Reddit complains about LS from patch notes and this is the meta we get

"
Mashgesture wrote:

1) Flicker recieved a massive buff that contributed to its selection. More players play it now than in necro on week 3.

Majority of them slayer players. Which the entire bottom side of the tree has recieved massive changes with max res nodes and access to endurance charges, the most powerful defensive mechanic now in the game.

2) Cyclone is no. 10 on skill usage, and most players use it as an actual skill not a proc from cast on crit. And even if they do use cast on "x", thats multi usage, so even more meta...

3) Theres nothing special about Zenith but it is no. 6 on skill usage.

4) Lacerate is meta, thanks for agreeing.

5) Sounds like you struggle with melee then if you think there's no diversity and it received no buffs. You even admit not touching it in years so that's probably the issue.

Just because something is not high on Ninja does not mean its not powerful, and the patch did "nothing for melee". Just means its not popular.

Unless you want to tell me that VF snaking is terrible, Viper Mambroken, Any Slam..., Eviscerate, Blade storm,....

Which would be hard for me to not laugh if you are suggesting that.

They arent representative because, much like your posts points out, the majority of the public has no idea how to play them. They want to play something known and safe. Aka knowledge/skill issue.

But for the most part, 6/10 melee skills are meta, and 4 of them close range are in the top 10.

Hope this helps!

I don't know why you're suggesting that, it's much easier to play melee than the other archetypes because you can facetank basically everything if your build isn't trash and it's almost impossible to die. Melee builds have basically every possible defensive layer available to them, and they're more popular in hc for this reason. You don't need to "know" how to play a melee build, most of them have pretty much braindead playstyles and require no skill. The same could be said about most builds anyway, but melee is particularly like that. Poe is a stat-check aRPG, there's no skill involved except specific encounters

And as you said, meta doesn't mean anything because 90% of the poe players don't play anything other than what their streamer is telling them to play. Some builds with like 0.5% representation are way stronger than almost everything that are in top 10. Mamba and DS of ambidexterity are good examples
Last edited by auspexa on Aug 17, 2024, 12:00:57 AM
"
auspexa wrote:
"
Mashgesture wrote:

1) Flicker recieved a massive buff that contributed to its selection. More players play it now than in necro on week 3.

Majority of them slayer players. Which the entire bottom side of the tree has recieved massive changes with max res nodes and access to endurance charges, the most powerful defensive mechanic now in the game.

2) Cyclone is no. 10 on skill usage, and most players use it as an actual skill not a proc from cast on crit. And even if they do use cast on "x", thats multi usage, so even more meta...

5) Sounds like you struggle with melee then if you think there's no diversity and it received no buffs. You even admit not touching it in years so that's probably the issue.

Just because something is not high on Ninja does not mean its not powerful, and the patch did "nothing for melee". Just means its not popular.

Unless you want to tell me that VF snaking is terrible, Viper Mambroken, Any Slam..., Eviscerate, Blade storm,....

They arent representative because, much like your posts points out, the majority of the public has no idea how to play them. They want to play something known and safe. Aka knowledge/skill issue.

But for the most part, 6/10 melee skills are meta, and 4 of them close range are in the top 10.

Hope this helps!

I don't know why you're suggesting that, it's much easier to play melee than the other archetypes because you can facetank basically everything if your build isn't trash and it's almost impossible to die. Melee builds have basically every possible defensive layer available to them, and they're more popular in hc for this reason. You don't need to "know" how to play a melee build, most of them have pretty much braindead playstyles and require no skill. The same could be said about most builds anyway, but melee is particularly like that. Poe is a stat-check aRPG, there's no skill involved except specific encounters

And as you said, meta doesn't mean anything because 90% of the poe players don't play anything other than what their streamer is telling them to play. Some builds with like 0.5% representation are way stronger than almost everything that are in top 10. Mamba and DS of ambidexterity are good examples

If melee is so strong what was the last melee build to win gauntlet.
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
"
auspexa wrote:
"
Mashgesture wrote:

Hope this helps!

If melee is so strong what was the last melee build to win gauntlet.

Gauntlet isn't PoE.
If its as silly brainless and skill lless as you say it is we should see it dominate in the gauntlet this time around.
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
"
Mashgesture wrote:
If its as silly brainless and skill lless as you say it is we should see it dominate in the gauntlet this time around.

As I said, gauntlet is a completely different game where normal rules of PoE don't apply
"
Mashgesture wrote:

Just because something is not high on Ninja does not mean its not powerful

How weird, i remember a certain someone insisting that a build can't be powerful if it isn't top 10 on POE ninja.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Aug 17, 2024, 1:38:51 AM
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"
Mashgesture wrote:

Just because something is not high on Ninja does not mean its not powerful

How weird, i remember a certain someone insisting that a build can't be powerful if it isn't top 10 on POE ninja.

No idea who that might be. Might wanna take that up with the person that actually said that.

I usually find the quote of whomever would say something like that though. And then respond to THAT person, not some random person.

Make sure to include a link I'd like to see it as well.

"
auspexa wrote:

As I said, gauntlet is a completely different game where normal rules of PoE don't apply

Gauntlet skill picks are directly correlated to how they perform in SSFHC, not a different game.

Baring bans like P*nis brand last time, or DD several times. Both cases they performed and were meta SSFHC.
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Last edited by Mashgesture on Aug 17, 2024, 1:45:53 AM
Well i assume that, if a build can facetank everything and is nearly impossible to die on it would be played in gauntlet. But that would be because that is a pretty baseless claim.

The defensive layers you can get on melee are somewhat negated by the fact that you have to play with a lot more precision to avoid taking damage.
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
Well i assume that, if a build can facetank everything and is nearly impossible to die on it would be played in gauntlet. But that would be because that is a pretty baseless claim.

The defensive layers you can get on melee are somewhat negated by the fact that you have to play with a lot more precision to avoid taking damage.

no, because you can't do that on ssfhc gauntlet, and we're not talking about ssfhc gauntlet

please stop with the straw mans

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info