Melee hits fortify enchant needs more explanation.

"
TayPoE wrote:
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
I think anyone thats played melee since (i think 3.15 when they screwed up fortify) Knows about this.

You can thank the casters that were using leap slam fortify for these changes.

Mostly used vigilant strike for this. Pretty sure after massive usage of this skill and its threshold jewel for caster builds they changed it. Not sure how high the playrate on leapslam fortify was. But i think not high since vigilant strike can´t miss = guaranteed fortify.

All caster builds (not a lot since i play melee 90% of the time) that i played before the changes had leap slam fortify in the guides.

The problem with chance to fortify is sure, its fine for mapping. Go do uber shaper with it and see if its reliable. You put it on your items and then assume its going to work so you check it in the pob. Then your pob defense accounts for having fortify.

Chance to fortify is a sc stat. 0% chance i trust that in hc or any content without white monsters.
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:

The problem with chance to fortify is sure, its fine for mapping. Go do uber shaper with it and see if its reliable. You put it on your items and then assume its going to work so you check it in the pob. Then your pob defense accounts for having fortify.

Chance to fortify is a sc stat. 0% chance i trust that in hc or any content without white monsters.

its bloody ironic that when we need fortify the most, we barely get it.
[Removed by Support]
The wiki doesn't state the numbers needed to fortify but if I had to guess, I would say if your melee attack does at least 1% max health damage ignoring mitigation you might get a fortify stack. Also it is easier to fortify on bosses/rares. It is something they should show the calculation for, kind of like how they really spelled out how stunning hits work.

Basically you have to clear a specific unlisted ailment threshold to fortify.
the ailment calculation are based on max life of monster except for stuff like pinnacles that have so much life that they lowered it.
so basically, you need to do more melee hit damage
"
roundishcap wrote:
The wiki doesn't state the numbers needed to fortify but if I had to guess, I would say if your melee attack does at least 1% max health damage ignoring mitigation you might get a fortify stack. Also it is easier to fortify on bosses/rares. It is something they should show the calculation for, kind of like how they really spelled out how stunning hits work.

I don't know if you mean, the threshold is different. You most certainly get less fortify stacks per hit on a boss vs mapping or even a single map boss. I can't imagine how aggravated this would be with chance to fortify early league when you are doing your first shaper with 500k-1m dps.
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
"
roundishcap wrote:

I don't know if you mean, the threshold is different. You most certainly get less fortify stacks per hit on a boss vs mapping or even a single map boss. I can't imagine how aggravated this would be with chance to fortify early league when you are doing your first shaper with 500k-1m dps.

Oh, the wiki just says rare/boss monsters are inherently easier to get a fortify stack on. Like their ailment threshold is lower for fortification. But given boss hp, it probably is a moot buff.

Considering a cast on crit character probably has at most 10k dps from the actual attack, they ain't ever going to see any fortification stacks.
Whats a bit aggravated now is the boss hp bar on top covers it up. so you may very well not know if youre getting it or not on bosses now. (not saying i dont like the hp bar. its pretty cool)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info