not trying to be a sore thumb about this long expected release info, the only reason my post is so drastic is, I just want to cutt to the chase. I love you guys and will throw money at you for what you are but please dont give others and I false hope. If its another couple months away...I will wait. But its always so vague and such a conservative answer from you guys.

I get it, you dont want to give us false expectations. GGG doesnt want to leave us to hanging to wait while they personally know where timeline's progress is currently residing. For us promising things over and over throughout the seasons is in a way leaving us hanging. We think its coming so, like all those who have become rich off of investing in something before its valuable have been anticipating PvP and dedicating our souls to it. ALL in ALL, I am really excited for the PvP plans.

ps
I got really hyped this entire last month after hearing the news. Now the closer the date comes and the more thats revealed I feel like I might have been mislead in hoping for it so soon.
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Oct 11, 2013, 10:15:14 PM
I think we need to wait 10 days for the release to get a lot of info. They may be withholding a lot of info purposely to keep excitement.

Once the release is out though, I would like to see:

PVP events added to Events calendar (perhaps in a diff color)

Events:

[L28]CTF 5v5?
[L28]3v3 tournaments (invidualized points so players can party or join with randoms or both)
[L28]1v1 Tournaments
[Merc]CTF 5v5
[Merc]3v3 tournaments

-Tournaments need to be league exclusive. i.e HC or SC

-Duels need to be cross-league (HC can challenge SC)

-CTF flag holder should have all spells disabled (to avoid brightbeak leapslammers, smoke mines teleportation etc)

-PVP points ladder for L28 and Merc separated.

-Guild 5v5 PVP with a Guild Ranking? For merc/L28
IGN: @GreenDude
Good suggestions here. I would add D2 style 'Hostile' to the list so players can come up with self-organized PvP setups outside of what already exists.

Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
"
Hruthgard wrote:

It should be whatever the level normal ends at when act 3x is added or lower. 28 made sense in CB when normal ended at 28, now it's literally just a random number. Either drop it lower truly limiting options making it a battle of skill or bring it to the end of normal.

As it stands now to get a competitive LLD you need to be rushed through end of the difficulty because you can't level up but you also can't just not get the 3 skill points in act 3.

Also leaves an easy addition of mid-lvl PVP having a level based on the end of cruel, which is like 50 right?

So I understand why they are undecided. Should they raise the cap so it makes sense. But it punishes people who have taken LLD seriously this entire time, farming for almost a year to obtain gear.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
Moosifer wrote:
"
Hruthgard wrote:

It should be whatever the level normal ends at when act 3x is added or lower. 28 made sense in CB when normal ended at 28, now it's literally just a random number. Either drop it lower truly limiting options making it a battle of skill or bring it to the end of normal.

As it stands now to get a competitive LLD you need to be rushed through end of the difficulty because you can't level up but you also can't just not get the 3 skill points in act 3.

Also leaves an easy addition of mid-lvl PVP having a level based on the end of cruel, which is like 50 right?

So I understand why they are undecided. Should they raise the cap so it makes sense. But it punishes people who have taken LLD seriously this entire time, farming for almost a year to obtain gear.

agreed
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
No it needs to stay 28 cause it turned out to be a perfect level for balancing. If they make it 31+ then it will integrate new retarded gems with 31 req.

It made sense then and still makes sense now for different reasons.

Also GGG would get death threats from ppl who spent so much on GG lv28 gear. Don't make my 2 pvpers obsolete GGG.
IGN: @GreenDude
"
Moosifer wrote:
"
Hruthgard wrote:

LvL 28 is not a random lvl either. Piety drops lvl 28 godly items which seems like the ideal farm for normal difficulty pvp since its the end game boss. the item lvl affixes make sense for the lvl cap as do the skill gems / uniques. I take it u dont lvl 28 pvp? If u did you would understand why lvl 28 cap is so magical.

Removing lvl 28 pvp absolutely punishes players. I could understand them adding more lvl range events but to completely remove lvl 28 capped dueling is out of the question. Some make ask why do I say this? I say this because this feature, lvl 28 pvp, has been part of the game so long that players have tried to create a community around it and like chris wilson said himself, he doesnt like making items obsolete by introducing higher lvl caps and better quality weapons. Removing lvl 28 pvp would do EXACTLY that, make all the lvl 28 pvpers gear obsolete and WORTHLESS. If other pvpers want a fresh start and crack at pvp without doin lvl 28 or open merci, create a cruel difficulty pvp...its been speculated about for SO LONG.

lvl 28 pvp is integrated into pvp system, removing punishes a large player base and goes against Chris Wilson's past stated game ethics. Chris's reasoning for not introducing near lvl cap past 100 and new weapons to the game that make others obsolete is part of the reason why I invested into this game. I spent 1k hours on diablo 3, I finished infernal act 4 before any of the nerfs. Then they made it easy to farm by lowering the difficulty, all my items took a hit. I continued farming, they added more difficulty mods and new boss modes and paragon system which continued to devalue my items, some I spent 20 mill and more on when gold was still worth like 8 bucks a mill. This is all irrelevant for the most part other than my reason for leaving that game for PoE.

ps moosifier I dont ever wanna hear u complain again about having to finish act 3 in normal without going past lvl 28. I do it on HC all the time with horrible latency. Thats half the fun and I have never died doing it, and never EVER asked for a rush. If players struggle with this they arent cutt out for pvp man.
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Oct 13, 2013, 2:59:24 AM
That is exactly why 'hostile' is so crucial in emergent community driven PvP. Players could play U28 or U36 PvP by labeling parties as such. This could reveal much more exciting niches and scenarios of PvP that GGG just doesn't have the time to investigate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info