[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Well it will work for some time ... but a 5L item will really boost your power. 5L chests are extremely cheap.. so it shouldn't be that hard for you to buy one at some point.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well it will work for some time ... but a 5L item will really boost your power. 5L chests are extremely cheap.. so it shouldn't be that hard for you to buy one at some point.

I'll buy one ASAP then.
What would be the perfect Body Armour for this build?

I don't know if i should go for Belly of the beast, Koam's Heart or a life+tri resist astral Plate.
btw. i am about to get a 6link Koam's primacy, so Koam's heart wouldn't be a problem.
Belly of The Beast is the least desired chest in my opinion.
The Kaom's heart is a very nice chest if you are ok with the resists and if you have a 6L weapon. A downside is also the low armour value.
Daresso's Defiance is an absolutely awesome chest! Don't underestimate it!
Tri res high life high armour astral plate is also a good option it will most certainly fix any possible resist problems.

In the end it's up to you those 3 chest options are all very good and will work ok... which one is better? I can't really say...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hi man,
i was playing a crit 2H flicker but it doesnt work so good so i made some changes and addapt my scion to "kinda your build". At the beggining i didnt have any trouble with reflection maps but now i dont know why im dying :(
maybe u can help me :)

My Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwB5wSzBS0LYQ48FE0UcRT2Gtsb-iFVI_Yl3ymlLPsxnjH7NI411jkOOuE8LT7PQo5FCkd-Sn1M_04qVvpXDVoaWkhbr18_YEthIWVNZ5tnoGqTa9luaXKpdO1343gNeWh673zZfPV_44TZhO-GO4dqh3aKIpAKkGyRzptYn8uiAKQZplenMKloqXOplK4-r2y2Qbc-u-295r6Kvqe-vMAPwKbA88EExYrGrtJN1e3ZYd0N5FHuDu_w8B_yRfTG9zL5Y_zF_go=

My gear:

what do u think about carnage amu? reduced my life a lot but the life leech and the extra frenzy charge are nice. (i want to get blood dance with extra frenzy too)
how do u defense againts reflection?

thanks!

pd: i need to change that diamond ring for one with chaos resist :)
pd2: new chest
Last edited by dabiotti on Jun 30, 2014, 9:34:57 PM
Well for me simply the max level molten shell ( which is triggered by reflect ) was enough to not oneshot myself .. and vs reflect thats all you need because the leech and the regen and maybe even a flask are enough to quickly get back to full life.
Let me make myself clear - Molten shell+CWDT is a huge anti-reflect mechanic! Don't count it out! In my opinion it works better than the EC+IC+CWDT combo! What i'd suggest is to lose the level 19 EC and put Molten Shell instead! After all you already have low level EC for charges for your IC ;)
Keep in mind thou that my axe has lower damage per hit compared to your staff ... so that means that you take more damage vs reflect.
If you have problems with reflect as a map mod .. id suggest to that you reroll such maps ... now if you have problems with the reflect as a monster aura i'd suggest to use a granite flask before you attack the monster pack - it should be enough.

About the carnage heart - for me it's not worth it. Less life ( when you need more life ), life leech which (in my opinion) you don't need because you have enough from the blood rage, medicore resists, no physical damage, on the good side it has pretty good attributes and the fact that you have it with +1 frenzy charge is also very useful. If i were you i would've look for another amulet but use this one till i find what i want :)
thanks for answer.
im using this one now
, stil the carnage its good for situations were u loose hp more quickly, like vs the dog from cells map, because i reg life more fast. Its also good vs corrupted blood and for reflection too.
Gonna try molten shell :)

let u know how it goes, ty!
I was thinking of posting my build then found this one, so I'll add my experiences here to this thread. I ran a 2H flicker in the last league and made one in Anarchy. Here is my tree at lvl84: http://goo.gl/WHbQNi

I use a Lightning Coil to offset my purely physical build ( +hatred ). It does wonders against phys reflect and lets you up your damage with little worries. I also use a 1.5 attack axe for 2 reasons: 1) Slow ficker doesn't feel right to me and 2) The faster you flicker the less reaction time for enemies. I hardly get hit unless I desync (which is the main drawback to this build and why HC is playing russian roulette) and using temp chains means almost never.

I also only have 5 frenzy charges ( 1 from tree + bandits ) since that's all I've needed. At level 86 I might have picked up another for bosses, but you don't really need it. Just stop and frenzy a couple of times and then flicker again.

For the questions on Blood Rage, I am at -24 chaos res. With 4.5% regen on the tree and this, the life drain from blood rage happens but it drains too slowly to be of any real consequence. With leech while flickering you won't even notice the regen. You can do with less chaos res and still not feel blood rage's degen too much.

You can see my gear here if anyone is interested: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/838186
@ucsarge
Last edited by ucsarge on Jul 7, 2014, 5:31:25 AM
Does it have a huge negative impact on my progress if I killed every bandit in normal by accident?
Patch 1.3 - never forget the big qq!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info