@GGG PoE2 Early Access

"
Sadaukar wrote:
"
Timbo Zero wrote:

I personally haven’t seen anything in tv, magazines, etc only game reviews for sites and people that already play this and similar games. Which is a start but could be better. That early access video is superb and I’d bet it would get people that have never played the genre of game to at least look, if they saw it.

Edit. To be fair a free game isn’t likely to do a tv campaign so that was a little unfair but some sort of campaign outside the arpg community should grab new players purely for that early access video alone imo, it was that good.

I don't know about u, but I've seen lots of PoE promotion at all the recent gaming events like Gamescom, PAX, Summer Games Fest iirc. They appeared on the xbox showcase I think and usually they start their press tour some months ahead of a big launch. That might not happen for early access yet, but certainly for the games' final launch.

I think right now they focus on getting the game right for existing audiences, because that's the people playing and funding the EA. After that they will branch out even more. I think the latest closed beta already did that with inviting mostly players that were new to the genre afaik.

Also u don't have to forget that PoE2 will still be a niche game. Sure they try to make it more accessable to newer players, but it won't ever be a casual game like D4. People that stick to PoE are hardcore gamers in nature. (some have less time than others, but still)

Ok that’s good to know, I don’t attend expos but glad they are using generic games promoting tactics as venues to promote theirs. Thanks for the feedback.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info