Endless Ledge is amazing... Why so few though?

"
Spawn, Bandit and Insect suicide explosions now do appropriate damage at lower levels. This currently only matters in the Endless Ledge.

would have loved to see more endless ledges this season aswell :/
This is a crisis I knew had to come,
Destroying the balance I'd kept.
"
AntagonistBob wrote:
I really, REALLY enjoy Endless Ledge. GGG why don't you guys schedule a few more of them in this season? Like 20 more :D

Agreed, need more! I am never getting my divinarius at this rate!
I love these things, even if they are a complete RNG clusterfuck (I'm looking at you arc mage 2nd area spawn.)

I hope they add more.
Most recent HL featured hidden coldsnap + elemweak elementals with double caster goats, witches and fire skeletons for my second zone. Good fun was had even if it did take 15 mins to clear.

That fun would suffer 100% conversion to rage if this were the seasons signature event, btw. I hope we wont see the likes of descent passed off as a competitive format again.
IGN: KoTao
Reposting from the first Ledge Event I run, which also was Rogue.

"
Nightmare90 wrote:
Rogues were fine for me once I got some equip.

However I avoided fighting Igna in my first Ledge.
She was insane and I could not overwhelm her.
Pumped in that Quicksilver and was able to flee successful.

Was my first Endless Ledge Event and it was insanely fun.
Evaluating if one should avoid much fighting in gotten Ledge
due to resistance available or dive into every pack was fun.

Loved the random aspect, got one by surprise and needed heavy improvisation skills.
I nearly died many times due to surprising enemy packs one after another.
Thorns and Dischargers at my 3rd Ledge were the living hell. :D

I also welcome more of this.
Way more fun than Descent with always the same area succession.
However Descent with random area succession might be also fun. :)
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Sep 5, 2013, 7:09:04 AM
They're fun but the frustration can sink in easily and you can't be competitive in them reliably.

In the last Rogue EL:

1st attempt: 2nd area has Voidbearers, LMP Vaal Constructs, Undying Alchemists AND for some reason I had 2 Exiles or Uniques close to each other in there...
What...the heck. And I was doing ok but was progressing very slowly. The problem? Bad lag and desync caused my death which otherwise would have been avoided.

2nd attempt: 2nd area has multiple Merveil's Daughters and the Grasshopper enemies. Lag here can cause you to freeze and be curb-stomped to death...literally. Which is what happened despite being cautious.

After that I just gave up 'cause I got fed up by that point.

During my first race though (not the Rogue one) I thought, why don't they have provision chests every 2 levels or so to give us flasks and maybe some better gear? That should break the RNG wall a bit and provide unlucky players with a chance to do better and continue. It's fun but there's too much RNG involved and too much gear starvation on top of it.

I'd definitely want to see more of these but I'd like them more if they were improved.
"
Vegnarus wrote:
They're fun but the frustration can sink in easily and you can't be competitive in them reliably. [...]

Well, it is advertised as fun event, not a competitive or signature one.
Afaik, this is the reason why one can't win Demigods in them.

I just wish that other fun races were similar in nature.
"
nynyny wrote:
Overall its a nice challenge but I dont really get why there are so few Descent and Ledge races either but instead the calender is flooded with 105min Turbo races, one of the least interesting race mod

This. They should really have more frequent races like Descent and Endless Ledge, they're fun and challenging. Consider the one week party league for instance, who the hell wants to spend dozens of hours playing for 5 points when you can get the same in less than 3 hours by playing shorter races?
Last edited by MrAuntJemima on Sep 6, 2013, 6:23:23 PM
I love the randomness in these races and how you have to deal with such different situations. Getting all Fire Resist enemies in an Immolation Ledge in 2nd Ledge and getting two perfect Ruby Rings a few minutes later is just pure fun. I'm not good at leveling though but its great fun and there should definetly more of them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info