Gold not balanced correctly. Love the Mechanic, If I could do it.

Just wanted to drop my feedback here, Because I WANT this mechanic/league to stick around.

The fact is the gold is not balanced correctly for the average player. Everyone should be able to interact with the town and all of its features with relative ease. However with how punitive the gold costs are, as a player who plays after a long day at work, call it 3,4,5 hours when possible, I cannot keep the town up and running in any fashion.

Use lower level workers you say? No, what would be the point of upgrading the town then if this was the answer?

Not everyone can make 100,000 gold per map. I was lucky with rarity on all my items to get 10-15k, with a more realistic build it was 7-10k per map. Am i bad, am i slow, id say probably average. Balancing it around people playing 16 hours a day blasting maps in 3 minutes is not a good balancing strategy if you want the average player to stick around.

Let the auction house mechanic be a dumping ground for gold for the players who manage to overpower the gold sink. For the rest of us, let us farm crops, mine ore, run maps, disenchant items and send ships.

Its FUN. Let us have that FUN.

I stopped playing this league because the gold sink was too strong.
Last bumped on Aug 27, 2024, 1:43:48 AM
This man thinks hes forced to do it when you don't have too.

IT'S CALLED FOMA STOP IT.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
100k per map is not required...

I dont even know if I ever hit like... 85k from a t17 this league and I did just fine.

3-5 hours is... more than enough to interact and have several million left to spare gold honestly.

You make it sound like you have like 30 minutes to 1 hour to play. Which.... you should lower your expectations .... for everything if that is the case.

But you have more than enough time from what you posted to do just fine gold wise.
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Last edited by Mashgesture on Aug 26, 2024, 4:30:07 PM
Don't upgrade the town / workers if you can't afford the gold cost.

Upgrades are for people who want to spend more gold for more output.

If you want less output, less gold, lower level workers.

Basically only upgrade the workers when you have a surplus. Upgrade anything else instead.

It's like don't complain a sports car being expensive if all you need is basic and say you needed to buy it cuz it exists but it's too expensive.

Like some stuff is just a gold sink. Like nobody is forcing anyone to gamble...

I limit costs / upgrades to farmers and disenchanters and only upgrade shipping workers when risk is getting up.
I've been getting good value otu of town and I'm getting less gold than you; and have a weaker char, with far fewer achievements; so I'd say the mechanic itself is balanced fine, you just want to get more out of it, but you can alreayd get plenty of value out of it.

I've been ahving fun and getting good item value out of all the things with a wage of 10k/day or so.
Gold should be normalized better between activities but I've made so much more from Legion / Betrayal / Expedition the league mechanic doesn't even compare.

I've ignored it entirely for a week now. I'm surprised they didn't buff it any.
I've prolly got around ~25-30 div on my current char and none of it came from Kingsmarch.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
It feels balanced, only once you've upgraded everything in the town and maintain consistent playtime.
It feels bad trying to keep your town running whilst also upgrading it, cause you'll farm 8 hours of wages then one upgrade and you've got 15mins left of wages.
But once you upgrade everything that sink disappears and you just continually add to the pile.
Players just don't see the light after the upgrade tunnel.
use 1 level 2 ship on each shipment and send out 2 verisium bars at a time = almost no gold cost

if you ever want to do 50m shipments for whatever reason you probably want a few level 10 or 9 farmers on each crop type but that's like 10-15k/hour max on farmers which is extremely easy to cover. And so what if you can't? Worst case is they stop working. They don't leave you if not paid. It will take 2 weeks for anyone to gather enough to send it with minimal dust.

Miners? Nah don't need them. Toss in a minimum low level on each ore type or just 1 on verisium for the small shipments.

Smelters? Nah don't need them. Same as above.

Disenchanters? Only put one active whenever you have a T0 or T1 unique to disenchant. Otherwise not really worth the gold. Make sure you quality the unique if it is an armor or weapon and corrupt it if T1 (too risky on T0). Corruption mods add nice disenchant value and if you brick it you just throw it away. This way the expensive disenchanters almost use no gold.

Mappers? I mean... this one is extremely optional. I only use mappers if I am online or have excess gold. They are suuuuuper expensive gold wise and very very random in loot results. (one gave me a mirror and another one headhunter valdo, but other than that it has not really been worth). The best use for mappers is just to throw in maps you know you have trouble clearing yourself (no regen, reflect mods etc etc). Otherwise it is basically like gambling just with gold instead of currency.

Now one thing I agree with is the gold in T17s vs T16 needs to be closer to eachother. Right now the minimum investment T17s give about same gold as a max investment T16. High investment T17 with rarity gear is magnitudes better. I feel that being able to clear 17s is already so much more rewarding than 16s that the last thing those maps need is additional rewards for the top players. Top players already play more effectively, they clear faster and die less. That's already more than plenty reward in itself(on top of the loot buff those map have). GGG can surely tone down that quite a bit. Having that said. I upgraded my whole town and got the full set of workers I needed without doing T17s so I feel it is a bit unfair to say you can't do the mechanics without doing them. I only recently moved onto farming some T17s to be able to run more than 2 map devices. That's luxury in my eyes though.

Last edited by arknath on Aug 26, 2024, 9:05:25 PM
Try running t16 8mods, 40+ pack size maps with 2 torment scarabs, 1 titanic scarab, 1 influencing scarab of the elder and 1 titanic scarab of legend.
You'll see the diferrence in gold income right away.
"
Xzorn wrote:
Gold should be normalized better between activities

This is a huge issue that's not being addressed, and not just between in-map league mechanics. If you're not mapping, but instead doing heist or delve or blighted maps, whatever that isn't mapping but still actually playing the game, you're not getting anywhere close to the amount of gold as if you were mapping. You're also not getting ore, because obviously ore is only in maps. So why such poor gold income from anything that's not just grind grind grind (GGG lol) maps and nothing but?

Even ignoring the massive gold sinks in Kingsmarch for a moment: I agree with having gold costs for the exchange. It prevents pure hideout warriors from only flipping and crafting and they want to encourage people to actually play the game. But they're not, they're only encouraging mapping because the gold is so abysmal anywhere else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info