Arctic Breath

"
Sykar wrote:
"
Elemenz wrote:
Sucks, too low dmg, feels clunky, nothing special.

It has higher damage than Freezing Pulse while having superior range and CC ability.

It has higher damage per hit than FP. It has lower dps though, because it is slower to cast and has a worse base crit chance.

FP is better close-up, but doesn't have the range. However, ice spear is also better close-up, and does have the range. Ice spear is also much better at keeping enemies far away from you. So, basically, you should use FP if you want max dps, and Ice spear if you want good dps and max survivability. You should only use arctic breath if you want less dps and less survivability.
Unless you have Resolute technique or something. :o
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
It has higher damage per hit than FP. It has lower dps though, because it is slower to cast and has a worse base crit chance.

FP is better close-up, but doesn't have the range. However, ice spear is also better close-up, and does have the range. Ice spear is also much better at keeping enemies far away from you. So, basically, you should use FP if you want max dps, and Ice spear if you want good dps and max survivability. You should only use arctic breath if you want less dps and less survivability.
Unless you have Resolute technique or something. :o

You can use concentrated effect with arctic breath for up to 69% damage multiplier though, which you can't do with freezing pulse or ice spear.
Last edited by Ezhiel on Oct 4, 2013, 2:47:05 AM
So, moving out of Beta and the skill still has the issue of exploding on EVERYTHING, huh ?
(Im fine with the rest, I think the skill is interesting and can even be used as main damage-skill, if done right)

So, GGG, please, if you dont intend to change something before full release, at least note it up and get the underused gems some love, most o fthe time, there is a reason for them to be underused.

So as usual, you need to actualy try these skills out before you really know if they work for you. Level 60 CI Crit witch using AB - FC - LMP - Mana Leech (fifth is cold to fire right now but conc. effect is better). Just can't seem to get BBBGG links in my ES chest. 6th link would be PCOC, LL or Cold pen

I also use LMP - FC - Ice spear on a totem. Clarity and discipline. Curse is Frostbite.

I also have Cold Snap - Incr. AOE - Conc Effect - Ele prolif for initial freezes on large packs.

This is a strong build so far in merciless Act 2. Hardly get hit as you can easily keep enemies far from you due to the freezes and long ranges of the skills. Not so great in parties due to slowness/lag issues. That would be my #1 issue for GGG to fix - the lag when using this skill is quite bad in parties.

Explosion on terrain can be bothersome in some cases but not really a big deal for me. I think the explosion radius is very small. Even with all the AOE nodes, its still seems tiny.

My witch is surviving at this point much better than other witch builds I have made. Damage output is decent but not OP. Anarchy/standard - not HC.

Hopefully Act 3 merciless and maps will be just as fun....
Fee Fi Fo Fum Horn on the Drum....
Arctic Breath isn't exactly a bad skill, it's just a few mechanics get in the way. Obviously, the lag/terrain interaction that have been posted over a dozen times so far.

Arctic Breath is basically an ice version of Fireball. Just think about it.
If you're reading this, I'm probably on another year-long ban.
Thanks GGG.
"
casval776 wrote:
Arctic Breath isn't exactly a bad skill, it's just a few mechanics get in the way. Obviously, the lag/terrain interaction that have been posted over a dozen times so far.

Shh don't give them ideas about making it with avatar of fire xD
"
NagiSoi wrote:
"
casval776 wrote:

a different AoE format and likely still ground chill version of fireball for cost of 2 gem slots vs one PLUS a keystone lol...
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
NagiSoi wrote:
"
casval776 wrote:

a different AoE format and likely still ground chill version of fireball for cost of 2 gem slots vs one PLUS a keystone lol...

Not to mention much slower cast speed and much lower base damage.
But increased fire damge works as multiplier when you use avatar of fire and arctic breath. It deals more dps than fireball if you get correct stuff, unless conversions work otherway than i thought.
It won't work any different from Increased Cold and Increased Spell Damage.

Conversion happens before multipliers, and all Increased and Reduced modifiers are added together and applied as one whole.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info