Ruthless is the best PoE mode

I kept myself away of Ruthless because the bad comments I heard about. But a then a person told me that ruthless is the best version of PoE and he convinced me to play it. And yes PoE Ruthless is the best version of PoE I am enjoying the game a lot, it feels way better because everything matter, even the smallest thing. Why people dont like it, maybe they are like me, they have not tried yet.

Just try it!.
Last bumped on Sep 11, 2024, 8:11:33 AM
Please make this post on reddit, so we can downvote you.
Ruthless is almost entirely better than Softcore. But the Endgame is super boring because they removed too much content and the loot nerfs dont work with things that generate content. Ruthless endgame is running half empty T14 maps. No synthesis mods, veiled, delve or incursion mods. No bench mods, many of them unique and necessary to craft items, like multimod. Cant work towards anything. After Trial of the Ancestors they are too afraid to further polish the mode, let alone communicate with the players. They are clearly afraid of their own playerbase, it shows not only in Ruthless. Up until T10 maps Ruthless is better. Then Ruthless is Path of Exile before the Atlas reworks, before the Atlas tree, before they made Scarabs plenty available. Like playing Expedition league again.
"
BimboBoy1994 wrote:
Ruthless is almost entirely better than Softcore. But the Endgame is super boring because they removed too much content and the loot nerfs dont work with things that generate content. Ruthless endgame is running half empty T14 maps. No synthesis mods, veiled, delve or incursion mods. No bench mods, many of them unique and necessary to craft items, like multimod. Cant work towards anything. After Trial of the Ancestors they are too afraid to further polish the mode, let alone communicate with the players. They are clearly afraid of their own playerbase, it shows not only in Ruthless. Up until T10 maps Ruthless is better. Then Ruthless is Path of Exile before the Atlas reworks, before the Atlas tree, before they made Scarabs plenty available. Like playing Expedition league again.

Maybe that's why I think is better then, I am playing maps t1, so far everything good but as you mentioned, all those aspect sure are going to affect later. You have good points
"
Maitreya13 wrote:
"
BimboBoy1994 wrote:

Maybe that's why I think is better then, I am playing maps t1, so far everything good but as you mentioned, all those aspect sure are going to affect later. You have good points

I would agree if there were a few things different in Ruthless:

* no good movement skills
* Quicksilver flask duration only 2s
* item scarcity also applying to skill gems and support gems
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
The best game mode is ruthless but

-only white gear
-no skill gems, only auto attack
-play outside, in the winter, in canada, no clothes
-play on a toaster powered by a 9v battery made in australia in the 1970s only
-super hardcore where death ingame is met by seppuku IRL

Anything else is super casual. Do you even game?

Jokes aside, having to post that you play on ruthless rather than just enjoying it is not an endorsement. Its like a vegan who has to tell you every 12.5 seconds that they're a vegan. People who really enjoy it... are busy playing it.

People trying to prove something... post on the forums.
Having moved from standard ruthless to regular league trade recently. I can say that both modes are great. Good to have both and the other modes so people can play what they like.

I agree with some of the suggestions for ruthless in this thread, I think it could be more focused on the item scarcity than the other things that nerf the player power.

- Movement nerfs: I don't think this is particularly necessary. When they announced it I didn't really understand why. They want to slow the game way down so you can get in danger by surrounded mobs, like they are talking about for POE 2, but I think it doesn't really improve the mode having no movement abilities. It's a bit too much part of the game.

- Ascendency nerfs: Also don't think this is necessary. It's fine but I also think the mode should be closer to just other modes with much scarcer items. Some things make sense, like grace/determ nerf, because it becomes too much about finding once of those, but I don't think it needs to be made more difficult than the other nodes by nerffing ascendancies. The difficulty should come from not having access to gear and limitations on currency. It could even be much scarcer than it is. Campaign is about right, but once you get to end game its actually fairly similar to the normal modes.

- There is a few minor things that have unproportionable difficulty in the mode. Like reliance on vaal orbs. Map drop RNG. Certain boss difficult without a movement skill. Mostly minor things. They need to fix loot filter limitations.

That's pretty much it. Skill gems nerf is fine I think. Makes them become actually valuable to find rather than automatic from vendor. Maybe you get one minor aura and one support gem as a reward at some point. Maybe support on act 5 kitava and aura on act 10 kitava. That is not repeatable like by trading gem reward. Going from no aura to auras seems like a bit too big of a jumps.
People playing the mode are largely loving it. Any of the negativity I hear comes from people who aren't playing the mode and don't really have an opinion that matters in that regard. It's not made for them. It's just an interesting mode for people who want a different encounter. Good addition to the game, that doesn't effect the other modes. Everyone can be happy playing which ever one they think is best, or all of them.

Only one main problem I would say is new players sometimes go into this mode by accident. Not all new players, some are there intentionally and loving it. I know there is a big warning, cant force people to read, but there are a handful of players playing the mode that don't understand they will have more enjoyment starting with a less scarce mode. I think it is a default of most players experienced in other games that you can just start by putting difficulty on max. Ruthless mode is pretty good for learning as well with stripped back mechanics, but it's very easy to mess up your character in POE and not want to relevel. Can happen in trade league as well, but is a bit harder to push through this barrier in ruthless with currency scarcity.
Last edited by Belegur85 on Sep 9, 2024, 3:30:09 AM
You can run pretty fast even without movement skills, and it's a big plus that there aren't any.
Yeah i like playing the same game ..

With 1/10th the items at 1/2 speed.

Its a game mode for the elderly or for those who enjoy eating oatmeal with a string.
"
Latze wrote:
You can run pretty fast even without movement skills, and it's a big plus that there aren't any.

Oh, I can counter that:
It's a big minus there aren't any (which is false, since there is one - quickstep).
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info