Please make a loading screen tooltip with some pvp info

"
Rhys wrote:
I had already added a loading screen tip regarding deaths on HC PvP not counting, but I'll add a couple more for the Sarn Arena and CTF/team PvP.

[Edit] On a semi-related note, another thing to consider is perhaps adding some PvP achievements. We already have a "capture a flag" achievement, but having a few more would help clue people in. Something like:
- Kill 10 people in Sarn Arena
- Win a 1v1 duel
- Kill another player with Cast-on-Death
- etc.

Those examples are relatively simple and easy-to-get, but they let people know that such PvP modes exist. It makes them aware of it, gets them thinking about it, and they are easy enough that people will think "Hey, I can do that!" and then maybe get their feet wet with PvP.

Harder achievements are also possible, of course. Feel free to make suggestions. I'm not very keen for ones like "Win 1000 PvP matches" 'cos that's pretty boring.

Not sure if you saw it in the map thread, but an option to let us select map and seed when challenging would be really great. Maybe a /challenge command where we can optionally set map and seed.
achievement ideas:

-win vs tougher odds 1v2 or 1v3?
-one shot an enemy?
-for sarn arena: reach a certain kill streak without dying? 5-10?
-win a 1v1 without using pots? (pretty sure that more creative restrictions could be made)
-killing blow using a minion: raging spirits/zombies/guardians - anything
-kill an opponent using culling strike

-slow an opponent down by x% (check for strength of temp chains? encourage use of enhance or the new curse nodes)

-kill an enemy with reflected damage (bramblejack/thorns etc, there is this new passive wall of thorns too)
those were just some ideas off the top of my head
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Aug 17, 2014, 11:17:46 PM
"
Rhys wrote:
I had already added a loading screen tip regarding deaths on HC PvP not counting, but I'll add a couple more for the Sarn Arena and CTF/team PvP.

[Edit] On a semi-related note, another thing to consider is perhaps adding some PvP achievements.

Yay loading screens! Some simple achievements are a great idea too. You don't need a lot of them and the simpler, the better. Win a 1v1 duel, sure, sounds good :P
"
Rhys wrote:

[Edit] On a semi-related note, another thing to consider is perhaps adding some PvP achievements. We already have a "capture a flag" achievement, but having a few more would help clue people in. Something like:
- Kill 10 people in Sarn Arena
- Win a 1v1 duel
- Kill another player with Cast-on-Death
- etc.

Those examples are relatively simple and easy-to-get, but they let people know that such PvP modes exist. It makes them aware of it, gets them thinking about it, and they are easy enough that people will think "Hey, I can do that!" and then maybe get their feet wet with PvP.

Harder achievements are also possible, of course. Feel free to make suggestions. I'm not very keen for ones like "Win 1000 PvP matches" 'cos that's pretty boring.

Way more than I could ask for it and all of it amazing! Thanks Rhys, I am really happy that you guys have some good ideas swirling. Anything that can help people become aware of pvp's existence! Really happy about the HC arena pvp doesnt kill you tutorial loading screen tip. Rhys you rock!
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Achievement ideas:

March Fast, Be Strong
-Kill another player while under the effects of a shrine

Master of the Arenas
-Play on every pvp arena (small & large)

One For All
-Win a round in a team pvp match while being the last alive (4v4+)

All For One
-Win a round in a team pvp match without losing an ally (4v4+)

Only Tears Quench My Thirst
-Kill a player without using any flask that round

My Pain Is Your Sufferance
-Kill a player while bleeding, ignited or shocked

Deep Wounds
-Kill a player while on low life

From Blacksmith to Fighter
-Kill a player while not wearing any unique items
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Aug 18, 2014, 1:14:57 AM
Maybe add some achievement rewards too. Maybe some more people will want to complete achievements at first place then.
Winning isn't everything
Loose 3 matches in a row

Graduate
Win 5 games

Keep it clean
Kill someone with a single attack

I Need a weapon
Kill someone with your fists

You can be my wingman anytime
Kill someone that has been attacked by a teammate

Colonel
Win 25 games

Totally worth it
Kill someone using Cast on Death

Master Exorcist
Win 50 games

Improviser
Attack, switch weapon and sucessfully kill your enemy
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
I think we need to avoid achievements like

-Kill an enemy in one shot

or

-Win a match without losing a single round

We have to aim for fun achievements, not total domination where players are trying to rekt other newbies just to complete their achievements.
IGN: @GreenDude

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info