105 min TURBO just sucks so hard as Signature Race

GGG, who exactly figured out the duration? 105 min is sooooo bad on so many levels when combined with turbo. I don't know you ppl haven't you played turbo or what, it has always amazed me how you think its almost equal to normal game. Well it's not. 1h 45 mins is totally not enough for like 95% to kill Vaal. And for the other 5% - why should they when they can just farm act2 for 1 hour and still get higher lvl than having 5-15 mins of Sarn time considering they prolly won't even make it to Sarn thx to some lovely turbo benefits.

No, seriously, it's by far the worst Signature race. It's pretty sad that the Season has just began, but feels like we're in the last 3 days, not the first...

I don't think it will hurt if you atleast add Fixed to it. It's not too late yet...
... who am I kiddin though :DDD
fixed makes turbo so much more fun in general, but its only a dream that they'd change it.
I've had quite mixed feedback on this race format. Some people have appreciated greatly its Turbo.

We have discussed fixed seed for Signature Races, unfortunately over a 6 week period, the seed used is likely to result in changed maps over the time period depending on what gets deployed in patches.

105 minutes was chosen to promote choices, such that it is not entirely clear what the best strategy is over this time period.

We rely heavily on GGG_Neon's knowledge of racing for determining a good Signature race.

"

We rely heavily on GGG_Neon's knowledge of racing for determining a good Signature race.

What knowledge? Watching Streams? Assumtions? His win of a 1 weeker while being supported and using the overpowered LA build?

He got no knowledge of races at all just look at the horrible chests choices in descent.
In the end descent resulted in a mode only gambling with currency and hoping for the ocrrect drops. Do as many races possble and win?
Try a white item race only where all gems are white and items are max linked already.

Regret Orbs? Who the hell would need regret orbs during a short timed race. Scourings maybe but not Regret orbs.

If he is also responsible for the shedule he should better be used where he won't get negative feedback aka email support.

Those 15 min don't do anything for the majority of builds.

I consider myself a quiet good player when it's about rushing non mainstream characters.

90 min for a mara build without good drops(somehow I either get them too late or not at all[bad drop conspiracy for critical feedback]) 90 min are barely enough either to do all bandits, clear thicket or do some wc2 runs.
Vaal was only an option if I had insane drops. And if I progressed I dropped from #1-3 of class after act1 to +3-5 of class BECAUSE I progressed.

The new shitty weaver Turbo will almost oneshot you mechanics will cost me 3-5 more min.
So what's left are like 7 min Sarn on a good run without using WED Cleave or having extremly good weapons cause a Vaal solo time would be around 1h34-36 min.

It would be better IF YOU QUARL get some ideas how to make the game faster again.
Every act got shitty barriers which prevent fast progressing.
How about reducing map sizes/increase ms speed and kick quicksilvers for good/make sins optional like golden hands and Buff Vaal if those quests aren't unfinished/reduce monster HP again. This stupid lifenode, optional damage patch only resulted in characters becoming more fragile and gameplay being slowed down again.

Remember when you nerfed Vaals lightning attack when many players got killed by it back in CB?
Bring back the former glory.
Also some some aiming accuracy and Vaal can be rushed but will be far more difficult.

Especially act3 is a horrible progression blockade.

105min Turbo would only a good option on optimized drops areas and fixed seed.
Else it's just do as many races possible to get the best drops possible.

105 min is actually a pretty deviously clever amount. It's right on the border of where it makes you uncertain whether to push forward or to farm sins, like Qarl said.
The fact that it's turbo however is a really bad decision. I would like to see some names of the people that "appreciate greatly" that it is turbo. Somehow I doubt the names will be those of racers that are actually in the running to set records.
Mixing turbo and the instability it brings to the function of the game with the most competitive event only serves to breed mass frustration in the players it is designed for - those that want to push the limits of what can and can't be done in an allotted time.

Didn't read through Hilbert's wall of text, but I did catch his gripe about regret orbs.
They aren't as bad a choice as they seem. You may want to go with more survivability nodes over damage, or vice versa, early on, but then depending on gear, you may want to switch a few nodes around when you approach a particular zone.
Personally (and maybe because I play on the AUST server that is still "under testing") I find the main reason TURBO races are challenging:

- isn't because of the 60% increased A/M/C speeds threatening your character
- but because the Desync issue is magnified by the 60% Increased Movement Speed

This is made worse when trying any single target melee skills... heck even Reave often misses targets you think you should hit (because they're somewhere else) and you end up wasting mana swiping thin air as the AOE buff ticks down.

It is ridiculous that they've chosen to a Signature Race that features a mod that causes the game's biggest issue to present itself more often. Where you find yourself constantly spamming the "/oos" marco simply to know where enemies are on the screen.

I hope this was chosen so they can fix the desync issues, otherwise it is a waste of a season.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
Last edited by Kaysee on Sep 2, 2013, 10:29:42 PM
"
105 min is actually a pretty deviously clever amount. It's right on the border of where it makes you uncertain whether to push forward or to farm sins, like Qarl said.

Total bullshit. Remove or rebalance cleave ele dmg and whats left are like 4 players who can go to Sarn with RoA, GS/Leapslam and the rest totally dependant on gear.

I progressed in S2 90min Turbo solo as mara for Thicketpoints and Sin Farmers still passed me.

"
They aren't as bad a choice as they seem. You may want to go with more survivability nodes over damage, or vice versa, early on, but then depending on gear, you may want to switch a few nodes around when you approach a particular zone.

The only skilltree which had unconnected lifenodes was the old ranger path, aka your favourite build, so potato.

No other build can put regrets into use unless they were forced to put a stat point somewhere because non escaping 1 Stat build fail to wear EQ while hybrids can.
"
I don't know what is the usual time to kill vaal on a turbo run on a ranger (~~95min), but unless I'll get crazy weapons all the way through I don't see myself going there on a regular basis :<

I'm not a good racer though, I'd like to know what bzmode does
between surviving desync and trying to win the rng lottery for 105 mins, I don't think I'll get much satisfaction from the signatures races, especially since they don't reward any demigods
"
Pam wrote:
"
I don't know what is the usual time to kill vaal on a turbo run on a ranger (~~95min), but unless I'll get crazy weapons all the way through I don't see myself going there on a regular basis :<

I'm not a good racer though, I'd like to know what bzmode does
between surviving desync and trying to win the rng lottery for 105 mins, I don't think I'll get much satisfaction from the signatures races, especially since they don't reward any demigods

That is it. Wasn't the point of Signature races quality>quantity? In the current format you have to play as much races as possible and hope you get lucky alteast a few times with some badass weapons otherwise you can forget about doing good enough Vaal time so that farming Sarn can make any difference...

I think witches can even forget act3 completely??
In races especially signature the aim is to play as fast as you can safely. The problem with the signature race being turbo is you desync in it way more often than you do in non turbo. In non turbo if you know desync is a possibility you will hardly ever be at risk of dying to desync (unless you are playing way too risky).

Turbo though puts you in a bad position of choosing to risk desyncing by playing how fast you can play safely in turbo if desync was not a problem. Or.. choosing to play safe accounting for the chance of desyncing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info