Kalguur - The Best Legaue Ever

I've been playing POE for 11 years. I'm very positively surprised.

This league crushed my heart.

A wonderful idea with this mix of worlds.
The auction house is a brilliant solution - make life easier - I love it.

For the first time in 11 years I want to thank GGG.

GGG - Chapeau bas

Last edited by Rip_VanWinkle on Aug 14, 2024, 3:41:57 AM
Last bumped on Aug 17, 2024, 6:07:00 AM
It was... despite the gold frustrations, it has been a spectacular league.

Until today when they absolutely bricked it.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
I see you've been playing for 10 years.

I understand your disappointment.

The changes in this game are obvious - it's been like this for many years, for many leagues.

I wish you a smile.
"
Rip_VanWinkle wrote:
For the first time in 11 years I want to thank GGG.

You've been playing a game for 11 years and never found it good enough to be thankful to its creator? I find that... Strange :P

"
BlaqWolf wrote:
Until today when they absolutely bricked it.

How the hell did they "brick it"?

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Keeping the farm running has honestly kept me in the "mapping loop" longer than I ever have been before. I still think Ritual and Affliction were better leagues but not by much.
I agree with you.

How could I not do this in 11 years.

Unfortunate.

I am a strong introvert, probably have asperger's.

it doesn't change the fact.

This league is amazing.
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
Keeping the farm running has honestly kept me in the "mapping loop" longer than I ever have been before. I still think Ritual and Affliction were better leagues but not by much.

de gustibus non est disputandum

That's the power of POE - diversity (I don't mean gender).
I played Diablo for many years.

Why did I stop?
Simplification for ...........

POE gives you many more possibilities.
Every person can find their path.

The leagues ideea and the improvements they did like ex: auction house are good. But the total gating behind insufficient gold makes it feel like beside currency now you need to farm for gold also which makes it a second job for everyone except streamers (because they already married this game) and casual enjoyers...

I mean it's a curious concept that I see no one is talking about, usually you gate progress around either time investment into a mechanic, RNG or continuous grind...This league the time investment is there ( well yea it is technically afk profit but still need to get back into the game to get gold and re-instate your mappers bla bla bla), the RNG is there as cargo's loot level is pure RNG whatever you do (you can manipulate what it gives but now how much it gives), and the continuous grind for gold does not need to be stated...PoE really has all the hated gating mechanics piled up into a league that seemed very very good on paper.

Every league they buff something after first month to make it more enjoyable, the only problem is that by that point people are already fed up and wait for next league were the same cycle repeats...

It's like with diablo 4, people deemed it bad at start, now they can do whatever they want to improve the game because a good chunk of people deemed it bad and left after the first 3 seasons.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Aug 14, 2024, 5:56:38 PM
The league is good, the base game is great. But I'm still giving the GOAT to Affliction because I'm a mapper.
"
Vendetta wrote:
The leagues ideea and the improvements they did like ex: auction house are good. But the total gating behind insufficient gold makes it feel like beside currency now you need to farm for gold also which makes it a second job for everyone except streamers (because they already married this game) and casual enjoyers...

I mean it's a curious concept that I see no one is talking about, usually you gate progress around either time investment into a mechanic, RNG or continuous grind...This league the time investment is there ( well yea it is technically afk profit but still need to get back into the game to get gold and re-instate your mappers bla bla bla), the RNG is there as cargo's loot level is pure RNG whatever you do (you can manipulate what it gives but now how much it gives), and the continuous grind for gold does not need to be stated...PoE really has all the hated gating mechanics piled up into a league that seemed very very good on paper.

Every league they buff something after first month to make it more enjoyable, the only problem is that by that point people are already fed up and wait for next league were the same cycle repeats...

It's like with diablo 4, people deemed it bad at start, now they can do whatever they want to improve the game because a good chunk of people deemed it bad and left after the first 3 seasons.

I agree. The same problem occurs in every league.

I personally hate RNG because it is not clear to me.

In Diablo 2 (I played this game for many years - I loved it) it was simpler and more obvious.

I am surprised by the problem with collecting gold.

In my opinion, there is no such problem.
On 1 map I collect about 10 thousand. I do not even have to raise it.
In the third week of the league I have almost the entire city at level 11.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info