Do people actually like the Sanctum mechanic?

Or is it just that the rewards are too good to pass up they the endure the pain of running through some jank side league stuff?

The concept was supposed to be rogue-like, but in those type of games the actual character play style changes based on items/skills acquired whereas in POE you literally use the same skills throughout the run and it's monotonous.

I mean seriously.. decrease the rewards by half and do people still run it because it's actually fun? I for one would like an option to disable Sanctum and just apply the increased rewards across the board somehow.. not just an increase for other league mechanics to appear, but for the actual drop rates across the board to improve. More slaying means more fun to me. Not some mechanic where the idea is to find the path with the least resistance (least action)... weird concept in an ARPG
Last edited by Durf on Aug 27, 2024, 11:10:05 PM
Last bumped on Aug 28, 2024, 9:31:40 AM
I personally like the fact that they're incorporating other types of game archetypes into PoE.

Just waiting on the moba league to become a reality

Edit: And yes i do like the mechanic but its not something i run unless im playing highly compatible builds for it.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Aug 27, 2024, 11:19:40 PM
Lots of people like sanctum and already liked it back in it's original league.

I personally did enjoy it more during the league with relics as account bound items and also the part that you did had to accumulate your access by mapping and not just by throwing in tome after tome to endless run it.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
It's one mechanic I've never tried. Just not my thing. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
It's pretending to be something it can't be so I never saw the interest.

It's subject to the same DPS flaws most the game is. It doubles over by further rewarding speed, ranged and front loaded damage types. Found it rather boring for making builds.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
If i want to play roguelike i would play something else.

But there are ppl who enjoy it.
It can be rather relaxing compared to the usual high end farming strats where you can barely see anything because there are a billion particle effects, ground effects, etc cluttering your screen. But it can get boring after a while.

And yeah, it favors ranged and insta-phasing builds, but that's poe balance in a nutshell anyway.
It's a bit more insufferable than the labyrinth and entirely optional. Thus it'll be forever ignored. Both should be put in the ground in poe ii at the latest.
Yes, I like it a lot. Just so happens to be very rewarding as well. :-)
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
Some people love and many people hate it, heist is aldo like this. It is perfectly fine to have mechanics like this, just do what you like and trade for stuff from league's you hate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info